Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I turned 53 over the summer, so I'm sure he'll schedule the "other" exam in the next few weeks.... really looking forward for that also....NOT...

I had my first colonoscopy 5 years ago at age 55.  It saved my life as I had colon cancer, I was 100% cured by surgery.

I had my second one a month ago.  The prep the day before is troublesome because you take some medicine that makes you have to stay near a bathroom when you need it, which is often.  But the procedure itself is quick and easy and it is done on an outpatient basis.  It doesn't hurt and it's not uncomfortable.  You wake up quick from the light anesthesia and you still have your day.

Highly recommended for us men over 50.  -Dave

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Morning all..

Coffee all done... don't really feel like coffee this morning.... I'm kinda jumpy already..... cuz...

I get to go to the Doctor this morning:blink:..... Haven't been in a few years.... really looking forward to this....NOT....

I turned 53 over the summer, so I'm sure he'll schedule the "other" exam in the next few weeks.... really looking forward for that also....NOT...

Gotta roll..... a good week to all....

MKP :-)

I hope you found a Dr  with small hands.

• Like 5

Mornin' folks. Just getting caught up from yesterday.

Chuck ...happy to hear that you, LF and Jake got through the storm.

Carl ... does Amy get to go home today or at least soon?

MKP .. that exam is a very good idea and saves lives. You just have to be prepared to be the butt of some bad jokes.:D

Cheers guys.

• Like 6

Good Monday Morn Gang

Coffee be-a-flowin :emotion-44:

Lite day, many projects.

Had a bud call me up the weekend wile i was traveling, wanting me to "Check Over" his new electrical run for his garage.

Got a feeling old Jerry did some corner cutting again.

Farmers HP Van performance parts came in, strange farmer(s)

74 Vandura, and he has me ordering HP parts :huh2:

New GPS Entertainment system for the dodge is sitting here on the bench, suppose i should take a look at the project.

I already know it will NOT fit.....Sooo, engineering time, this is the one they stick in Range Rovers and a few other hi end

makes.

Have a good week workers :emotion-21:

• Like 6

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Absolutely.  She's only been there 11 days but it seems like an eternity.

I'll bet it does, how is she doing, does she seem to be feeling better.  Well except for what she has to go through today, that would make one a little nervous.  

Good luck

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I hope you found a Dr  with small hands.

I think MKP's talking about when they put something substantially larger than the Doc"s finger you know where.

And MKP, no worries it really is no big deal. The prep is worse than the procedure.

Waiting to hear Amy's going home today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babadono said:

Waiting to hear Amy's going home today.

You and me both.  The neurosurgeon has signed off on her release BUT the logistics of the wound vac machine is throwing a monkey wrench in the works.  We can't go home with the one she has and local home health is 2 hours away from the hospital.  We can't go home without one either.  I told my wife if they found a machine  where we lived, I'd get it and drive it back to the hospital.  As of right now, she still hasn't had her scheduled dressing change today.  They're not moving near fast enough for me.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

I think MKP's talking about when they put something substantially larger than the Doc"s finger you know where.

And MKP, no worries it really is no big deal. The prep is worse than the procedure.

Reading all of this just does not seem right after looking at the van Mark bought. :blink: 

57fb1e1f49958_van1.thumb.jpg.df458a3bf208c14a9650f030d284e123.jpg

• Like 7

Ugh, insurance.  There's no logic there.  The machine she's on belongs to the hospital and we can't bring it home.  OK fine.  Insurance will pay to rent one.  They won't give it to us today as they've already been charged a days rental from the hospital and they'd be paying for 2 machines on the same calendar day.  The Einstein making this decision must think it's cheaper for them to rent a machine for a day than it is to pay for another night in the hospital.  We're beside ourselves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The Einstein making this decision must think it's cheaper for them to rent a machine for a day than it is to pay for another night in the hospital.  We're beside ourselves.

Roger that. Spend a thousand to save a hundred. Makes no sense. Or as I like to say: "That makes sense----nonsense".

Meanwhile our prayers are with you, God Bless.

• Like 5

On 10/10/2016 at 1:47 PM, dtel said:

Reading all of this just does not seem right after looking at the van Mark bought. :blink: 

57fb1e1f49958_van1.thumb.jpg.df458a3bf208c14a9650f030d284e123.jpg

This deal only poped up because i still have a few friends in LA.

This van was a boat anchor, my indian bud bought it an auction two years ago, he did not want to pay someone to strip it and plug all the holes, so it sat in storage.

I got wind he posted it on the Bay, no luck, he could not sell a van with 33K original miles.

I told him id go $2k, he went for it.

So i rip down to LA, strip the van in 6hrs, post van on the local CL, (for $2K).

Friday morning i got a roof vent for an RV, and plugged the hole in the roof.

Van with 33K sold in an hour.

Weird deals just do not happen that often

• Like 7

• Moderators
3 hours ago, minermark said:

This deal only poped up because i still have a few friends in LA.

This van was a boat anchor, my indian bud bought it an auction two years ago, he did not want to pay someone to strip it and plug all the holes, so it sat in storage.

I got wind he posted it on the Bay, no luck, he could not sell a van with 33K original miles.

I told him id go $2k, he went for it.

So i rip down to LA, strip the van in 6hrs, post van on the local CL, (for $2K).

Friday morning i got a roof vent for an RV, and plugged the hole in the roof.

Van with 33K sold in an hour.

Weird deals just do not happen that often

Plug the holes, add something to the back with some carpet, roughly paint flowers and psychedelic designs to the outside and probably get $5K if it were just a old Volkswagen probably much more. 

• Like 5