Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:22 PM, Wardsweb said:

Had a garage sale today. I can't believe I didn't get one audio flipper. I had SAE, B&O, JBL, Pioneer, Teac, Hitachi, Toshiba and Samung gear out. People didn't know what component stereo was. They never heard of SAE or B&O. I truly live on an audio island.

I must have missed the thread where you notified everyone;)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Chuck,

I always wanted one until I got my first one (40 mph) and then my second (60 mph).  When someone says a car handles like a go-kart, I consider it a high compliment.

Glad you chose the doctor's car.  Remember when that used to describe a Buick?    Hi-Ho Silver!  Do you hear the William Tell Overture while driving?

Now that I think about it, the car in my avatar was my third go-kart. It would do 1G on a skid pad with street tires.  As to speed, the fastest I ever went was 85 mph merging onto an expressway.  It was quick (0-60 <4), rather than fast.

• Like 4

Think I'm about caught up here.

Chuck ....that really is a great looking ride. I'm jealous ....we're about the same age and I've been threatening to get one more vehicle like that for several years, at least. When I fail to act, I have 2 excuses to fall back on .... first, I'm cheap and second I need a tough 4 wheel SUV for Colorado winters (and sometimes fall and spring). :huh: Sigh. I'll get over it one of these days. Have fun with that car!!

Cheers ya'll.

• Like 6

Thanks Chuck.  Harsh ride and you feel everything but get up in the rpm range and you get a big grin on your face.  Practical?  Not by a long shot but fun?  Oh yeah.  I wouldn't want to take it cross country but around town it's a hoot.  Now to get Luther to install a turbo for me:P 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Practical?  Not by a long shot but fun?

Chuck,

The unwritten rule with such drop-tops is any day the temp is at least 50, the top goes down..  Windows up and heater blasting are OK, but the top MUST be down if the sun is shining and it's at least 50 degrees.   Failure to comply results in confiscation and replacement by a minivan. :-))

• Like 6

Good Monday Morning gang

I know it's been a day or two when i come on here and spend 20Min reading/Likes.

We have FINLEY had some rain.

2" in the last two day's, yesterday it rained 7hrs straight.

Spent the last three day's amassing a broad spectrum of HD/UHF Antennas, all were assembled and waiting for and A/B test to see just what they could drag in.

Pic's later today, i tested from pricey to cheap, Amp and NoNAmp, looking for the most mileage and channels.

Results : Will save you a bundle, the "Pricey" one's lost out.

12507236_945508295485162_4050146818616772093_n.jpg

• Like 10

Next one up up is of my Fav design, "Yagi" $35 Bucks @ the depot or on the web/ebay.

I did not expect this to do any better than the others, i was amazed.

70+ channels, and Frisco almost came in @85 miles.

So far this one wins it's place on the RV, because that stupid "Wing Thing" is going to get shot.

All antennas tested were in the rain yesterday, great testing conditions.
30' pole, line of sight pointed south/southwest of sactown.

30394365745_1169f3b520.jpg

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, minermark said:

All i go for is UHF, VHF is dead.

Still have a couple of VHF here in the ghetto (shown below). Just saying for folks reading your testing that they should know what their area has so they can match up antenna.

OTA.JPG

• Like 4