Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Glad to hear this Carl.... You and the Mrs. keep doing what your doing.... Hopefully all of you will be home soon:D

MKP :-)

What he said.  :blush2:

• Like 4

Good evening all...

My audio bud came over tonight and we got the JBL's pumping.... Was unable to hook the Crown up... So we used a Carver PM 1.5 for the horns and a Carver TFM-42 for the bass bins... 

All I can  say..... WoW...... and my bud Ryan told me once I get a better x-over and get the Crown hooked up it's gonna sound even better....

The four 15" woofers in the bass bins quickly ate up the power that Carver TFM-42 was feeding them...... We didn't exhaust the head room of the amp, but it was close........ was barley pushing 2/3 watts into the horns...

Fun stuff.... Will be ordering a DBX x-over next week... and my man said he'll be back over when it comes in to hook me up.... He owns a Subaru so I'll be taking care of him;)

A good weekend to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Morning folks.  Starting to rock and roll this morning.....wind, rain, and things bouncing off the roof.  LF called and woke me saying we have tornado warnings.

Washed the Jakester yesterday so he could be in for the duration and not smell the place up.  Just gave him his heartworm pill, glucosamine for his hips, and a baby aspirin for pain.  Plus he started a diet two days ago....got to get some weight off so he can get up easier.

Switched gears on the Porsche since the sales manager wouldn't budge even a dollar.  Looking hard at Honda S2000 something a little cheaper to repair and find techs.  Looking at three or four on line that are candidates.  Thinking silver/black/6 speed.  Any of you gents have experience with them?

Carl....glad things are looking up for you and the family.  Hang in there

Will check in a little later if we have power.  Expecting 8-15 inches of rain and flash flooding......now where is my surf mat?

• Like 5

My brother recently bought a silver 6-speed Honda S2000.  He loves it.  I've driven it several times.  What's not to like; handles like a go-kart.  

I'd always wondered about the high revving capability and the availability of low speed torque.  It is easy to drive, whether going fast or slow.  He uses it primarily as a track-day car so it has extra sticky Dunlop tires and racing brakes.  When the brakes are cold they squeal like a locomotive at low speed stops in traffic.  People turn to look for the source of the noise.

Would you consider a Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice?  There are pros and cons regarding such orphan cars, but you might find a good deal.  Service and parts would not be a problem.  All that said, I'd go for a Honda S2000 or some incarnation of Porsche.

• Like 4

Neil though I love the looks of the Porsche I had a nagging feeling that service and cost would be a pita.  I actually could feel some relief when I switched gears to the Honda S2000.  240hp and not very heavy, revs over 8000, and great handling.  I'm finicky though and want one without dings or scratches, no mods, silver/black. and one or two owners.  Currently negotiating with a doctor in SC about his.  He needs to make room in the garage for a new teen driver:wacko:

• Like 3

Yeah I'm wanting one bad....but the best one I can find for the money.  Hell I've found one with 2300 mile....a 2009 but the darn thing is deep yellow:mellow: 

Walked Jake but things started falling out of the trees so we cut it short.  3500 without power already and we're just getting started.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Morning folks.  Starting to rock and roll this morning.....wind, rain, and things bouncing off the roof.  LF called and woke me saying we have tornado warnings.

Washed the Jakester yesterday so he could be in for the duration and not smell the place up.  Just gave him his heartworm pill, glucosamine for his hips, and a baby aspirin for pain.  Plus he started a diet two days ago....got to get some weight off so he can get up easier.

Switched gears on the Porsche since the sales manager wouldn't budge even a dollar.  Looking hard at Honda S2000 something a little cheaper to repair and find techs.  Looking at three or four on line that are candidates.  Thinking silver/black/6 speed.  Any of you gents have experience with them?

Carl....glad things are looking up for you and the family.  Hang in there

Will check in a little later if we have power.  Expecting 8-15 inches of rain and flash flooding......now where is my surf mat?

Morning Gang

La Quinta inn here in "Fontana" and the Air smells, I forgot what Smog smells like.....

Been thinking about Tarheel, Watching the weather channel.:emotion-21:

Looks like you are surviving chuck.

Mission completed on my Ebay P/U deal, I bought a Media Van, you know, the kind that has the Big Pole that comes out of the roof w/air.

Weather @90+ here again today.

Im hitting the coffee in the lobby then stop by the job heading toward the Desert north bound.

Road time, everyone have a "dry" weekend.   

• Like 4

You have a generator Chuck?

Just got word Amy should be discharged Monday!  Don't have a plan yet for wound care yet but this is a step in the right direction.  Monday will be 12 days here but it seems much longer as her first surgery here for this issue was almost a month ago.

• Like 5

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You have a generator Chuck?

Just got word Amy should be discharged Monday!  Don't have a plan yet for wound care yet but this is a step in the right direction.  Monday will be 12 days here but it seems much longer as her first surgery here for this issue was almost a month ago.

Great news, that's enough to make the patient feel better all by itself. 

• Like 1

No generator Carl.

Thanks for that link Brian....good to read and a thought out comparison from someone who has owned both plus the BRZ.

Called my yard guy to get on his list for cleanup.  Will get worse around dark.  Neighbors have all left so I am also security for looting:o  Decisions the Remington tactical 12 gauge or the 30 round AR-15.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Switched gears on the Porsche since the sales manager wouldn't budge even a dollar.  Looking hard at Honda S2000 something a little cheaper to repair and find techs.  Looking at three or four on line that are candidates.  Thinking silver/black/6 speed.

Probably a smart thing when it comes to repairs and even general maintenance , take your time and look around at similar models.

Just for fun why not a test drive in a new Hcat, it would be fun.

Be careful out there, at the very least plenty of rain.

• Like 1

Carl, that's good news. I do believe - all else being equal - that many people recover best at home. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Chuck ... you and Jake hunker down and stay safe.

As for me, I get to pick up 8K lbs. of crab apples from 2 trees in the front yard today. Pretty blossoming trees in the spring and a nightmare in the fall. Gonna get rid of em someday. Perhaps something involving explosives would help.

Happy Saturday folks and cheers.

• Like 2