Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Sunday evening gang

Vintage Delta 6"X48", old school and weighs in @ 200+ Lbs.

Been busy since unloading the new shop toy, checking all wiring, added a new 25' cord for 220V.

Fired it up and runs well.

$200 was well worth the venture.

Off to shop for Belts, the Bay has a boat load, pretty reasonable too.

This will be like the Lathe, do not use it even once a month, but it's here and ready for the task.

00H0H_bvJvbMnTitM_1200x900hh.jpg

00s0s_eFOY5vj5tEd_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_27anKm4zPtH_1200x900.jpg

01515_6RztFtY7zvb_1200x900.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Marvel said:

We only had a 10 minute downpour the other day... been dry for weeks. Staying in the mid to upper 80s this week, which will break all kinds of records.

We have not had rain in about a month, grass in the back yard is looking crispy, I can only water some in the front and the gardens. 

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, minermark said:

Good Sunday evening gang

Vintage Delta 6"X48", old school and weighs in @ 200+ Lbs.

Been busy since unloading the new shop toy, checking all wiring, added a new 25' cord for 220V.

Fired it up and runs well.

$200 was well worth the venture.

Vintage is always made better, heavy yes but I just made metal dollies to roll them around, it's the only way. Great price 

• Like 6

Morning gang...

A good Halloween Monday to all....

Not much going on today..... kinda a light day at the shop.... got my sons Honda Element to work on to day and my youngest daughter's Civic... 

the Element just need a O/C and I think the rear diff is making noise.... when the fluid wears out they start making noise around sharp turns.

The Civic need a power steering bellows boot put on the rack and I got to take it to the alignment shop. I put tires on it a few months back and the front tires are already starting to "feather" on the edges.... I can't be having that....

OK.... coffee done..... gotta roll.... a good week to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I have my hair lady add gray to my beard, mustache, and hair....I hear women like the S&P look:D

Nature is taking care of the gray in my beard and mustache .....as for the hair, she has gone a step too far and started applying liberal doses of 'remover.' Damn.

Happy Halloween folks.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Not much going on today..... kinda a light day at the shop.... got my sons Honda Element to work on to day and my youngest daughter's Civic... 

See your kids are smart, dad specializes in Honda's so what do the kids drive ?

• Like 2

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Nature is taking care of the gray in my beard and mustache .....as for the hair, she has gone a step too far and started applying liberal doses of 'remover.' Damn.

Definitely true with the grey, but my hair grows like crazy, got it cut last night and if I don't every few weeks it gets wild, well that's what the wife says.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Weber said:

No Shave November, anybody? 

Two weeks ago I started to embark on this facial hair journey because my two year old son is going to be Darth Vader and I Obi Wan Kenobi for Halloween.  Obi Wan had a beard so I'm "trying" to grow a beard, this is a first for me.  Since NSN is right on the back end, I figure I might let it ride for a while.  I discovered a great deal of gray hair, but I guess if it's all the rage, I'll let that ride too!  :-)

• Like 4

Scary Halloween greetings everyone.

Just a little update for you all as it has been a little while since I've stopped by to say hello . (I'm sorry for that).

Got my Front lawn all setup for tonight.....  Tomb stones lighted with strobes and blue lighting, 5 lighted pumpkins and pathway from street to front door in red LEDs and installed a purple LED bulb in the post lamp.  That was yesterday's work..

Soon as I get home from work tonight, the TWO audio systems will be brought out.  One for the usual endless scary soundtrack, which will have a subwoofer added this time around and reside way off to the left of the house and hidden.    The other just to the right of the front door behind shrubs...  I will have real time control over lightning from a commercial strobe and thunder effects from one of the keyboard work stations set up right behind the left door where I will be hiding!   I like to let trick or treaters stand there for a bit and then open the right hand door.  They don't see anyone as it swings slowly open...   Normally, I jump out to surprise them, BUT, this year........

I will hit them with that strobe (which you can't even look at directly) and 150 watts via a 15" driver and horn at close range!!!, well perhaps I should be more concerned about the accompanying parents having a medical issue then anything :ph34r:.

But that is why they keep coming back....   There is always something different each year and they look forward to it :D.

Pictures will be up before long...

Enjoy your evening of horror my friends ......

...... Gary

• Like 6