Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, akdave said:

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!  Hope everyone is able to enjoy time with the people who matter in your lives this week! 

Very true, and I sure have alot to be thankful for, including people I have met  and talked with here. :emotion-19:

• Like 6

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It took most of the day Sunday to recover.  We went from the winery to my house.  6 of us played Cards Against Humanity until our faces hurt from laughing then watched music videos till 2 a m.  It was great though.

Sounds like a great time, love having fires like that, everyone always seems to have a good time around a fire.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, dtel said:

Sounds like a great time, love having fires like that, everyone always seems to have a good time around a fire.

Later on.

It's amazing how much heat those things put out.  You don't notice it till you leave and it starts getting colder and colder the farther you go from the fire.

20161119_182200.jpg

• Like 6

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Weber said:

I heat my house using only wood in the stove. I love bon fires and camp fires, but the nerd in me can't help to think about the energy lost. :mellow:

I do also, wood stove and the rest of your statement fits what I have thought. As much as I like fires outside I sit thinking I could heat the house for weeks with that much heat in the stove. 

Now don't panic, I completely understand the fear and shock that would come with the fact you and I think the same on some things, :o:huh: But you can find refuge in knowing you are normal and just have a few odd ideas which just happen to align with my abnormal ones...............I guess :blink:

:P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Weber said:

How does that compare to the Alaska Outlaw?

Huge grain of salt with my recommendation - I am NOT an aficionado!  I have yet to try AK Outlaw.  Good question - I saw the AK Outlaw and need to try it! 

Since the maker, Alaska Distillery is less than 3 miles from my home, I guess I owe it to them to at least give them a try!  My first foray into bourbon/whiskey was with Makers Mark about 8 years ago.  So I'm a noob in this arena!

Enjoyed the sheep dip though, fwiw, and figured I'd pass it along. :)

• Like 4

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Have some courtesy

Have some sympathy And some taste

Use all your well earned politesse

Or he'll lay your soul to waste

Reminds me of a joke

One Sunday a church full of people at a service was shocked to see the devil himself appear in the front, everyone got up and ran out except for one old man. The devil looked at the man and asked why didn't you run like everyone else ? The old man stood up and said I am not scared of you one bit, the devil looked surprised and asked why ? The old man smiled and said I married your sister 40 years ago, you can't compete with her !

• Like 9

Spoiler

Evening gang...

Billybob......great to see you post my man and good vibes your way......

Love the bonfire Carl.......Nice

Just checking in......another day of doing alot of nothing here at the ocean. This was the 1st weekday down here and the alarm went off on The BOSS's phone this morning for us to get up for work:o.

Oh no, it was quickly turned off and turned off for the rest of the week......

We brought most of our food, we even brought a turkey. We cooked the turkey last night, yea bit early...We eat out once a day at the omlet place.

Just been laying low, trying to relax...... it's hard for me to get out of "shop mode"......but I must say it was nice to not go to work this moring after the alarm went off.....

Later......

MKP :-)

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, akdave said:

Since the maker, Alaska Distillery is less than 3 miles from my home, I guess I owe it to them to at least give them a try!

I think that I have every flavor that they make. None of it is cheap, then there's shipping to here. If you like sipping vodka just to check out the flavors, then it's good stuff. I have tried several top-shelf offerings from here and none have beat the Alaska Vodkas. I'm waiting to get more, hopefully it will be here soon.

* Disclaimer: Although I have it here, I haven't tried the Smoked Salmon flavor yet.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Weber said:

I think that I have every flavor that they make. None of it is cheap, then there's shipping to here. If you like sipping vodka just to check out the flavors, then it's good stuff. I have tried several top-shelf offerings from here and none have beat the Alaska Vodkas. I'm waiting to get more, hopefully it will be here soon.

* Disclaimer: Although I have it here, I haven't tried the Smoked Salmon flavor yet.

That says something since you're from Kentucky!  Well - I may have to swing by the store on the way home! 

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Just been laying low, trying to relax...... it's hard for me to get out of "shop mode"......but I must say it was nice to not go to work this moring after the alarm went off.....

Good for you, you both deserve to take a break with everything this past year, now remember you only real job this week is to keep the wife/Boss happy, this should be easy. 

Enjoy the time off........

• Like 5