Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

In the 70s I couldn't convince my then 78 year-old grandmother to wear a seat belt.  She figured she hadn't needed one yet, so why start now.  You can't argue, successfully, with a septuagenarian.

argued the same thing with my Uncle.  He said, “If i wear the seatbelt and get in an accident, it might save my life. Then i’d encounter all kinds of stuff that i’m not really interested in anyway.”  He lived to 85 and died of cancer.  When he was “death Imminent” at the hospital, nurse came to take some blood. He asked why. She said “doctor’s orders.” He refused and said, “what...is he going to tell me that i’m sick?”  He died later that day.

• Like 8

• Moderators

OK pre cooking is done everything in the refrigerator until baking in the AM, the hard part's over.

Turkey, ham, crawfish cornbread, mirliton dressing with sausage, shrimp and ham, baked macaroni/cheese, sweet potato (with a sweet syrup), artichoke casserole (different romano cheese, italian bread crumbs among other things), green bean casserole, Italian salad.  My sisters are bringing Broccoli, egg and cheese Quiche, and desserts.

And i'm probably forgetting something     

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Weber said:

<edit>

Failed from my phone

The pic above is what I have in hand here. It's at my folks. My dad and I go in halves. Wouldn't know about it except my brother introduced it to us. 

Ooohhh cutting you off is going to be a big job!  

Btw - first taste of the Alaska distillery tonight - wonderful!  Tried the blueberry vodka - can't believe it's been right here this whole time!  Thanks for the tip!!

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Weber said:

We don't run out. :emotion-46:

We probably would run out, after looking at the pic we would end up running out in the yard acting silly. :blink:

Nice collection, we need to try that, I told the wife about it and were going to look for it, or see if it can be ordered online.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Fattner said:

I don't know ,I have always love the big look of the huge klipsch speakers and I thinking a want a vintage system !! Thx for a cool web site !!

I like the way you think, don't blame you at all.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Nice collection, we need to try that, I told the wife about it and were going to look for it, or see if it can be ordered online.

It's something different, we keep enough other offerings that the flavored vodka doesn't get sampled daily. It's usually special gatherings, like today, that someone new will get introduced to them. 

The homemade beer is and equally special treat.  :emotion-22:

• Like 4