Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I guess if you absolutely have to break down while traveling, that's the rig to do it in.  Glad you guys made it ok.

We made it just fine, when Kevin breaks down he does it in style, I have never broken down with such amenities, ever.

Your right the tow truck was as big as the bus, I think it could have pulled the bus down the road with the bus laying on it's side, and at $350 an hour it can add up fast.

• Like 4

I can't remember, Mark... If I remember correctly, the new owner was on his way back from Vegas after picking them up. He and better half stopped at a place where they had parties with friends before.

He posted a bunch of pics...

Bruce

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

I can't remember, Mark... If I remember correctly, the new owner was on his way back from Vegas after picking them up. He and netter half stopped at a place where they had parties with friends before.

He posted a bunch of pics...

Bruce

Back in 1980 i dragged a pair to the desert near 29palms, Kenwoods and a Sansui i picked up before leaving the service.

The sound produced was not worth the work setting up the system, car stereo would likely sound better.

Never ran sound in the Desert after that.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Exactly...... More mass...... My  IR 244 impact would break em loose @ 130 psi when I first got it. That was 20 plus years ago, that gun is worn out.....but I put that socket on it and has no problem breaking them loose

MKP :-)

So does the ring act as a flywheel or...? 

I'm having difficulties with it :wacko:

It seems that it would absorb some of the hammer from the impact.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Weber said:

I was trying to figure it out as well.  An impact gun has a hammer type device that hits in the direction that the bolt wants to go.  It's not constant pressure.  I'm guessing that the ring gives the impact hammer more mass making it seem like the hammer is larger than it actually is.  Kind of like hitting a nail with a small hammer vs hitting one with a large hammer.

• Moderators

I don't know what happened last night, I quoted Carl and I couldn't post anymore, every time I did that quote and my words would show up in the new post ?

I restarted it this morning and it seems to be working.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

I don't know what happened last night, I quoted Carl and I couldn't post anymore, every time I did that quote and my words would show up in the new post ?

I restarted it this morning and it seems to be working.

That happens at times.  Just delete it when it shows up and it shouldn't come back.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

maybe what you have to say is just too important to delete?

Quite the opposite I'm afraid.

7 months and the real BSM will be set free, looking forward to see how this turns out. :emotion-19:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dtel said:

I deleted the text but it would still leave the quote box, must have been a computer problem ? After restarting this morning it worked fine .

I have had that happen too. I think that I clicked the cursor in the body of the one being quoted and backspace or delete or... There is a way to toss it :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Weber said:

No It's just more mass on the socket. When they 1st came out I too was unsure about the ring. I understand it like this..... since the socket has more mass it transmits more impact energy to the bolt. I tell ya this it works...and when I'm using it the impact gun sounds different than if I had a regular socket on it.... It sounds more solid...

Lisle tools also has a 19mm socket for the Honda crank bots but it has no ring.... it just got mass to it....

Lisle_77080.5553c0921cb8a.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

No It's just more mass on the socket. When they 1st came out I too was unsure about the ring. I understand it like this..... since the socket has more mass it transmits more impact energy to the bolt. I tell ya this it works...and when I'm using it the impact gun sounds different than if I had a regular socket on it.... It sounds more solid...

Lisle tools also has a 19mm socket for the Honda crank bots but it has no ring.... it just got mass to it....

Lisle_77080.5553c0921cb8a.jpg

I'm going back to school on this one because I'm missing something. I can see this one delivering better impact force because it is thicker (vs a thin wall socket) and won't as easily expand and contort. At the same time, adding mass to the socket will absorb the hammer advantage of an impact tool. 

• Like 1