Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yep Dwane and I started off with Pioneer and Teac in college.  I had a SX-727 so he bought a SX-838 so I bought a SX-1280.  He bough a Teac 3300S and I followed suit (I still have it).  He bought JBL 100s and I bought McIntosh ML-1C (still have them).  Shallow pockets but it was fun.  I think I had a cheap Pioneer PL-12D turntable with a Pickering cartridge.  I also had a Dust Bug....remember those?  It was fun trying to out do each other.  Lost contact when he moved to Texas with Brown & Root.

• Like 6

Good Wednesday morning to Ya-All

Wait, it's afternoon, where the hell did Tuesday go?

What week of the month is this?

Been traveling, home for a break and thanksgiving.

Currently shopping for a local to mow the lawn, place looks like hell.

Everyone looks to be well here.

Sorry to hear of Chucks critter.

The hotels have Pc's,(most), i stop in, lurk W/Libation(s).

I see Gladis Cravits in my frontyard camera across the street, she keeps pointing over here.

Wont be long, we will get an update.......;) 

• Like 6

^^^^^

Helll wish I lived nearby, I'd be your lawn man! I imagine the fringes might be terrific - concert grade speakers, best of liquor's, gadgets galore and stellar conversation I'm sure! And with all your traveling I could keep an eye on the place. Kinda' like your version on O J's live-in Kato. I'll forward my résumé  ---

• Like 4

Good morning everyone   ....:emotion-44:

Just a little Honda note for MKP.......    Our gal in the office bought a brand new CRV a few months ago (rather deluxe model) traded in her 12 year old Civic, huge upgrade for her........!  

Then, two weeks ago, my co worker traded his 2013 Fit for a new HRV (loaded with technology) ..   It was his turn to drive yesterday for our 140 mile round trip tuning a pipe organ for the holiday season.  So, it was my first ride in it.   This one has the CVT and I will say, it is a very smooth and quiet ride.  This thing even has PADDLE SHIFTERS!   not sure how they get gears off the CVT, but I assume there are locking - multi positions between the sheaves to simulate gear ratios?  The AWD should suit him well in the up coming months of winter!

What was interesting was the 3 view rear camera AND the side view mirror mounted camera for taking right hand turns!  Our trip of mixed highway and city yielded 36 MPG :emotion-21:  darn good for a 'mini' SUV  At the end of the day, the OD had only 300 miles on it...

Ok, end of Honda report...  :)

Enjoy your day everyone.............Gary

• Like 5

On 11/15/2016 at 0:44 PM, Tarheel said:

Sorry Luther.  I agree with others.  A guy with your talents will always be in demand.  In the mean time want to come over to NC and install a supercharger on my new toy?

11598187.1475333587120.E82E952924B14E8FACF1F48B1DFA6B84[1].jpg

While sipping my first cup of burr ground 8 O'Clock coffee, I'm enjoying the photo of Chuck's new ride. 

My little brother recently got a silver S2000 with red leather that he uses as a track day car.  He loves it.

Now for a shameless plug.  He is looking to find a good home for his C4 Corvette with ~45k miles.   He's the second owner.  It was never used as a track day car.  If anyone is looking for a sweet top down ride, shoot me a PM.  if you're into ragtop C4s, few are nicer than his.

Go Navy.jpeg

• Like 5

Me too Weber.  Just last night at dinner I got a comment about wearing a sweater with sandals.  60s and 70s here too till Sunday then the high is suppose to reach 52:mellow:

BTW Neil has your bro done any mods on his S2000?

I know you guys mentioned top down in the bubble till below 50 but I'm thinking 60 and higher:o

• Like 3

Morning all,

Gary....thanks for the Honda report, CRV's are good little rides. There are a whole bunch of em coming to the shop and the used car guys next to me sell a chitt load of them. I have yet to have any HRV's in the shop yet. I'm not a big fan of the CVT transmission but alot of manufactures are going with them. 

Over the years the weak link in Honda's was there automatic transmission. There manual trans are bullet proof... To my understanding Mr. Honda didn't want to pay royalties to GM for the use of there planetary gear design so he designed his owns trans. It's basically a manual trans with clutch packs on the main and counter shafts (and a few other bits in them to make em work) I'm not a transmission guy, I've only had few apart in my day and that was warranty work. That was way way back in the day. Honda like most manufactures got on board with a re-man program. There was one dealer I worked at (Honda of Seattle) where there was this one guy that did all the trans work.. This guy was a transmission man. The shop gave him two bays to work out of.... one for trans jobs and another for just regular work. 

