Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I haven't called yet.... But in the ad you can see a bunch of other gear.... There down in DC....

I stumbled on a CL ad last month of some guy selling some MASSIVE EAW subs... I mean huge... two 18" in one cab. I called and spoke with him, he told me I will need at least two people to handle these subs... He had four of them and wanted only $200 for each... man I was all over these.. but then I started to measure my living room... They were just too big...

anyway I think this might be the same guy...

OK I'm gonna do it..... I'm calling now... I'll keep you guys posted...

EAW's are everything Klipsch is not. Direct firing and just a different sound, not better, but just different.

Iv a nice stack sitting right behind me at the moment.

• Like 5

OK.... just got off the phone with my man.... and yes it's the same guy... he has six pair of these JBL's :o $600 a pair - $1100 for two pair...

He's also got a bunch of Crowns... Macro-tech's and all kinds of goodies... 

I think I'm at a point if I do snagg these I'm going to have to sell some gear.... I don't want to sell my gear but I do have a sickness... I could off my Polk SDA 2.3's for a grand or so.....or the Chorus II's for $500 or so.. or just get em and keep it all;)

What to do????

MKP :-)

• Like 5

I'm thinking there might be a language barrier.... this guy is from Taiwan and has quite a accent.... I was doing some research on these JBL's and they go for quite a bit of money..... Like $600 a pair would be a steal. When I was saying one pair I think he was pricing one speaker??

We'll see what the out come is this weekend.....

48 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Time to talk to the boss.

YUP ;)

• Like 4

Something on the lighter side.....

I have a water bug in my Volvo wagon!  I suspect he was in the cover of the chairs I take to outside concerts and now he resides in my car.  LF and I lifted the panel covering the spare looking for him and he made a dash for the crack between the top and bottom seats.  He is getting to see some of the country side as I drive from place to place so he is happy.

Now how to get rid of him.  He ran across my foot as I was driving last night so measures need to be taken.  I have considered sprays and insect bombs but really don't want to have to breathe that stuff afterwards.  I was once told by an exterminator that a water bug can live in the wall for 6 months, come out and find/eat part of an aspirin and is good to go for another 6 months. 

MKP....ever have this issue?  I would ask Carl but I'm sure he would recommend dynamite:o

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Something on the lighter side.....

I have a water bug in my Volvo wagon!  I suspect he was in the cover of the chairs I take to outside concerts and now he resides in my car.  LF and I lifted the panel covering the spare looking for him and he made a dash for the crack between the top and bottom seats.  He is getting to see some of the country side as I drive from place to place so he is happy.

Now how to get rid of him.  He ran across my foot as I was driving last night so measures need to be taken.  I have considered sprays and insect bombs but really don't want to have to breathe that stuff afterwards.  I was once told by an exterminator that a water bug can live in the wall for 6 months, come out and find/eat part of an aspirin and is good to go for another 6 months. 

MKP....ever have this issue?  I would ask Carl but I'm sure he would recommend dynamite:o

LOL LOL...

That's funny Chuck..... Ahhhh..... I don't have too many people come in the shop with water bugs in there cars:P...

I say spray it.... I wouldn't want that SOB running across my foot..

• Like 3

Nice - driving Miss Daisey! And I do think you would look quite dapper in a chauffeur's hat. Simple solution is live with Daisey for 6 more months and keep aspirin out of the car?! Problem solved --i

And oh, in case none of you high count post guys wouldn't have noticed ---- # ONE THOUSAND.

• Like 5

Morning Gang

Early start i guess, Coffee and im here.

MKP, those "Crowns" this guy has, let me know what they are, i could be down for a couple.

My QSC is i think TOO big for the RV, so im kind of shopping for something around 100 to 200 WPC.

Dentist run this morning, Pub, then maybe the RV roof again.

Have not completed the last "Scrub Down" before applying the new Snow Roof.

• Like 5