Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Survived the storm and Jake is well.  LF is without power and on a generator.  Went over and checked absent neighbor's houses and cleared the road of one large limb.  Called LF and advised that her place is okay and the power is on.

Seven fatalities across the state:( 

I have a yard full of debris that I will take my time cleaning up with my yard guy and compared to some folks and looking at my small problem it would seem I won the lottery.

My late wife's hometown (Windsor, NC) is under water again:(  The peanut crops are destroyed.  She would be so upset if she was here.  She passed away 6 years ago today:(

Now to wait on the tidal surge and river cresting. 

But for now the sun is out.....and remembering the advice of Randy Newman "you've got to roll with the punches little white boy" I'll do just that.

My thoughts are with the folks in the great states of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.  Hang in there!

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Tarheel said:

It's flooding....dams breaking....will the levees hold?  Wait we don't have levees.  Raining cats and dogs.  Drove over to check on LF's and the sandbags are keeping the garage dry.....so far.  Saw a swan on the side of the road thinking about his options I guess. 

Yep someone needs to work on the picture issue......you guys wouldn't want to miss one of my chuck roast or one of Carl's slushies. 

• Like 1

Yes we're bored here.  My daughter and I just watched a match of the 2016 Kabaddi world cup.  I've never seen or even heard of that sport before.   It was bizarre.   I was looking to see what was being broadcast on the ESPN app and stumbled across it.  We had to Google the rules just to figure out what was happening.  The US got beat by Japan in one of the oddest sporting events I've ever seen.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Survived the storm and Jake is well.  LF is without power and on a generator.  Went over and checked absent neighbor's houses and cleared the road of one large limb.  Called LF and advised that her place is okay and the power is on.

Seven fatalities across the state:( 

I have a yard full of debris that I will take my time cleaning up with my yard guy and compared to some folks and looking at my small problem it would seem I won the lottery.

My late wife's hometown (Windsor, NC) is under water again:(  The peanut crops are destroyed.  She would be so upset if she was here.  She passed away 6 years ago today:(

Now to wait on the tidal surge and river cresting. 

But for now the sun is out.....and remembering the advice of Randy Newman "you've got to roll with the punches little white boy" I'll do just that.

My thoughts are with the folks in the great states of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.  Hang in there!

Glad your Ok, and I would think your late wife would be more worried about that than her hometown. No rush, cleanup will be going on for a good while, just glad you didn't have any serous damage.  The storm sure stuck close to the shore way longer than they predicted, the good news for most of it track on the East coast it stayed a little offshore, it could have been much worse all the way down through Florida. 

Groomlake (Marshall) called this morning to say they did fine also.

• Like 5

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've never seen or even heard of that sport before.   It was bizarre.

Kind of looks a little like the north end of Bourbon street for mardi gras, just rougher .  :o:lol:

• Like 4

On 10/8/2016 at 7:26 AM, CECAA850 said:

Media van.  I can only imagine.  Mark you crack me up.

Yep, hobby ideas never cease.

Bought the Van for $2k, stripped out the mast assy and support equip, and sold the van for $2k.

La Qunita and food/fuel, five hundred for the trip.

Nice deal considering the mast go for up to $3k by themselfs.

Cleaned up the new goodies and stashed for winter time project.

• Like 7

Morning all..

Coffee all done... don't really feel like coffee this morning.... I'm kinda jumpy already..... cuz...

I get to go to the Doctor this morning:blink:..... Haven't been in a few years.... really looking forward to this....NOT....

I turned 53 over the summer, so I'm sure he'll schedule the "other" exam in the next few weeks.... really looking forward for that also....NOT...

Gotta roll..... a good week to all....

MKP :-)

• Like 4