Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

19 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
19 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

100lbs of clumping cat litter and two new cat boxes....

Pics or it didn't happen.  I think you're just bragging.

Well it's really 157.8lbs on litter:laugh:... one was  busted open.... here's the other five... each one is 26.3 lbs... and that's really nothing.... when we was using the clay litter The BOSS would wait for a sale at Tractor Supply Co, she would get 10 - 40lb bags. 400 lbs of litter :o she would load the Odyssey down. Now I would have to "hump"them  in the house....... but I would only do that on Wednesday;)

I cleaned the new box this morning..... all you do is roll the box 180* and roll it back over .... there's a screen inside the box that allows the clean litter to pass through. When you roll it back over the soiled liter fall into a tray that you pull out and just dump... it's really cool..

MKP :-)

IMG_20161013_082125.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/29/2016 at 7:47 AM, CECAA850 said:

One more day till Friday!

Weather was pretty nice this morning.  We had upper 60's briefly 2 days in a row.  I had forgotten what that felt like.

Daughters surgery wound isn't healing worth a crap:(.  Don't really know why but I foresee another surgery for her sooner rather than later.  Kid can't catch a break and I'm not sleeping as I worry about her. We sent pictures of her wound to the surgeon last night, hopefully we'll hear something soon.

I'll probably bite someone's head off at work today.

Sorry I missed all this, Carl.  What happened? I'm sure the details are back in this thread somewhere.

• Like 1

Getting ready to roll out... Coffee all done... all I have today is work for the used car maggots today..... The one used car guy I have named "ST"....... as in "sticky turd" ... he's like a piece of crapp you just can't wipe clean:laugh:... I told him yesterday If you keep telling me to work faster I'm going to work slower and charge ya more....

This Saturday we have plans for a couple of forum members from thecarversite coming over... both have never heard Klipsch, and they want to hear the JBL's. The one member will be bringing a Carver M500t that has been modified... I've never heard or owned a M500t, I want to check out that amp with my LaScala's... should be fun...

The BOSS has left to her mom's..... she'll be there till this afternoon... before she left she asked me to get the cat carrier..... she's taking the sick cat to the vet.... I got a feeling the cat's not coming back:(

Yea dtel a few weeks ago I put on my work t-shirt that was on the bottom of the bed and it was soaking wet with cat pee....man it was nasty... and last night the cat was standing in the middle of the kitchen and peed on the floor right in front of me.

The BOSS found this cat a few years back.... The BOSS was out shopping and when she came out of the store she saw this little kitten under a tire of a car. The lady in the car was almost ready to pull away... my wife stopped her and scooped up the little cat. it was a tiny little thing...

Most all of our animals have been by chance..... it's like god sends us these creatures...... even our Veiled Chameleon was found crossing a road in the middle of summer. It was a full grown and lived about another five years.... it was really a cool animal.... it would ****** meal worms right out of my fingers.... so cool...

Man I gotta get outta hear... the shop awaits....

MKP :-)

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I think dtel is working on a hybrid cat.....one with intake only:)  No kitty litter needed.

That would be great, now the perfect cat would one that don't poop and stays a baby, young cats are great to watch, they get excited playing with everything. 

We were spoiled, our longest lived cat never needed a litter box, it was outside about 60% of the time and would stand quietly by the door when it needed to go out. I found her out laying in the grass one day dead, no marks as if were attacked, she was over 20 years old. 

animals-41.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:17 AM, CECAA850 said:

Morning all.  Spent all day yesterday traveling and getting things organized at home.  Home health had to be lined out, prescriptions dropped off and picked up, bank trips (had been putting that off) and situating daughter at home.  Finally got back into our normal routine at the house and was on time for leaving for work this morning and my daughter came to the kitchen with the alarm going off on her machine.  It showed a blockage.  We called home health and of course she couldn't come till mid day.  She also said she had been doing this a long time and had never seen a blockage.  It's always something with the pump.  If the wound goes without vacuum for more than 2 hours you have to pull everything off, pack it with wet dressing and cover that with dry dressing.  My daughter didn't have any pain meds in her system so that wasn't the ideal situation.  I got to looking at everything and it's really a simple device.  Vacuum problems in dash boards for AC are pretty simple to diagnose so this shouldn't be too bad.  I eventually found that the cup on her abdomen was stopped up with "something".  I took a razor and cut around the cup, cleaned it out with tweezers and a small rod and put everything back together.  She's back up and running.  Hopefully it will last till she has her dressing change later.  It's always something.  We're REALLY glad to have her back home.

I know I'm late, but it's such great news that she's home!  Happy healing to her!

• Like 6

On 10/12/2016 at 9:57 AM, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

. Meet Mr. Kelly... Mr. Kelly was a taxidermist, everyone that grew up around town new Mr Kelly. There was a story that years ago some young punk was giving Mr Kelly a hard time one day... Mr.Kelly knocked him out... My land lord told me that story.... One afternoon Mr. Kelly bought my wife a pie to the shop... there was one piece missing:blink:.... he told my wife " well I had to try it!!"

yes -- meet mr. kelly.  i have a couple details to add...

the pie he brought with the piece missing...mr kelly was holding the knife i assume he sliced it with.  it was really old and rusted - i'm sure it was his favorite taxidermist knife...ewww.

the day i sent him home to get his pants on...

it was a very hot humid day.  mr. kelly walked into the shop with his boxers on and i told him "oh no you don't mr kelly.  those boxers DO NOT pass as shorts. you need to go home and put some pants on"  i went into the bay for something, and mark came back into the office first to see mr kelly with our brand new unopened 2 liter diet pepsi, on his lips and chugging away.  mark said "mr kelly!"  he jumped and spilled a little on himself, said he was just taking a sip.  mark told him he could have the bottle, and go get some pants on.  lol

miss him...

mr kelly 2.jpg

mr kelly1.jpg

• Like 7

mkp was right.  the cat did not come home with me. she always kept the 2 male cats (the knuckleheads) in line.  she was a little older - and much bigger.  when we got boney he was a young kitten. stoney did not want anything to do with him -- hissing at him.  we called her MAMA because she took boney in and cared for him - putting stoney in his place.  when boney got bigger they would take turns attacking each other.  they would stalk each other round the house.  it was never dull.   the three of them were perfect.  mama was 4 yrs old and had turned into skin and bones in 3 weeks.  vet said her kidneys were "enormous noduled and gnarley kidneys" and would not get better.  was something she was born with.  the boys don't understand...

14689195_1198029416886689_1594098908_o.jpg

14697289_1198029513553346_1095624764_o.jpg

14646703_1198029423553355_112841222_o.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators

Sorry to hear about MAMA cat, that's the same name my wife gave the cat I put a pic of, don't remember why she named her that.

Well one day we will all get that ride to the vet, no one get's out alive, enjoy it while you can. 

• Like 3

Cool cat pics ...we just can't have one since Better Half Unit is violently allergic. On the other hand, we do provide a home to Baxter the rescue Springer who seems to love everyone EXCEPT cats. I can just imagine the chaos if we brought a cat into the house.

Enjoy your Friday folks. Gonna spend mine shopping for storm doors, finishing up some paperwork and perhaps jammin' with my guitar bud.

• Like 3

My Friday off, dropped the kiddos at school, installed the front shocks on the SS (way nicer ride), ice tea now then shower, Sam's Club shopping for 7 boys staying over tonight prior to UIL marching band competition tomorrow. Knock on wood, all is well at the haunted house......

• Like 5