Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks Steve and yes, it was, Amy.

Looks like she'll be here at least till Tuesday.   I'll need to go home today, get some more clothes and take care of some house chores.  I may take a nap too as the fold out thing we slept on wasn't really made for the Hilton.  We also had visitors every hour.

• Like 4

Morning all..... another Friday is here....

Damp wet and chilly this morning...... Might check out the shop heaters today.... not that it's cold enough for the heaters but just to make sure they still work OK.... 

Carl your family will be in my thoughts today... again my prayers sent to you all...

Wishing all a great day...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Good Friday Morning gang

Carl, the best to you and your's.

On-line bill pay and Loading for the Donut/Deli/Farm run.

Weather coming in Sat/Sun, First drizzle in months.

Looks like our fire bugs will need to take a break.

Afternoon will be assy of the Rv A/C unit, all parts are in.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Preparing the old standard chuck roast (no relation to Chuck in Colarado).

Well thank god for that! Klipsch could very well have a problem with cannibalism on the Forum. Bad for business, to say nothing of my health.

We went to our favorite local (and locally owned) coffee shop yesterday and it was FREE. What a deal, huh? It's called the Village Roaster and we like it much better than Starbucks and the other offerings around town.

Happy Friday ya'll.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I may take a nap too as the fold out thing we slept on wasn't really made for the Hilton.  We also had visitors every hour.

That's pretty normal, it's probably the hardest place to try and rest, same for the patient. Hopefully there is a fast turnaround/recovery and they let her go quicker, that way she can rest also.  

• Like 4

Happy Friday All!  Frosty here again this morning!  Coffee is even better when it's cold out.

Carl, I can't imagine watching my child's spinal fluid drain into a container.  This must be exhausting and surreal, praying daily!  She sounds like a strong human!  I love her response on the a.d.'s! 

• Like 6

• Moderators

Be back in a few days, heading 3 hours Southwest this time to be with friends.

It's getting to the point that being home is something different, :wacko: but it's really hard to not be with friends, we are very lucky to have good friends. 

Will be thinking about the CECAA family, but if Amy is anything like Carl she will bounce back quickly. 

Edit; just found out an hour ago.........someone said party, :emotion-19: and with such nice weather we should all head at Kevin's house, that's all it took, were all easy. :D:emotion-29::emotion-19::emotion-46: 

• Like 6

^nice

Hi Guys and Gals  Saturday(yea), chore day (boo). Second cup of Jose's organic Mayan blend almost gone. Supposed to be getting 50 cu yds of mulch delivered to start spreading around. Guy is a no show so far.

Prayers for Amy, hope all is going as well as can be expected Carl.

Heck with that, hope its going BETTER than expected.

• Like 3

Morning gang...

That's a really great view Mike. How far are you from the beach?...... The BOSS and I are also waiting for a report from Carl.... His family has been in our thoughts.... Ya know before joining this Klipsch forum a little over two years ago I was never really a "forum" person.... and in those two years I found my self really caring about people that I've never met....... Don't know what I'm really jabbering about other than this place has become a part of Me and The BOSS's daily conversation... It's just cool.....

OK...... enough of the mush mush..... Coffee was switch this morning..... The BOSS got up before me and made the coffee.... She made DD this morning. We have not had DD since she got me all the different blends for my birthday this summer. Was good :emotion-44::emotion-44:

Raining again this morning.... should be clearing up this afternoon.... 

The BOSS and I have to go the a viewing service today... One of my customer past away last week... well this guy was more than just some customer...... Some 16 years ago I was selling an old Civic... so this guy (Mike) and his brother (Bob) came out from Baltimore city to look at the car... Mike ended up buying the Civic..... So that's how we met those two... Over the next several months Mike and Bob kept coming out to my shop all the was from Baltimore for me to work on there cars... One day I asked them "why do you guy drive all the from the city for me to work on your cars?" They both said to me "Mark we have never met a mechanic like you...... you don't rip people off ".....  These guys really had little money so I helped them as much as I could.....So over the years we all became good friends... To describe these two brother as "unique" is a understatement..... They were out there... in a good way...  Now Mike could look after himself he was no pushover..... but his brother Bob was very very shy... he couldn't look at you in the eyes when talking..... you could tell that people could take advantage of him easily....One time Bob had to leave his car at the shop.... so he had to rent a car, he was no nervous that my wife had to with him to help get the car.... 

Those guys came out to our house a few times over the years..... and we went to see Judas Priest with those guys when Rob Halford came back to Priest..... Bob was a real headbanger.... he loved Priest.... After the show we all went out to eat at a well known dinner.... Just about at the end of our meal Bob found a hair in his food.... it wasn't his cuz it was curly:wacko:.... Oh my god... the look on Bobs face was priceless.... I'll never forget it... He looks at me and says.. "Mark I think I'm gonna be sick".... It wasn't funny but we all couldn't help busting out laughing..... Well Mike quickly took up for his brother...... man it was on..... It got ugly quick...... Lucky to have gotton out if that dinner alive....

Well our friend Bob past away last week.... The last time we saw Bob he didn't look healthy....  So today The BOSS and I will be there for Mike... Mike has had it tough for the last few years, he lost his son two years ago... now he has to deal with the loss of his brother... Man I tell ya life kicks us in the teeth sometimes....

On a brighter note..... The BOSS and I have been married 23 years today :emotion-19::emotion-25::emotion-19: ....... been together 27 years.... man time goes by so so quick....

Gotta roll... wishing all a great day....

MKP :-)

• Like 10

Great photos Gents.

Congrats MKP and Mrs. MKP.  Quite a milestone.  The 27th would have been my 30th anniversary:(

Looking at 2 seaters still.  Considering a Lexus SC430.....their little V8 convertible with retractable hard top.  Stopped making them in 2010.  Know anything about them guys?  The one I'm looking at has 58,000 miles and has already had the 60,000 mile warranty work plus a new power top motor.

Keeping my eye on hurricane Mathew.  Potential to kick some butt:o

• Like 5

Just read about Carl's beautiful daughter. The very best to her and family. My heart feels for her. Faith in her recovery here.

Happy for you and the Boss MKP!

Have you driven it Tarheel? Every bachelor should know how to cook or read directions on can and microwave....

Mother always used coffee grounds for plants and garden. Tealeaves work too as a semi-natural mulch/ bug repel.

Catch you all later this PM!

Oh congrats AKDave on the weather. I like it cold but, yea...Alaska

• Like 3

Happy anniversary to MKP and the boss.  You guys seem great for each other. 

It's been pretty crazy.  My wife stayed at the hospital while I drove back to Beaumont to take care of the house and dog.  It's almost 2 hours one way.   I got laundry lawn pool and house chores done and drove back today.  I saw my wife in the parking lot as I tagged in and she tagged out.  She's on her way back home as I type.  Amy is doing well under the circumstances.   They only gave her Tylenol when the repacked her abdominal wound which didn't cut it.  It's morphine next time.  She also had a reaction to one of the antibiotics they gave her so now they give her benadryl with each dose.  She also now has a device I hadn't seen before.  It's a vacuum pump that's put over her wound to help it heal from the inside out.  Looks like they're not considering reinstalling her shunt till at least next Tuesday.  She can't leave leave till that happens so well be here a little while longer.

Thanks to all for well wishes and prayers.  They really help.  Thanks for letting me ramble as well.  That seems to help me for some reason also.

• Like 2