Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey guys ...looks like a kick back Sunday. Early Broncos game on TV and Better Half Unit is making butternut squash soup from squash we grew. Ribeyes on the grill later on. May need a long walk with Baxter.

Be safe in the mountains and have fun on your trip, Jeff.

Happy Sunday folks.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I had the Kung Pao Combination.

I go to a local Chinese restaurant that is cash only, take out only and closed Sunday and Monday.  They're good enough to be able to dictate terms to their customers, reminiscent of the Seinfeld Show "Soup Nazi."   For unknown reasons they do not offer Kung Poa.  I once foolishly asked if they could throw some peanuts in the szechuan spicy chicken.  You would have thought I asked for a kidney.   I could order peanut chicken (not the same thing) but they would NOT put peanuts in the szechuan spicy chicken.

• Like 5

Was our sixth anniversary... went to our church, visited another to celebrate a friend's daughter's birthday (with filipino food), another party 40 miles away to celebrate filipino birthday of wife of a friend (they've been married 24 yrs), went to see a movie and came home, had a glass of wine... time to sleep. Wonderful day, although we are still hitting the mid 90s.

Bruce

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Was our sixth anniversary... went to our church, visited another to celebrate their daughter's birthday (with filipino food), another part 40 miles away to celebrate filipino birthday of wife of a friend (they've been married 24 yrs), went to see a movie and came home, had a glass of wine... time to sleep. Wonderful day, although we are still hitting the mid 90s.

Bruce

that’s sounds like a busy day Bruce...congrats on the anniversary.  I didn’t see you at church this morning--glad you were there though.  It’s rather warm out west too. hope it cools down soon--even the ocean breeze is warm.

• Like 5

Morning all...

Yup.. Monday the cursed day.... I hear ya Carl:wacko:.... Gotta start somewhere....

Thanks for the pic Chuck... 

Well I was kinda bummed yesterday...... I was working on the wood pile again... I moved all the wood from the stump that it was around. So I'm thinking I wanted to start burning the the big stump away... It's quite a big stump and it is rotten inside, and it's filled with all the rotten bits of wood...kinda looks like fine black mulch...

So I poured some diesel fuel into the hole and on the stump and set the fire... it was burning quite good.... as I was working around the stump I was just thinking about Mr.Toad that was in the wood pile the other day. I thought to myself " I hope Mr.Toad didn't make new home in the black rotten mulch".... was thinking I should have check in rotten mulch for him..... A few minutes later Mr.Toad came crawling out of the hot coals..... He was not looking good...... he was almost a gonner..... he was in some kind of bad shape..... I quickly used a shovel and ended his suffering... 

This really up set me I don't like killing gods creatures.... and Mr.toad was really cool....

OK gotta roll.... the shop awaits.....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Happy anniversary Bruce and Mrs. Marvel:)

A bit cooler and breezy with wonderful sunshine after 2 weeks of rain. 

Had to take the Volvo in this morning for an inspection, oil change, tire rotation, and new wiper blades.  2008 V70 with 58,000 miles.  3 wiper blades $79....yikes.

Had lunch with the LF.  Stopped and bought the Jakester some food and a big bone.

Over half through with Monday work day worker bees.  Time to get up retirees.

• Like 4

Happy Monday from the far northwest!  Hitting the low 30's at night.  It's go time!  Allegedly some 'nino winds are gone this year and we should expect normal snowfall.  Believe it or not, we (well most of us) look forward to that.  Snow brightens up the dark winter! 

My Beloved Braves are about to wrap up an abysmal season - football is in full swing - bring on the coffee - life is good!  Have a great week!

• Like 5

You don't drive much, eh Chuck? My 2007 Subaru has almost 190k...
Raining here this afternoon... almost didn't know what it was. Just got a new socket to put in the yard light, but it will have to wait. Old one is all corroded and in sad shape. I think, other than the power has blinked off twice, that I'll put on some musice and take a nap (wife's orders).

• Like 4

• Moderators

Back home, had fun at the museum and plant but glad to be home. The museum didn't look the same after we all left, :blink2: but there was good reasons, many changes happening all for the good.

One of the good things, pallets of new Heresy's going out. :emotion-21:

The mess we left :ohmy:

first_forty-153.JPG

first_forty-154.JPG

• Like 10

I made contact through FB with the wife of a friend who passed away in March.  I told her that her late husband and I hung out together during college days and shared music/equipment as a hobby.  She replied that he still pursued that hobby and was constantly upgrading his gear.  She further revealed that she had just sold his 5000+LPs to a gentleman and will sell his equipment "cheap" if someone will come pack it up and take it away. I asked her to take pictures and forward them to me when she gets a chance.  The names she could recall included Conrad Johnson mono amps and preamp, and Martin Logan Arias speakers.  She said he had a turntable and a phono preamp, racks, patch cords, and original boxes.  Knowing Dwayne he most likely had some top notch gear.

I don't need more gear.  That said I would like to have at least some of it for sentimental reasons.  So if the price is right I may be taking a 14 hour road trip before spring when she will put the house up for sale.

• Like 10