Back in the day dealers had to have all the special tools for transmission work it was a pain. I didn't do a whole lot of em, cuz I would condemn the trans and just order a exchange unit. I would just have to call the district service rep and tell him whats up. He would always say "just make sure all you paper work is on point" Everything had to be documented.... RO's time stamped and return paper work filled out. One missed time stamp or paper work not filled out properly Honda would kick the claim back to the dealer..... and that was not good.... but me and the district rep was tight, he knew that the dealer was not the best place for internal trans work... Parts didn't stock any parts for em.. it just wasn't working out.

Today is my Friday cuz The BOSS and I will be leaving for Ocean City Md tomorrow. It's gonna be good to get away. Been crazy busy at the shop this week haven't been getting home till late. But it's nice to know all the bills will be paid when we leave;)

OK... coffee done, grandson on the bus.... gotta roll..

A good day to all... and yea it's getting cold here too:(

MKP :-)

• Like 5

On 11/15/2016 at 0:44 PM, Tarheel said:

Sorry Luther.  I agree with others.  A guy with your talents will always be in demand.  In the mean time want to come over to NC and install a supercharger on my new toy?

11598187.1475333587120.E82E952924B14E8FACF1F48B1DFA6B84[1].jpg

SWEET..I'm a huge Honda fan, especially their bikes, but that is one of the best looking sport cars on the road. I really like the shape....can I drive it?:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weber said:

Good morning peoples 

It's been a great fall so far, temperature wise...in the 60s and 70s. Saturday it's only going to get up to the mid 40s.... I hate cold weather, and it's only going to get worser. 

:(

Great weather here too....72 today and tomorrow. Then we get a visit from a huge storm, mostly rain for us, but maybe a lot of snow just north.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Just last night at dinner I got a comment about wearing a sweater with sandals.  60s and 70s here too till Sunday then the high is suppose to reach 52

Saturday night it's supposed to get down to the upper 30's or lower 40's here.  We'll be going to a bon fire that night.  There's a winery here about 20 miles from our house that has a big party the Saturday before Thanksgiving every year.  The owner normally invites about 50 or so friends and family.  Food and cigars (Cubans this year!) and the bon fire are provided.  All you have to do is buy whatever wine you drink.  It's always a great time, can't wait!  The cool weather will be perfect for this.

• Like 4

Just now, Ceptorman said:

That looks very clean, congrats. Fun to drive I'll bet. Are you really considering a supercharger?

Half heartedly.  I have talked with one speed shop and they asked what kind of power I wanted and what my budget is.  The car makes 240 hp and is around 2800 pounds.  325hp would be great though they can get much more out of it.  Looking around $5000 turn key but they will most likely want more than that.  I think any more than 325hp I would have to beef up other parts.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Saturday night it's supposed to get down to the upper 30's or lower 40's here.  We'll be going to a bon fire that night.  There's a winery here about 20 miles from our house that has a big party the Saturday before Thanksgiving every year.  The owner normally invites about 50 or so friends and family.  Food and cigars (Cubans this year!) and the bon fire are provided.  All you have to do is buy whatever wine you drink.  It's always a great time, can't wait!  The cool weather will be perfect for this.

Carl, that sounds great, have a good time.

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Carl, that sounds great, have a good time.

Thanks Jim.  I can't think of how many forum friends would also enjoy this.  I wish everyone was closer.

This winery specializes in berry wines, they're outstanding.  He's also on of the few that makes raisin wine as well.  It's very potent and really reminds me of the dandelion wine that my father used to make.

• Like 3

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Thanks Jim.  I can't think of how many forum friends would also enjoy this.  I wish everyone was closer.

This winery specializes in berry wines, they're outstanding.  He's also on of the few that makes raisin wine as well.  It's very potent and really reminds me of the dandelion wine that my father used to make.

Living close to Michigan as I do, there are a lot of wineries just a bit north that make very good "normal" red and whites, but also berry wines that are always fun to try.  Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries grow over literally thousands of acres around here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Living close to Michigan as I do, there are a lot of wineries just a bit north that make very good "normal" red and whites, but also berry wines that are always fun to try.  Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries grow over literally thousands of acres around here.

During the holidays he sells a ton of cranberry wine.  It has a hint of tartness to it and is great at the Thanksgiving table.  I can't link his site due to the firewall here at work but google Bruno and George winery.

• Like 1