Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

30 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

All of them

Notice Carl disappeared shortly after his last slushie?  He

is like that.

BTW if you go to billybob's house get him to pull out those duffle bags under the bed.  Completely stuffed with hundreds and there must 12 of them:mellow:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

thank you for the kind words...one question though...how many martinis have you had tonight?

None, I actually went bowling with my brother last night.  I've been trying really hard to only drink on the weekends and have been fairly successful at it.  I will however slip up from time to time but last night wasn't one of those times.  I've also switched gears from vodka to bourbon lately.  Don't know why, maybe the colder weather.

Billybob, wherever you are, I hope you're doing OK.

• Like 2

Mornin' all. It's finally starting to look like winter in Colorado. It was so dry and warm that I was actually watering on Wednesday. By Thursday it was snowing. Shoulda known.

Gotta start Thanksgiving preps for the mob that is coming, including a favorite bro-in-law from Calif.

Chuck ...thanks for thinking of us. Really missing our Baxter boy.

Have a great Friday everyone.

• Like 6

Good morning all.

Ahhhhhh NO shop/work til next Monday:D The BOSS and I are just chillin at the house for a bit, sipping on coffee. Well be leaving a little later today. Just got the grandson on the bus. 

Man it was one crazy busy week at the shop. Didn't get home before 9:00 every night. But all the end of month bills are paid and got the rent money for December....oh yea..... Before we left last night I checked the Pilot over for the trip, didn't really need anything. Just checked tire pressure and fluids also cleaned the windshield and put on some Rain-x. That Rain-x is some great stuff. Also cleaned the shop up to get ready for my return next Monday. I hate walking into a messy work shop. 

I'm having a tough time trying to sell that Acura RSX I got a few weeks back. I got it all running good and cleaned up... looks and runs great!! Put it on the CL, got lots of calls but people seem scared of the mileage and it not state inspected. what do ya want for $2500... So when we get back I'm going to take it for state inspection... that's a BIG selling point in our state. Md has one of the toughest state inspection in the country. I was a state inspector at one dealer I worked at long ago. The inspections are all state police governed. There is quite a tough written test you have to take( I failed that three times:() and then the state trooper comes out to the shop and give a test around a car. You have to show that you know what the he!! your doing. He'll also ask question about the inspection manual and if you don't know the answer you better know where to find it in the manual. I failed the walk around once... He past me the second time. After the Trooper past me the next month he said to me "do you know why I'm such a A$$ hole?" I'm like ahhhh no.... He goes on to explain to me when he allows a new inspector to come into his inspection territory he want's to be 100% confident in his inspector. If the owner of the car disagrees with the inspector failing things on there car, the owner has the right to have the state trooper come out and make the final call on the failed items. He tells me if he gets called out he wants the confidence that he's going to side with his inspectors. 

The trooper will come out the the shop every month and check over the paper work.... and OMG don't let him find anything wrong... if he does you'll have to re-do the paper work and he might have you bring the car back in for his inspection if it's still on the lot. All the used cars must be state inspected before there sold. The troopers have the power to not only fine the inspectors but they can also put points on the inspectors driver's licence... and if you get caught "selling" a state inspection... your done for..... 1st you'll never be a state inspector in Md again 2nd you'll most likely get 12 points on your driver's licence which means you not driving for awhile. 

We don't have yearly inspection here... The cars are only inspected if the car is sold. You can sell a car un-inspected but the new owner must get it inspected before it's tagged......Yea... Md. state inspections what a pain...

Oh there's one more bonus when you move to the great state of Md. Once your all done getting your car through the inspection you get to pay sales tax on it before you get your tags. That's right....You'll be hit with 6% Md sales tax that you have to pay. I new someone that bought a new Toyota truck here in Md. he paid his sales tax at time of purchase. He moved to FL. for a few years and then came back to Md. He had to get the Toyota inspected and pay sales tax on it again. What a scam...

Well I just rambled on quite a bit:lol:..... A good Friday to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

• Moderators

When you say inspection are you talking about the sticker they put on the windshield ? Down here there called "brake tags", if so now Mississippi canceled that, it's no longer used. It was BS anyway, one part was inspecting the front glass for cracks that were in the line of view, but most inspectors would just say, that crack wasn't there when I put this sticker on right ?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Billybob, wherever you are, I hope you're doing OK.

I talked with Billy this morning. He wants me to relay a shout out 'thanks' to you all for wondering about him. He said he's doing okay, and he is too busy to post right now but will again soon.

Hurry back Billybob :emotion-21: 

• Like 7

When the mandatory helmet to ride a motorcycle was repealed in Ky, a few conditions had to be met. After that and a few $, they gave you a sticker to be on the back of the motorcycle (not an endorsement on the rider's licence) ....which meant that, if I qualified, I couldn't ride a bike w/out a bucket on my head if the other bike didn't have a sticker. And nonqualified riders could ride my bike without a helmet.   

No rules of the road changed. It was all about the money. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dtel said:

When you say inspection are you talking about the sticker they put on the windshield ?

We don't have have those stickers here... the ones that show the date of inspection.  Once the car is inspected that's it no more inspections till it's re-registered.... I think yearly inspection is the way to go. 

57 minutes ago, dtel said:

one part was inspecting the front glass for cracks that were in the line of view, but most inspectors would just say, that crack wasn't there when I put this sticker on right ?

In Md the windshield is broken down into three section: the non critical area, the critical area, and the acute area... each section having it's own allowable crack or chip.... 3/4", 1/2" and 1/4" .... what :pwk_bs:  How can a state be so damn tough for inspection but you don't have to get it inspected again for as long as you own the car..... again what :pwk_bs:....

12 minutes ago, Weber said:
23 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Yes, I want the people driving around me to have reliable equipment.

+1

+2

Over the years I've had people decline safety repairs on there cars.... If it's that bad I'll make them sing a waver before the car is driven off my lot... if they don't want to sing a waver I'll tell them I'm calling the state police and file a report!! That crapp ain't coming back on me...

Some people think it's a damn joke.... like things don't happen to cars to cause an accident...

MKP :-)

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Weber said:

I talked with Billy this morning. He wants me to relay a shout out 'thanks' to you all for wondering about him. He said he's doing okay, and he is too busy to post right now but will again soon.

Hurry back Billybob :emotion-21: 

Great news!

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

We have yearly inspections in Texas.  I think it's a good thing.  People will drive on bald tires with belts showing.  They will run their brake pads down to the rotors.  Yes, I want the people driving around me to have reliable equipment.

True but the inspections were fake, nothing like years ago. 

• Like 4