Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

With regards to weight, mass or strength?

Yes :o well I think the weight and mass would make it hit harder, there is enough force from the air to move the difference in mass initially.  I guess

For me it would be strength, and it looks like you could never break that one, I have broke a few regular sockets over the years .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mungkiman said:

With regards to weight, mass or strength?

The thick one will have all. The offering form IR has what looks like a little flywheel, and other than the flywheel, it looks like a standard impact socket. The elongated cutout / spokes will reduce weight while letting the ring, because it reaches out farther from the center, be better at having rotational energy than only having a thicker socket. 

At a glance, my impression is that anything down stream of the impact absorbs energy, even if it's duty is to deliver said energy. Obviously, it has a synergy...which is supernatural. :lol:

IMG_20161019_155833.jpg

• Like 3

Catch-up time again. We've been a bit preoccupied with vet visits and helping Baxter get over his illness. Thanks to a good doc and the right antibiotic, his high fever finally broke and he's pretty much back to normal. Couldn't bear losing our boy, especially after losing our Shih Tsu a little over 2 years ago. Still waiting on some test results to see what the actual cause was. Hopefully nothing that could reoccur.

Have a good day folks.

Chuck

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Weber said:

At a glance, my impression is that anything down stream of the impact absorbs energy, even if it's duty is to deliver said energy.

OK, been thinking some more.  If you hold a socket that's attached to an impact and slowly give the gun air you'll notice (as I said earlier) that it doesn't go constantly forward.  It has a back and forth motion almost like forward 1 unit, back 3 unit forward, etc.  If the bulkier socket is attached, the forward inertia is increased due to the extra mass as the socket swings from a rearward motion to a forward one.

• Like 2