Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Looks like Amazon and/or UPS has some delivery status issues. I ordered 4 shocks for the trusty SS and the last update was for 3 (?) to be delivered next Tues and 1 to be delivered next Thursday and all are being prepped for shipment. The rears were delivered yesterday. I put them (rear pair) on to replace 153,000 mile 14 year old units and the truck sits ~2 inches higher. Way different view from the driver's seat. It'll be a treat to see what the front does. Ride memory is like sound memory; whoa, this is way different.

Shocks.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

So the springs are still good?  or does it have springs?

yes, rear leaf springs (torsion front) and i would need to find original dimensions, it's factory lowered. Old shocks still had push/pull resistance just thought it was time. I found the rear bump stops to be missing which is not unusual per the www but since I don't haul or tow, no big deal. Appears that Chevy didn't change the bump stop height on the SS and the factory lowering had them making contact when they shouldn't have.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yes as Steve said that method is painfully slow.  I had to delete about 12 attachments to post that picture of OT's dream car.

There's an option to sort by size, which shows the largest files first.

Side note: I just looked through my attachments, and almost half of them show as being uploaded December 31st, 1969?!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

There's an option to sort by size, which shows the largest files first.

Side note: I just looked through my attachments, and almost half of them show as being uploaded December 31st, 1969?!

I think that glitch happened update before last.  Thst update double and triple posted some of the older pictures for some reason also.

• Like 1

It's flooding....dams breaking....will the levees hold?  Wait we don't have levees.  Raining cats and dogs.  Drove over to check on LF's and the sandbags are keeping the garage dry.....so far.  Saw a swan on the side of the road thinking about his options I guess. 

Yep someone needs to work on the picture issue......you guys wouldn't want to miss one of my chuck roast or one of Carl's slushies. 

• Like 5