Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Don't be upset BSM it's what is inside most things at Del Taco

there is no cow in a bean & cheese burrito, fries, and a root beer.

You know that cow just wants to grow up and have the opportunity to go to cow college.

I’ll bet Gary (Tigerman) is the only one that will agree with me (about the letting the cow live thing instead of eating it).

But, I do hope you enjoy your dinner out Mark -- sounds like you work hard at the shop!

• Like 6

On 10/11/2016 at 5:16 PM, BigStewMan said:

there is no cow in a bean & cheese burrito, fries, and a root beer.

You know that cow just wants to grow up and have the opportunity to go to cow college.

I’ll bet Gary (Tigerman) is the only one that will agree with me (about the letting the cow live thing instead of eating it).

But, I do hope you enjoy your dinner out Mark -- sounds like you work hard at the shop!

Taking another break, Bison Taco's are on my plate.

We have not purchased beef in 20+ years, Bison @$10 bucks a pound avarage.

Only time we eat Beef is going out, and in fact just had a Bacon-Blu-Cheese Burger yesterday.

• Like 5

Morning all.  Spent all day yesterday traveling and getting things organized at home.  Home health had to be lined out, prescriptions dropped off and picked up, bank trips (had been putting that off) and situating daughter at home.  Finally got back into our normal routine at the house and was on time for leaving for work this morning and my daughter came to the kitchen with the alarm going off on her machine.  It showed a blockage.  We called home health and of course she couldn't come till mid day.  She also said she had been doing this a long time and had never seen a blockage.  It's always something with the pump.  If the wound goes without vacuum for more than 2 hours you have to pull everything off, pack it with wet dressing and cover that with dry dressing.  My daughter didn't have any pain meds in her system so that wasn't the ideal situation.  I got to looking at everything and it's really a simple device.  Vacuum problems in dash boards for AC are pretty simple to diagnose so this shouldn't be too bad.  I eventually found that the cup on her abdomen was stopped up with "something".  I took a razor and cut around the cup, cleaned it out with tweezers and a small rod and put everything back together.  She's back up and running.  Hopefully it will last till she has her dressing change later.  It's always something.  We're REALLY glad to have her back home.

• Like 10

Morning gang...

Working on first cup:emotion-44:...... got the cable guy here at the house this morning..... we've had no cable for the past three days:angry:...

No school today, so I didn't have to pick up my grandson this morning.....

Yea dtel, the shop is in a nice country town... right across the street from the shop is another cow farmer.... in spring time we can hear the baby cows moooing.... Lots of corn and hay fields on the way to the shop.... you'll see big combines and huge tractors with field sprayer driving on the roads around town... you'll see people get all pissed off cuz there being held up...lol lol I look at em and think, ya should have stayed in the city.....

The shop is a "old" shop.. there was an old in ground lift in it when I first got there...it had a installation tag on it that said It was installed in 1963:wacko:.... I didn't use that thing. It was dangerous.

Quick shop story... The shop came with some baggage.... there was this old guy that lived down the street, you could see his house from the shop.... Meet Mr. Kelly... Mr. Kelly was a taxidermist, everyone that grew up around town new Mr Kelly. There was a story that years ago some young punk was giving Mr Kelly a hard time one day... Mr.Kelly knocked him out... My land lord told me that story.... One afternoon Mr. Kelly bought my wife a pie to the shop... there was one piece missing:blink:.... he told my wife " well I had to try it!!"

My first introduction to Mr Kelly..... My first week in the shop I'm in one of the bays working.... I hear this "hey young fella" I turn around to see this old old man... dirty old work pants and shirt unbuttoned... there was a battle ship tattooed on his chest (he was x-Navy served in wwII in the Pacific) so he's looking around the shop as if, who's in this shop now.... He asked me "so what do you do here young fella?" I said "well sir I fix cars... Japanese cars.... he almost jumped when I said Japanese cars.... he says quite loud.... "Japanese cars, I used to kill those little basters during the war".. I was thinking OMG who the hell is this old coot... Then he says..... " well I guess I shouldn't say that... I guess there OK now"

I got to know the guy that runs the local junk yard(Tommy) Tommy's a good guy, he had my shop long before I got there. he told me don't let old man Kelly run a tab more than 100 bucks. So my wife kept old man Kelly in check... and that's how everyone referred to him "old man Kelly"

So over the years I worked on his old Lincoln his old Cub Cadet tractor and just about anything that was broke around his house.... There were many times I said Mr Kelly I can't fix that.... I could hear him start his tractor at his house.... I would yell to the wife "Kelly will be here soon"

One afternoon he brings me a broken "hoe".... yea a gardening hoe... The end was broken off... he asks me to fix it for him... I said Mr Kelly "just buy a new one, I'm gonna charge ya more to fix it than a new one costs" He says " boy you don't understand, this is my wife's hoe and she's had more than 50 years... this is the one she likes and you can't buy them like this any more". I said "OK just leave with me"... Not only was the end broken off but the end was worn way down from all the use over the years. I do quite a bit of welding in the shop, so I had some 1/8" flat stock around the shop. I cut a piece off and welded it to the hook piece that was still on the handle. I sanded the handle down and painted the metal parts... it looked good, I might have spend 15 minutes on it... later in the week old man Kelly comes buy the shop.. I handed him the restored hoe, he was inspecting close... looking it over really good.... he finally says "god damn boy you do good work..... how much do I owe ya"?  I said how about 10 bucks...... old man Kelly says how bout $5.... all I could do was laugh... that was just the way he was...

My wife had to send him back home one summer afternoon, he came up to the shop with just a shirt and underwear on... his "junk" was coming out:o..... Yup, Old man Kelly... He's not with use any longer... I think he still owes me 50 bucks... lol lol

Carl, glad you back home and got the pump working.... yea man it's always something....

A good day to all

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Good Hump Day Morning Gang

Playing with elect/over/air solinoid(s), base plate of "The" mast was potted in 60Lb of cement couple days ago.

Will run some wood work bracing on the upper base, when i power this critter up, i dont want it swaying.

Even as of today, i do not know if this thing functions.

Rain coming in Thur night, Drama queen media pumping it for all it's worth.

I like Tarheels new car, good make/color/choice.

CC should be able to rest a tad easier, i cannot fathom that kind of stress.

Coffee ready, tools in standby.........

• Like 8

Happy Wednesday all. Rainy, chilly day in Denver metro. Planning on a music jam later today then out to dinner for granddaughter's 3d birthday.

Carl ..congrats on getting that kid home and having the fortitude to fix that device for her. Doubt that I would have had the ability to fix it.

Will try to check back. Cheers folks.

• Like 7