Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Do I need em???? No.... Do I want em..... HE!! yea.....

Looks pretty good for a medium size speaker, why not just build your own bass bins (not a direct radiator) and add a nice horn. :)

• Like 4

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

you know what day it is....

Yes it's the day we leave to go back to Arkansas, going to work on the Klipsch Museum for a few days.  There is alot to be done, the goal is to preserve PWK's and Klipsch history. There is tons of stuff, apparently PWK never threw away anything which is a good thing for the museum. :emotion-21: 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Here in Los Angeles, there is a section where numerous freeways intersect. The part i was on is VERY elevated.  As I made the slight curve, i began to get dizzy--like a mild vertigo.  I had to slow down considerably and to the annoyance of those behind me. Same thing happened to me crossing a bridge--got dizzy.  Seems that when i can see “below” the road my mind can’t handle it.  Never had a problem driving across a bridge before. Riding as a passenger recently, crossing a bridge -- no problem -- only happens when I’m behind the wheel. 

i’m only telling you all this because i know you care :P

Don't look down... just sayin'

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

humpdayigor.jpe

what hump.jpe

what a coincidence.  Had a conversation last night with my roommate about dear old Marty.  Once upon a time, my roommate was working on a film project at night, and he was standing in the driveway of a club on Hollywood Blvd (forgot which one he said).  He says this dune buggy comes flying into the driveway and he had to jump out of the way.  It was Marty Feldman driving. He was wearing a baseball hat with moose ears. He got out, tossed the keys to the valet and entered the club.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Karsoncookie said:

So it comes to my mind... somekinda Anxiety type thing, certainly can be unconcious,  rather than more Physical cause

not initially; but, it sure is one now!  Driven that route before many a times...spent over 16 years crossing that bridge for work -- never a problem, until now. Something about seeing the road and seeing below the road that trips me up big time. 

I had Vertigo for a couple of days once...not a pleasant experience. It's far more than just being a bit dizzy--it's a violent dizzy. I stood up, lost my  balance, side-stepped a few times before i caught my balance.  A few more steps I would have went through a sliding glass door. It's as if, someone is violently pushing you -- ok, in my case, there probably IS someone pushing me :D

I'll just get me some Ketchup Chips and focus on that next drive.

• Like 5

After a LONG wait the first of my restored h/k receivers has arrived.  Powering a pair of DIY Fostex FE103 single drivers via Pono results in a minimalist system I could live with indefinitely.  The imaging on "Moondance" is startling outdoors.

The nice weather and a Detroit Stroh's make for a perfect end to hump day.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Morning gang...

Coffee all done.... grandson on the bus...

So.... surfing the CL this morning I stumbled on these... If I'm reading the ad correctly the guy has four of these for $1100 obo...

They look bad A$$..... anybody heard these??

Do I need em???? No.... Do I want em..... HE!! yea..... 

Later...

MKP :-)

00G0G_1vzrSjUZQNd_1200x900.jpg

You Damm sure better have bought those.

Id like to know what is stacked behind them also.....

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, minermark said:

You Damm sure better have bought those.

Id like to know what is stacked behind them also.....

I haven't called yet.... But in the ad you can see a bunch of other gear.... There down in DC....

I stumbled on a CL ad last month of some guy selling some MASSIVE EAW subs... I mean huge... two 18" in one cab. I called and spoke with him, he told me I will need at least two people to handle these subs... He had four of them and wanted only $200 for each... man I was all over these.. but then I started to measure my living room... They were just too big...

anyway I think this might be the same guy...

OK I'm gonna do it..... I'm calling now... I'll keep you guys posted...

• Like 5