Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Morning all.  Spent all day yesterday traveling and getting things organized at home.  Home health had to be lined out, prescriptions dropped off and picked up, bank trips (had been putting that off) and situating daughter at home.  Finally got back into our normal routine at the house and was on time for leaving for work this morning and my daughter came to the kitchen with the alarm going off on her machine.  It showed a blockage.  We called home health and of course she couldn't come till mid day.  She also said she had been doing this a long time and had never seen a blockage.  It's always something with the pump.  If the wound goes without vacuum for more than 2 hours you have to pull everything off, pack it with wet dressing and cover that with dry dressing.  My daughter didn't have any pain meds in her system so that wasn't the ideal situation.  I got to looking at everything and it's really a simple device.  Vacuum problems in dash boards for AC are pretty simple to diagnose so this shouldn't be too bad.  I eventually found that the cup on her abdomen was stopped up with "something".  I took a razor and cut around the cup, cleaned it out with tweezers and a small rod and put everything back together.  She's back up and running.  Hopefully it will last till she has her dressing change later.  It's always something.  We're REALLY glad to have her back home.

You're getting extra checkmarks in the "Book of Life":):emotion-21:

• Like 4

• Moderators
16 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

there is no cow in a bean & cheese burrito, fries, and a root beer.

You know that cow just wants to grow up and have the opportunity to go to cow college.

I’ll bet Gary (Tigerman) is the only one that will agree with me (about the letting the cow live thing instead of eating it).

But, I do hope you enjoy your dinner out Mark -- sounds like you work hard at the shop!

Well you got me with the bean and cheese burrito and fries, no cow, but those innocent beans and potatoes, they have feelings to. .......to extreme, ok probably you win

I'm sure Gary would agree with you, have seen pictures of his cooking and you win again

Ok time to tell the truth, I much prefer hogs to cows anyway, not that i don't like cows. But really it was all about saving the planet, you know they say cow gas :blink: is the big cause for global warming and I was just trying to do my part to save the earth. Vegetable plants actually combat the problems caused by animals so I figure save the vegetables and eat the animals is the best way to help. 

Ok that was all :pwk_bs:, I like the way they taste...........

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Carl (aka vac mechanic) so glad Amy is home and doing well!

Hope everybody has a great hump day.

Yes glad Amy's home and things slowly get back to normal. Vac mechanic, I like it, Carl can add that to his resume. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, dtel said:

Vac mechanic, I like it, Carl can add that to his resume. 

Yeah, I know....I suck.

Just got done with her first in home dressing change.  I wasn't there but I heard it wasn't great.  The sponge they put into the wound can stick to the healing tissue and it's a bugger to get loose.  She's also on oral pain meds now which aren't as effective as the IV stuff they give in the hospital.  I keep telling her each one should be a little better than the one before as she heals but it's just words when you're hurting.  Next visit is Friday.  I'm going to call the Dr and see what other options we have for pain management.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Just got done with her first in home dressing change.  I wasn't there but I heard it wasn't great.  The sponge they put into the wound can stick to the healing tissue and it's a bugger to get loose.  She's also on oral pain meds now which aren't as effective as the IV stuff they give in the hospital.  I keep telling her each one should be a little better than the one before as she heals but it's just words when you're hurting.  Next visit is Friday.  I'm going to call the Dr and see what other options we have for pain management.

i hear you.  When one of my daughters was about six years old, she got burned very severely.  Her shoe actually melted onto her foot.

We had to take her to the hospital each day for them to scrape the wound clean...after the first time, i couldn't stay in the room. Nothing worse than seeing your child in excruciating pain and being unable to relieve it a single bit. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Afternoon all....

Fed-x and UPS just got here and bought us a bunch of goodies...

100lbs of clumping cat litter and two new cat boxes....

but the most important box.....my new DBX x-over and all the cables for the JBL's....oh yea...

MKP :-)

IMG_20161012_134254-1.jpg

Carvin XC3000 is what im running, good to see someone "JumpShip" from the "NORM".

Run that bad boy. no one company rules.

Been kickin 42wpc for going on four hours, and >Yes< drinkin.

Time to pump some air into this new mast assy..........

• Like 5

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Stoney and Boney poop that much?

Yea... and there crapp really stinks... it's like super crapp....

That will last us quite awhile.... Were trying these new cat box's with clumping litter.... we got a sick cat.... Stoney & Boney are ok... it's our regular cat.... She's having "accidents" and if this doesn't get better soon it's gonna be one less cat here at the cribb. I think she's gonna to the vet tomorrow....

MKP :-)

• Like 4

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Yea... and there crapp really stinks... it's like super crapp....

For some reason cats seem to smell the worst, after chicken crap.

About 15 year ago I took our 20' trailer to a chicken farm and they loaded it up with chicken poop that was over a year old, great fertilizer but really powerful and ridiculously stinky.  I put in a pile in the back yard about 600' feet from the house. I ended up having to put it out by trees to somewhat disperse the smell, which helped after a few days. It was so bad after a couple of days one of the neighbors asked if he could go look thinking there was a dead animal back there or in the woods. I gave up on the chicken crap idea after that try, the trees did grow like crazy but it smelled like we were storing dead bodies back there. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

She's having "accidents" and if this doesn't get better soon it's gonna be one less cat here at the cribb. I think she's gonna to the vet tomorrow....

Well good luck, had a similar problem with one of our cats once, she stopped cleaning herself and would hardly eat. Next she would poop where ever, her last mistake was jumping up on my bed and pooping on my pillow, at that point she crossed the line and had used up all of her 9 lives at once.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well good luck, had a similar problem with one of our cats once, she stopped cleaning herself and would hardly eat. Next she would poop where ever, her last mistake was jumping up on my bed and pooping on my pillow, at that point she crossed the line and had used up all of her 9 lives at once.

She was ready to go. 

• Like 2

Speaking of pets, it's open enrollment at work. They offer pet insurance through work....I never would have thought :mellow:   Through the years, I have told my dog that if something happens to her, I won't have to buy anymore dog food, if she gets hurt, I will shoot her, etc...so it's up to her and so far it's worked. (It's a bluff, I won't shoot her just because, but she doesn't know I'm bluffing, she is the best one that I've had and has been a keeper, unlike many of the gfs i've culled through lol)

I'm not buying the pet insurance, but I'm sure it's worth it to many. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

I think so, she was a rescue as all animals we have had and I don't know but I think she was very old. 

We do not have any cats anymore, 2 small dogs, one from a shelter a Minpin, and a small Chiuahua which was a pet of a old lady who passed away and no family members wanted the dog.  

I do miss having a cat.   

Not proud of it but have shot a couple before, I can not stand to see an animal suffer, I would rather see it end quickly.

• Like 2