Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, Weber said:

It's something different, we keep enough other offerings that the flavored vodka doesn't get sampled daily. It's usually special gatherings, like today, that someone new will get introduced to them. 

The homemade beer is and equally special treat.  :emotion-22:

Grey Goose usedvto have flavored berries to drop in. The blueberry was amazing. A couple of those and a couple blues and we were good to go. Is the Alaskan available by you WEB?

• Like 3

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours.................just took this photo for you all, as I get the breakfast started...   Coffee about to be poured into the two competitor's mugs :lol: !   (there is even a cable in the mix)..

Enjoy your day my friends....

.............GaryIMG_1413.jpg

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours.................just took this photo for you all, as I get the breakfast started...   Coffee about to be poured into the two competitor's mugs :lol: !   (there is even a cable in the mix)..

Enjoy your day my friends....

.............GaryIMG_1413.jpg

Cool pic Gary.....Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

• Like 5

Good morning.  

While enjoying a cup of freshly ground 8 O'Clock Colombian, the wife is complaining that whole bean coffee seems to cost more per cup than ground.  I think she's wrong, but it does seem that DIY grinding is more for freshness than cost.  What do you think?

What are sources of quality whole bean coffee in bulk?  What is the shelf-life of whole bean?  What is the best way to store whole bean; to refrigerate or not?

We (that's the royal we, it's usually me, the early riser) tend to grind tomorrow's coffee the night before so the sound of the grinder doesn't awaken sleeping beauty.  How much do we lose in freshness?

If the answer is, "a lot" perhaps a set of noise cancelling headphones would make a good Christmas gift, if I can just get her to sleep in them.

You didn't expect a quiz on Thanksgiving morning.  Be grateful you're alive and have enough firing synapses.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

What is the shelf-life of whole bean?

Much longer than ground coffee. It will start to degrade the moment you grind the beans. Overnight shouldn't really be a problem, though.

Was up at 5:30 so I could take my wife to work. She is putting in an extra 12 hours today (double time!). I'm home painting in our family/music/tv room.

Bruce

• Like 3

The sixth child has died from the bus crash in Chattanooga, I found out Tuesday that one of the deceased, a nine year old girl, is the God daughter of an acquaintance. This is tough for all. Interesting thing is the driver had no evidence of drugs or alcohol in his system. He was not following his designated route, which put him on a narrower winding road.

Bruce

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The sixth child has died from the bus crash in Chattanooga, I found out Tuesday that one of the deceased, a nine year old girl, is the God daughter of an acquaintance. This is tough for all. Interesting thing is the driver had no evidence of drugs or alcohol in his system. He was not following his designated route, which put him on a narrower winding road.

Bruce

Tragic Bruce and many families grieving today:(

• Like 3