Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Monday Morning

Two and counting:emotion-44::emotion-44:

One week, Halloween.

RV Slide/wall work continues, plywood backing so it will support a TV.

RV Antenna R&D continues, as an inventor, the Web IS indispensable.

Easy week, taking the wife for her Doc visits, mouse ckickin/money spendin retirement :emotion-21:

13286503195_fd555f6564_m.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Greetings from PRC,

Responding to the need to protect travelers from an avalanche of AARP terrorists, the TSA at Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) confiscated my contact lens solution and my Harry's shaving cream.  Just think of the havoc I could have caused with all of that liquid.

During the 18 hour flight I managed to break my glasses.  I brought a backup pair, but the inability to use my contacts became an issue.  With some difficulty, I was able get "imported" (hopefully from USA) Alcon solution.  The question is, if you're warned not to drink the tap water, does it make sense to put this stuff in your eyes?  This old dog is too old to learn the trick of working with a guide dog.

BTW, the food so far has been plentiful and excellent.  Plain coffee is hard to find at the Eurasia Hotel, but a double espresso serves the purpose.

Go CUBS!

image.jpg

I do miss my twice a year visits to Kowloon.

• Like 4

Hey Carl have you or any of your techs seen these sockets?

They are BAD A$$......

I got this 19mm a few months backs......they have been back order for ever..... I use it for the harmonic balancers bolts on the Honda crank shafts..... you can not break them free with a impact and a regular socket. Over the years I've had Honda's towed to the shop from other shops that couldn't get the bolt to break free. Before I got it I would have to use the Honda special tool to hold the harmonic balancer and use a 1/2" breaker bar with a 3 1/2 foot cheater on it (old floor jack handle)to break the bolt free.

Some of my Honda buds have bought 3/4" impact guns just for those PIA bolts.

MKP :-)

IMG_20161019_155833.jpg

IMG_20161019_155753.jpg

• Like 3

Good Monday to you all!  What a crazy weekend - the cold never left (usually get some snow which melts off then we all really brace for winter) its was FOUR degrees this morning! 

Crazy weekend in sports too!  How do two professional kickers miss chipshots back to back in overtime (Arizona vs Seattle)?!  But most importantly THE CUBS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!  My late father and grandfather were diehard fans, neither saw them win one, my dad never lived to see them make it!  A little emotional for me - and many others.  It will be nice to see two longsuffering cities finally have a shot at winning!

Trying some blueberry coffee again, a little strange, but not bad.  Have a great week!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Never seen one Mark.  Does the outer ring give the socket more mass?

Exactly...... More mass...... My  IR 244 impact would break em loose @ 130 psi when I first got it. That was 20 plus years ago, that gun is worn out.....but I put that socket on it and has no problem breaking them loose

MKP :-)

• Like 3

• Moderators

Just got back home, it was an adventure but the people made it really fun.

We drove to the Harmon"s house and rode up to Hope with them in the bus, it doesn't get much easier or nicer. There was a small problem, a small line going from the radiator to the reservoir came loose at the radiator letting it lose fluid and it started to run hot and then alarms were going off.  :o The problem was you can not see even close to where the problem was without removing the giant air filter and it still is almost impossible to get to, 400 hp Cummins mounted in the rear of a 40' bus.

So Kevin called an extra large size tow truck and they brought it to the Freightliner dealer an hour away which was closed already. We camped in the parking lot until morning, although we were not roughing it, AC, refrigerator and Sat Tv, everything working on the bus we just couldn't move it. Kevin always tows his 1 ton truck so we got in it and went out to eat and hung out later in the bus. 

The next morning Freightliner fixed us up, and checked everything else out and we hit he road to Hope, we all worked each day moving things from the plant into the museum, and parking at Rodney's at night. 

speakers.jpg

speakers2.jpg

• Like 5

Gotta grab me some of those...

I never got sick eating anything from street vendors, but I have since read an article that said some street vendors get their cooking oil from runoff and sewer water that they filter. It COULD be a rumor. :blink:

• Like 2