Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Something on the lighter side.....

I have a water bug in my Volvo wagon!  I suspect he was in the cover of the chairs I take to outside concerts and now he resides in my car.  LF and I lifted the panel covering the spare looking for him and he made a dash for the crack between the top and bottom seats.  He is getting to see some of the country side as I drive from place to place so he is happy.

Now how to get rid of him.  He ran across my foot as I was driving last night so measures need to be taken.  I have considered sprays and insect bombs but really don't want to have to breathe that stuff afterwards.  I was once told by an exterminator that a water bug can live in the wall for 6 months, come out and find/eat part of an aspirin and is good to go for another 6 months. 

MKP....ever have this issue?  I would ask Carl but I'm sure he would recommend dynamite:o

Well at least you KNOW what kind of critter you are chasing.

I picked up something in the Dodge at the start of summer, LiL Bast-rd knawed on my gas peddle leg wile i was driving.

Orththo bug killer and let the truck sit for a couple weeks in the heat, i THINK i got him, no bites lately.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, minermark said:

Well at least you KNOW what kind of critter you are chasing.

I picked up something in the Dodge at the start of summer, LiL Bast-rd knawed on my gas peddle leg wile i was driving.

Orththo bug killer and let the truck sit for a couple weeks in the heat, i THINK i got him, no bites lately.

That gives me the willies.  

Next week, weather permitting, it's a road trip all through central Colorado, South-to-North.  Then, back down to South along other routes.  These will be state highways and county roads.  We are targeting the best mountain passes for elevation changes.  I am getting kind of excited.  Haven't had a road trip since Spring 2015.

• Like 5

Digging up the street don't bother me ... I yank out the hearing aids when i go to sleep and I don't hear a thing ... literally.

Good and bad to that.  Had a lady once get frustrated and tell me that she couldn't whisper in my ear...because i can't hear it.  Asking a lady after she's whispered something in your ear, "what did you say?" isn't very romantic.

• Like 5

And off to start the Day.

Dentist = easy visit.

Pub = Buzz.

Ace Hardware = Screws.

Total wine = Stock.

Then the RV, well that is the current plan anyway.......

Wife say's, i dont see breakfast anywhere in there?  that's right babe, a man's day. you are along for the ride.......

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Had a lady once get frustrated and tell me that she couldn't whisper in my ear...because i can't hear it.  Asking a lady after she's whispered something in your ear, "what did you say?" isn't very romantic.

Well then, just say "Yes"......that's the right answer...most of the time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I hope he runs up your pant leg.

I've had that happen... not much fun.

When I went back to school to take some more electronics courses, there was a guy in class who had worked for the telephone company in Miami. He told me one day he had to work on this pole that was covered in vines. He climbs up the pole, and has this tool to open the box. (He is right below  the junction box) He flips it open and out fall hundreds of Palmetto bugs, inside his shirt, in his hair, etc. He said he couldn't get down fast enough, smashing the bugs in his clothes all the way down. He called back in that he was sick and took the rest of the day off.

Bruce

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

I've had that happen... not much fun.

When I went back to school to take some more electronics courses, there was a guy in class who had worked for the telephone company in Miami. He told me one day he had to work on this pole that was covered in vines. He climbs up the pole, and has this tool to open the box. (He is right below  the junction box) He flips it open and out fall hundreds of Palmetto bugs, inside his shirt, in his hair, etc. He said he couldn't get down fast enough, smashing the bugs in his clothes all the way down. He called back in that he was sick and took the rest of the day off.

Bruce

LOL.  I had a couple come out of the shower drain and up my leg once.  The shower hadn't been used in my weeks of absence.  Since then I never stepped in until running the water for a length of time, just to make sure...

• Like 2

Went to lunch and took the Volvo.  Guess water bug was sleeping in on this rainy day.  Since it seems he will be with me a while I guess I should name him.  What names do you like?  I'm kind of leaning towards Carl.....Carl the water bug.  No relation to our Carl mind you:rolleyes:

• Like 4