Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The 8 O'Clock went down smoothly.  After a balmy 70 on Friday, with snow yesterday, it's 36 and clear today in Southeast Michigan.

Since the Lions play on Thursday, no local interest game today.  

Happy weekend and Happy Thanksgiving.  Let those you love know you're grateful they're in your life.

• Like 5

Afternoon all....

Working on 2nd cup of Kona coffee this morning and this will is the only blend we brought with us.

Pouring the coffee out of this pot requires some mad skills, it's a bit deformed:blink2:..... Gonna be without the BUNN for the next several days....

Cool weather here at the ocean, a few clouds but mostly clear skies.... 

Gonna roll out of our room and go to the omlet place. This place only serves omlets and they are on another level. We get lump crab meat, mushrooms and spinach in ours. We found this place a few years ago and we eat there most evey day. 

Check in later....

MKP :-)

IMG_20161120_121854.jpg

IMG_20161120_122909.jpg

• Like 6

Morning gang

Two cups and breakfast done,

I suppose we should be resting up for a busy week.

Thanksgiving will be a little different this year, wife tending to her wrist puts a cramp on our fixin's.

Decided on Black Angus, let the Chef's cook for a change.

Good Day

14705689_660664344104916_4237936894090543842_n.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Pete H said:

Happy Winter gang!   Drinking my second pot of DD and watching it snow.  

And I thought I was freezing last night with a low of 35 :o 60 right now which is a little cool, favorite is 70. Yes I'm a sissy :)

• Like 3

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, minermark said:

Thanksgiving will be a little different this year,

It will be about the same here, to much food, but some things we don't normally cook so that's always good for a change up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Since the Lions play on Thursday, no local interest game today.

Oops, I assumed the Lions wouldn't play today due to the game on Thursday.  I was wrong. Assumptions are dangerous.  The Lions played and beat the Jaguars 26 - 19.  Next up the Vikings on Thanksgiving.  

The local convenience store is open on Thanksgiving.  I asked the owner why they're open, he said, "If the Lions win, we'll sell more beer.  If the Lions lose, we'll sell more beer."

• Like 3

Fire looks nice and warm. Like a guy reminded me the other day, you can take off your clothes in hot weather and still be too hot, or you can bundle up for warmth in cold weather and stay warm enough, I choose cold after this last summer. Cool weather setting in this past weekend and I say high times.

Spoke with Weber last Friday finding out he has maybe enough firewood and other cool things going on. Guess I should have been born farther north.

Thanks for the call James and thanks  for missing me a bit some of you. My other place in town has a different e-mail address so did not want to have to reactivate to that computer to respond to what have been reading here. Local strategy selling audio stuff not doing so swell at the moment. May have to post some items here again. So finally on my minimalist program. Do little, drink little, say little. Sortof goes with my knowing very little. Will be having Thanksgiving here with the cats later this week. So howdy for now then and:

Was sorry to hear about Baxter's passing.

Thanks Neil for the good wishes for the Thanksgiving week.

No supercharger needed Tarheel and Vermont doing industrial hemp growing and watch out for non-FDA supplement company going public likely to fund a CBD oil with health claims that should do well. Could be a good revenue stream source. A source  for some background generally is here:

https://www.ruralvermont.org/issues-main/agricultural-hemp/

I-Hub has a good pot section with what is happening in the sector there Tarheel. Let me know if you should want/ need more specifics...:)

Thanks and safe travels to you all!

• Like 5

People were concerned.  Glad you're alive and well.

I don't follow the email remote posting issue you describe.  I was able to post from China a few weeks ago.  Email had nothing to do with it.  Your situation could be different.

Best wishes.

• Like 4

Thanks Neil and thanks for the reminding me to look for my latest password here which I did not have on new computer there.

Bet that is the problem.

One of Nancy's nieces and her boyfriend have been doing some teaching in China for the past 5 years and come back once a year for a visit. There just has to be some attractions to a place so huge and vibrant an economy in recent times.

Know BSM wrote the rules but I did pm Tarheel a couple of months ago that I was busy doing some stuff. Not that easy to run me off for good...yet.

Thanks Carl! Like the bonfire. OT sees a witch.

• Like 4

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!  Hope everyone is able to enjoy time with the people who matter in your lives this week!  (BESIDES the wonderful folk on the forum!)

Had a chance to listen to a friends Definitive Technology Speakers this weekend - not bad - especially for movies.  While the side firing sub thing didn't work that well for me, I could see where someone would get used to that.

For a Thanksgiving spirit, for those who enjoy whiskey, I would recommend a (new to me) bottle of Sheep Dip.  Quite smooth!  Also enjoying the Sam Adams Winter Lager for the beer crowd!

SO much to be thankful for this year!  Specifically family and HEALTH!  For those facing the health battle, prayers with you right now.

Have a great week!  Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 8