Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

39 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Kind of got kicked in the head yesterday. Our company president called to let me know they are going to a national purchasing model and my department will no longer exist. Bottom line is I will no longer have a job come January 1. Well a Merry Christmas and a Ho Ho Ho to you.  Time to refresh the resume and start looking.

I guess there's no "dislike" button to push here.  Sorry to hear that Luther.  I can't help but think that a person with your obvious talents will land on their feet.  When one door closes another one opens.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Kind of got kicked in the head yesterday. Our company president called to let me know they are going to a national purchasing model and my department will no longer exist. Bottom line is I will no longer have a job come January 1. Well a Merry Christmas and a Ho Ho Ho to you.  Time to refresh the resume and start looking.

Best of luck! We recently had similar experience. For months we were told of a forthcoming re-organization and as a 'leader' we were to support any decision as our own; we were to "own it" not play evil company. The hard part was that while we were to have face to face discussions with the affected employees, we too might be re-classified, re-leveled or terminated so we would have to put on a happy face while not knowing our own fate. Turned out I got a new title and code but the pay didn't change. 

• Like 5

Thank you guys for all the kind and comforting posts about our Baxter boy. We (Better Half Unit and I) are grateful for the support and friendship. We'll never forget him but we will get through this. Hang tough my friend.

Luther ... I agree with Carl. You will most likely land on your feet and soon. I spent many years in corporate America and consistently observed 'displaced' execs finding new and better positions.

Gonna do some jammin' today. Cheers to all.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Wardsweb said:

Sorry to hear that. We had something similar happen at our business. It is bad timing. Being forewarned is one that they did here too so that people didn't run up too much debt for Christmas then be told the news on January 1.

Hope that you turn it into an opportunity and make it better than it was. 

• Like 7

Bummer dude. The same thing just happened to my cousin.
  • Like 6

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I can't help but think that a person with your obvious talents will land on their feet.  When one door closes another one opens.

Very true, sorry to hear this Luther and good luck. I hope you find something that makes you happy, after having had a little time to get to know you, you will obviously be a great asset wherever you go. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Sorry to hear about this.  All the best on the job search.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
  11 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Sorry to hear this Luther..... I agree with Carl, "When one door closes another one opens"  you know at least they gave you a few weeks notice.. I know some friends that went into work on a Friday only to be told they have no job Monday..... because of company reorganization, down sizing or some other :pwk_bs:..... 

Best of luck to you...... something good is just around the corner;)

MKP :-)

• Like 6

The wife decided over the weekend that we needed to rearrange the living room. I had just managed to kludge an RG-6 cable over ethernet so we could get a picture on the smaller tv that would break up when you wiggled a finger in the air. We only had rabbit ears on it and it was terrible. Wow... eight feet over on the end wall and ALL the local stations are rock solid on the cheap rabbit ears, and we don't have to move it for any of the stations. Still have the computer running to it so we can watch netflix (slightly older VIZIO with not network built in). Good news is the PC running mint 18 plays netflix very well with the Chrome browser.

Luther, sorry to hear about the job loss. Prayers for whatever is in store for you.

Bruce

• Like 6

11 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I know some friends that went into work on a Friday only to be told they have no job Monday

My training is if it's going to happen, try to making happen on a Monday. The reasoning is that it lets them hit the job search right away, rather than on Friday and they can only stew about it. in a case where there's notice, it's a perfect situation in that time can be spent gathering letters of recommendation from superiors, subordinates and coworkers. Networking while still there and with the company's blessing can help.  There might be companies that has been eyeballing someone wishing they had said person as an employee. 

• Like 7

My friend Dwane who passed away last March had some really fine gear and over 5,000 albums.  The albums were sold by his wife and she has asked me for assistance selling the gear.  She would like someone to come to the house, pack up the equipment, and move it.  Maybe some of you have some discretionary income and would like to purchase all and part it out.  She is in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.  She would like $15,000 for it all. 

Please feel free to rotate the list for me.....thanks.

Scanmusic (2).pdf

The prices are just the msrp.  Waiting on photos.

• Like 4