Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 minutes ago, Weber said:

They really are, IMHO. I threw money at Godiva, Grey Goose and such to AB them, but they fall short. 

really?  Grey Goose falls short to the Alaskan vodka, or just within the flavored ones?  I don't drink much of anything any more these days.  but back in the day - my 2nd adolescence in my 30's - I really liked Stoli, Grey Goose, Belvedere was good, and probably some others I don't remember.  (don't know why that would be :mellow:)   Absolut - not so much.  I'd take it if you bought it for me, but normally wouldn't choose it on my own.

but the Alaskan beats those?  wow.  impressive

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, -js- said:

but the Alaskan beats those?  wow.  impressive

In both texture and flavor, IMO. 

I have a knight cap mixt drink about every night. It's been months since I've sipped a flavored vodka. If challenged, I would sit confidently that i would not be let down by sending them to battle. 

I'm not claiming that Klipsch Speakers or Alaska Vodka can't be beat. I will say that one will have to lighten the wallet to do so. 

• Like 3

You boys have a good holiday. I'm off to Dave's neck of the woods tomorrow for eats with Mom and sisters. My 15 y.o. will be doing all the driving he can stand (learner's permit) and he needs to log some of his 30 hour requirement; I'm sure that I will need to give him AND MYSELF some breaks during that time. I'll finally break down and get my carry license while there as it is 1/2 of the price here. WX man says we should expect rain all day on trip route.

• Like 3

Travel safely Mike.  I've read where there may be a record amount of traffic this year at Thanksgiving.  On one hand I'm glad we're not traveling but on the other hand, we'll have a house full.  I love company and seeing family but normally in moderation.  The wife however is giddy at the prospect so what are you going to do????

• Like 3

Hey gang ...back again. 'Puter now has a clean bill of health from the Geeks, even though they had to clean out like 6 items of malware from it. Glad those guys are around for non-tech folks like me.

Getting ready for annual Thanksgiving mob. Picked up fresh turkey and turkey breast from Whole Paycheck yesterday and fixin' to smoke it a couple of hours (after brining) with pecan wood. (It then gets transferred to the oven at which point it is no longer my problem). Whole Paycheck is the expensive way to go, but it's once a year and eliminates all previously expressed concerns about gluten (who the hell puts wheat in a turkey?), preservatives, ad nauseum.

Good to be back.

• Like 6

Morning gang

Taking the day off from taking extended days off.

Date day with the wife, up the hill(s), dont know what she has in mind

other than Bring the wallet.

Rest of new antenna goodies arriving daily, good wintertime  project.

"New" (Again) GPS radio for the Dodge has arrived.

Turkey day almost here, Chef(s) will do the meal this year, NO Reno this time.

Everyone have a safe Turkeyday.

31033887572_892048d146(1).jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, minermark said:

Jensen seemed to have the best one at this time, in 04 they did not offer a GPS unit for a 3500 Dodge.

Just replaced a $1500 Alpine unit that came in my daughters 4Runner with the Jensen VX-7022 (Amazon special for $249)......I like the Jensen about 10 times more....

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JEFKlipsch said:

Just replaced a $1500 Alpine unit that came in my daughters 4Runner with the Jensen VX-7022 (Amazon special for $249)......I like the Jensen about 10 times more....

Paid aprox $3bones from "Sonic Electronix"  VX7020

My (RangeRover) unit from China turned out to be a POS, during a PayPal refund senerio, i shopped.

Drimmel will make this critter fit, that and a couple of libations during install.

• Like 7

Yeah...usually buy from Sonic Electronix...but they didn't have it in stock at the time and only had a week before she went back to college. They earn my business about 95% of the time....always had great experience with them. Love they usually include all the installation hardware with purchase.

Libations during install....but of course...that's a given  B)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, JEFKlipsch said:

Yeah...usually buy from Sonic Electronix...but they didn't have it in stock at the time and only had a week before she went back to college. They earn my business about 95% of the time....always had great experience with them. Love they usually include all the installation hardware with purchase.

Libations during install....but of course...that's a given  B)

Just learned of them after being done with the "Bay" shopping for a more LOCAL vendor.

I must have spent 3hours on their site trying to decide.

Install Hardware, iv got a boatload already, but i did notice they include it with most deals.

• Like 6

On 11/3/2016 at 7:55 AM, Weber said:

Just because  

WTF? Not your post Weber, but why is it in my post???? Please Klipsch gods explain how to make this stop happening. Anyway....

Well its almost Thanksgiving. Everyone have a safe and fun Holiday. I'm off to the LA airport this evening to pick up my niece. She will be arriving about 6 pm from Peru. Then its off to pick up a rental car( a Suburban??) and she'll follow me back home. Hopefully this will take less than 6 hours but I'm not holding my breath.There'll be eight of us at my house on Thanksgiving, I'm so looking forward to it. I'll be barbequeing a 22 pound turkey and we'll have most of the other fixin's. What's not to enjoy and be Thankful for? Food, family, friends and libations.

Oh yea and Football..This is America C'MON!

• Like 7