Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Surgery scheduled for tomorrow at 8 am.  Pictured are wife daughter and Geoffrey. 

20160929_175711.jpg

dang Carl--my heart breaks seeing sick children.  wish i knew something poignant to say. best i can do is pray for her and you & the Mrs.  Blessings my friend.

• Like 6

I'd check what general maintainence costs will be. I know dealer maintainence on 911's are crazy high. Possibly find good service  at a private Porsche garage, much like MKP who specializes in Hondas. On the other hand if one can afford a Porsche maintainence costs may not be an issue. 

That is one damn good looking machine. 

• Like 5

Yes I know maintenance will be high and no I'm not rich.  The Cayman has 30,000 miles on it and will be a weekend drive, garage kept, and should last a good while without much maintenance.  I'm 67 and have had a lot of family and friends who didn't make it to my age so if I want to have a toy to enjoy for a bit then why not.  LF wants me to have it as well so I guess that's it:)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Surgery scheduled for tomorrow at 8 am.  Pictured are wife daughter and Geoffrey. 

20160929_175711.jpg

Thoughts are with you guys Carl! Question; that's not some sort of white Bose speaker grills showing at the top is it?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

LF wants me to have it as well so I guess that's it

DONE! Sigh, I will continue on with my 14 year old pick'em up truck where my thrill is to have some new shocks on back order.

• Like 4

^^^^^

I can relate and hear you 'Heel. I'm just a few years younger, retired and decided whether I needed it or not ( of course I didn't Need it) wanted and bought a car with just shy of 500hp. Some expert tuning put it over 500 and yeah, it's fun as shitt. 

Good on you, go get it!! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

While we are traveling down the auto speak, thoughts on the 2017 Ford Torino GT? I'll take the original.

Just a quick read and I see it does 0-60 in a little less than 6 seconds and price starts at $53,000.  Not good...not bad.  I must admit I have a problem with one of the activist groups that Ford sponsors in a big way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Rich all my friends want me to get an American V8 like a Mustang or Camaro and I have looked at them.  I just love the lines on Porsches:huh:

New or vintage? Taste b taste, mine is a '69 Camaro built new with today's drive train and suspension (original handling suxd) and I will say that I have never had the pleasure of wheeling any of the overseas cars with the only exception being an RX-7 (13B???) in the late '80s on a road trip from CA -TX-CA . I would suspect that the drive is really, really nice but the sound man, the SOUND! Rented a newer Camaro once, couldn't see out of that darn thing blind spots everywhere.

• Like 5