Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The guy I bought the S2000 from had put in a $2000 stereo with the speakers in the seat head rest.  I have no idea how to use it yet but he had an ipod hooked up to it with a cable neatly routed to the passenger side of the transmission tunnel.  What is music like from an ipod?  Crappy or okay?  Not into gadgets so have never heard one before.  Anyone have a used one they want to get rid of at a good price?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

What is music like from an ipod?  Crappy or okay?  Not into gadgets so have never heard one before.  Anyone have a used one they want to get rid of at a good price?

Most of our listening is through i-pod..... just out of convenience...... we have two i-pods, one for the shop and one for the house. As far as the quality of sound it's "ok" imho ...... now I will say that even I can notice better sound through CD's on some music....

Our 2nd i-pod we got used from the e-bay....prices will range.... the more music it'll store the more you'll pay.....

That's my 1&1/2 cents....:blink:

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Chuck,

You don't need no stinkin' stereo.  The car in my avatar had NO RADIO.  It could never have been heard over the sound from the Buick V8 and side exhausts. The only way I listened to music was with ear buds, which helped to block the exhaust and wind noise.

The La Scalas were able to overcome road noise in the Miata,

But seriously, the Miata had speakers in the headrests, as well as speakers in the doors.  Listening to music was possible without resorting to La Scalas, but that's not why you have a two-seat sportscar.

car_speakers_front.jpg

car_speakers_side.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

What is music like from an ipod?  Crappy or okay?  Not into gadgets so have never heard one before.  Anyone have a used one they want to get rid of at a good price?

there are alot of choices of ipods - touch screen, etc.  we have ours for music only.  you can watch movies on them, etc but we want the space for the music. mp3 players are cheaper but cumbersome to use.  i got my ipod from ebay.   this one looks good.  if you buy it, i recommend you buy the square trade insurance.  electronics are fickle.  for $10, if you have a problem, email square trade, they send you a postage paid mailing label, ship it to them, when they get it, they will send you a check in full so you can buy another one.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-classic-6th-Generation-Black-80GB-Great-Condition-A1238-/381819099033?hash=item58e6311799:g:Fc4AAOSwxKtYBpvI

Apple iPod classic 6th Generation Black (80GB) Great Condition A1238

• Like 4

i always have a band traveling with me, so it’s live music all the time. If you opt for that, it may be a bit tight in your sports car.

In all seriousness, i recently attended my cousin’s wedding. The San Francisco Choir was there performing.  While they were singing, which was quite impressive, i thought to myself, “Steve, you need a choir.”  I mean, wouldn’t it be cool to walk around and never having to speak because the choir sings whatever your response would be. I would go into the office and someone would say “Good Morning Steve.”  My choir would belt out in perfect harmony, “Steve would say good morning; but, he really doesn’t like you -- so go away.”  Yeah, i want a choir of punks.

If anyone of you want to be part of my choir, post of video of yourself singing and post it in this thread. 

• Like 7

Good evening my friends............it is late here in the North East, but I just wanted to check in before heading for bed on this balmy Wed. evening.   

CHUCK, congrats on your NEW auto!   As far as iPod......I have had both iPod and iPad......both have died from display and battery failure after a number of years of use.

I just bought a NEW tablet from Best Buy, the Insignia 'FLEX' and I can tell you from years of owning the Apple product, it is pretty much the same in most aspects for a fraction of the price!!!   The iPad was $600, and the Insignia was only $60 on sale.  Based on the Android OS, it is just fine...   The advantage is, you have USB and optional Micro SD card for additional storage.     

I run Spotify premium as I did with the ipad with my audio system at work and it is just fine.    MP3 at 320 mbps is as good as it gets for that format with these products and it will sound great in your Honda.....   8th stereo mini and your are good to go!   But, you may have a USB ?   My Ford Escape has BOTH voice activated USB and stereo mini as AUX inputs, so you can use pretty much anything, your Honda may be setup for both as well ??

All that I can add for now.............feel free to send me a PMail if you need to know more....

With that, take care everyone, more toward the weekend.........

.............Gary

• Like 4

Thought I better drop in since it's been a day or two and tomorrow is jammed up. Gotta clear the crap out of our upstairs bedrooms since we have carpet installers coming tomorrow to replace carpet in 3 bedrooms. Shoulda done this at least a few years back.

As far as MP3's and ipods, go, I've never gotten into them .... the main criticism I've read is about the compressed signal and sound quality. Frankly, that doesn't seem like a big deal if we're just talking car stereo. Attitude might be different if I was on the road all the time, but that's never been the case for me.

Cheers folks.

• Like 3

Coffee time is over for me.  We got a nice soaking rain overnight and combined with the cooler temps---fresh wood ear mushrooms!  What a delicacy.  Most are familiar with the dried ones reconstituted in Chinese cuisine, because fresh must be harvested right away and have a very short shelf life.  I took about a pint this morning, today is a good day.

• Like 3