Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang...

It's dark out and time to bring it in...... blew leaves off the roof and sucked up some of the leaves on the deck and put some chairs away.... Didn't even make a dent with the leaves.... gonna break out the big leaf sucking machine next week.......the F-250 with the Billy Goat Leaf sucker.... even with that, it's still 6-7 runs to the dump..... but it's better than raking....

Was in the garage cleaning up a bit and came across these goodies..... a few of you guys will like these...... I got these out of that garage I purchased a few years back..... still gotta get the South Bend that's over there and there's more tooling...

was playing the Chorus I's this afternoon and my Carver TFM-55 took a dump.... the right channel chitt.... It was acting up a few weeks ago but I thought it was just a connection problem... well it's not and this was the amp I got fixed over the summer.... 90 day warranty, I'm out :angry:

MKP :-)

IMG_20161106_171656-1.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I got these out of that garage I purchased a few years back..... still gotta get the South Bend that's over there and there's more tooling...

Can't load any more pic's???? keeps telling me  "You are only allowed to upload 102.4kb" I've made the pic's as small as possible.....

I get this a lot when I take pic's with my tablet and try to load them on the site. but once I crop them they load right up..... I don't know..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Was in the garage cleaning up a bit and came across these goodies

Pictures of them out of the box? Do these accessories fit the lathe you're retrieving?  A lot of tooling is interchangeable, such as the chucks and faceplates, and depending on if they are the L series or D mount style. Most lathes use a Morse taper in the tailstock, but make sure it not a Brown and Sharpe taper. I've made a few risers for steady-rests that were too low or didn't fit the ways.   

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Weber said:

Do these accessories fit the lathe you're retrieving?

Yea... It's been awhile since I've seen it forget what modle # it is I know It's a South bend...... might be 3' between centers ???.....and there's some more stuff I got to get out of there. A large drill press, old vintage Craftsman table saw it's all metal..... no plastic on that thing.. and there's just a bunch of other stuff I still have to get from her. I mentioned she had some reel to reels awhile back, I just haven't had the time to get over there again... but I should do it before the real cold weather sets in...

• Like 5

12 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Can't load any more pic's???? keeps telling me  "You are only allowed to upload 102.4kb" I've made the pic's as small as possible.....

I get this a lot when I take pic's with my tablet and try to load them on the site. but once I crop them they load right up..... I don't know..

Hey Mark that happened to me about two weeks ago.  Go to your profile....click on "my attachments" and your pics come up.  You will have to delete several before you can post more.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Mark that happened to me about two weeks ago.  Go to your profile....click on "my attachments" and your pics come up.  You will have to delete several before you can post more.

Cool... I'll do that.... I think I have every pic that I have loaded is still there.... 304 attachments:o This is gonna take some time...

A good day to all, gotta roll..

• Like 5

Good Monday Mates

Second cup of the Duggans Enhanced Major Dickinsons Blend.

Zero planned, Nada, Zip:cool:

RV work ongoing, Slider W/New wall for LED TV is 50% as of last night.

Fry's visit coming for TV mount, wife likes to go, not to Fry's, she know's when i go there im hittin OutBack or Mandango's, and of course See's.

In the Bearclaw mood, yep that sounds good :emotion-21:

13907026_1262734817093885_91673978000170889_n.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Cool... I'll do that.... I think I have every pic that I have loaded is still there.... 304 attachments:o This is gonna take some time...

A good day to all, gotta roll..

Or you could just load your pictured to photobucket and link them.  There's no limit to that.  That way you won't lose anything you've posted.

• Like 2

Just shared this story over in RTM thread ... my daughter just called me. Her voice is all shaky and when i say hello she says, “OH MY GOSH!"

I ask what is wrong and she tells me that the Huntington Beach Police just called her and gave my name and asked if she knew me. She says, “that is my Dad’s name.” They then tell her that they’re looking for his next of kin--there was a near drowning and the guy with my name is unconscious--so they’re looking for the next of kin.

Thank God that i didn’t have the headphones on or in the bathroom -- if i wouldn’t have heard my phone (I have profound hearing loss in both ears) that poor girl would have went into a panic.  So, thank God that i was able to answer the phone and let her know that I was still alive.

As relieved as I was for her, i had to stop and pray for the guy’s next of kin. When the cops locate them, they’re getting some very bad news. I feel sorry about that. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Just shared this story over in RTM thread ... my daughter just called me. Her voice is all shaky and when i say hello she says, “OH MY GOSH!"

I ask what is wrong and she tells me that the Huntington Beach Police just called her and gave my name and asked if she knew me. She says, “that is my Dad’s name.” They then tell her that they’re looking for his next of kin--there was a near drowning and the guy with my name is unconscious--so they’re looking for the next of kin.

Thank God that i didn’t have the headphones on or in the bathroom -- if i wouldn’t have heard my phone (I have profound hearing loss in both ears) that poor girl would have went into a panic.  So, thank God that i was able to answer the phone and let her know that I was still alive.

As relieved as I was for her, i had to stop and pray for the guy’s next of kin. When the cops locate them, they’re getting some very bad news. I feel sorry about that. 

Wow. Crazy Story! Glad you're OK, and that your daughter isn't panicked any longer.

• Like 4