Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

No generator Carl.

Thanks for that link Brian....good to read and a thought out comparison from someone who has owned both plus the BRZ.

Called my yard guy to get on his list for cleanup.  Will get worse around dark.  Neighbors have all left so I am also security for looting:o  Decisions the Remington tactical 12 gauge or the 30 round AR-15.

^^^^^ / Decisions = Both

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

No generator Carl.

Thanks for that link Brian....good to read and a thought out comparison from someone who has owned both plus the BRZ.

Called my yard guy to get on his list for cleanup.  Will get worse around dark.  Neighbors have all left so I am also security for looting:o  Decisions the Remington tactical 12 gauge or the 30 round AR-15.

Looters looting because of an opportunity, rather than necessity need to be shot. 

• Like 1

Again just catching up here on the west side of the landmass. Carl, all great news on Amy's progress. Prayers will continue even so. Tarheel and you other east coasters be safe. You too Jake.

Well time to get to breakfast then chores.

• Like 1

Morning gang...

Just starting the coffee thing.....The BOSS walking over to me with a fresh brewed coffee in hand as I type;) 

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Expecting 8-15 inches of rain and flash flooding.....

You and Jake stay safe..... the last I heard, Matthew will not reach us up hear in Md.... It'll hit the coast and go out to sea....

Not a whole lot going on today..... Just hanging around the house... My old shop helper just called... he wants to use the shop and change his oil in his Toyota.... he also wants to come over the house and check out my JBL's... The BOSS sent him a pic of them last night.... so when he called a few minutes ago he was asking about the JBL's...

Chuck... speaking of my old shop helper he had a S2000 for a couple years... he did a lot of work to it... that thing was quite fast.... If I remember he was dipping down into the 11's in the 1/4 mile.... He was spraying it with a 100 shot of N2O and had full exhaust system on it... I can't remember if he upgraded the cams in it??

Anyway.... The S2000 is a nice little sporty car.... I've driven quite a few but haven't done a lot of work on them... Can't remember off the top of my head @ what rpm the v-tec kicks in at... but when it does it's a nice kick in the pants... You can just feel that engine starting to breath... The v-tec system that Honda uses is a really cool set-up... It changes the lift of the cams at the set rpm....Honda first used it in the Acura NSX.... and today just about all manufactures use some type of variable valve timing control.... not only does it change the cam lift but also controls valve timing.... really cool stuff.... even on my Honda Pilot when the v-tec kicks in @ 5200 rpm  you can feel and hear the engine open up...

I think the 2nd gen's had some performance upgrades.... Like I said I'm not the "knower of all" when it comes to the S2000... but the drive train is a proven platform....

Hey I'm gonna throw this out there.... Don't know what kinda coin your looking to spend... but if I wanted a "true" spots car I might be looking at the Acura NSX 1st gen.... Again, I'm not the expert when it comes to those but they look awesome.... and I'll fess-up I've never driven one or worked on one..... but I know when that car fist came out in 1990 it was giving all the super car manufactures a run for there money....

Hey man there's a lot of cool cars on the market..... have fun finding the car you want;)

57 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Just got word Amy should be discharged Monday!

Great news Carl..... get your girl home my man..... continued prays coming your way.....

OK... coffee all done.... The BOSS wants to put a movie on..... I guess I'm watching a movie:blink:

Later all...

MKP :-)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Vteck feels like it kicks in at 4k in the ones I've driven.

The last motor swap I did was putting a B18c engine in a 91 CRX. We put Type R cams in it and a header on it... let me tell ya when v-tec kicked in it was nuts... that was one of the fastest Honda I have ever driven.. such a light car with that engine...

One year I built a old school CRX for The BOSS... a 1st gen CRX-87... I put a 1.8 non v-tec Acura engine in it and that thing was crazy quick... the 1st gen CRX's are lighter than the 2nd gen's... That car was a sleeper... painted it flat black with Acura GSR wheels.... the young kids would pull up to us at red lights in there Civic's and wanted to play... at the next red light they would catch up to us and say "what the he11 is in that thing?" lol lol... Fun times...

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Anyone here live in Bridgewater, NJ that can run by the Acura dealer and look at a 2008 S 2000 Honda.  I want someone do go over the body with a magnifying glass and tell me the scoop about dings, dents, scratches.  They want too much but may dicker....

In return I will send you a case of OT's hot sauce and a slightly used toaster.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

He's in bucket list territory at this point.

^Ah... ur past "mid-life" ain't you?:P

OK now definitely on to chores....later

Two funny answers, you both had me laughing. 

Can't seem to get the multi quote thing to work today, could be worse I could be planning to live to 140. :o I hope you do Tarheel, but knowing you, there is a good chance you would be looking for a new younger LF. :D

• Like 1

Another masterpiece!  Now if I had one of Carl's (no relation to the late Karl the water bug that I know of)  slushies I'd be in business.

Tried to post a picture but get notification "You are only allowed 102.4 KB"  what up with that.  The picture was less than 2.0.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I have no idea about the picture thing, I can't get rid of this quote box everytime I try to post. 

BUT on to something totally different........only in Arkansas , they throw a live turkey out of a plane and have a festival out of it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2016/10/08/the-barbaric-tradition-of-throwing-live-turkeys-from-planes-in-arkansas-continues-today/

imrs.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It was explained somewhere that you run into a limit after you have posted a certain amount of pictures.  Going to where these are in settings allows you to delete to make more space.  IIRC.

Yep. Just click on you user name in the upper RH of the page > click Attachments > shows all the attachments you have placed. 

• Like 1