Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, minermark said:

At least eight welders i found looking around, six were DC and they were Millers, the Bad Boys of the welding trade.

Hey Mark I know Miller makes some real cool little Tig/stick welders. My dad has a old Econo-tig that's kinda cool but it's miller's older stuff. 

I've never used one of these but they seem really flexible Tig/Stick both A/C D/C  

MKP :-)

dynasty_210_rebate.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Hey Mark I know Miller makes some real cool little Tig/stick welders. My dad has a old Econo-tig that's kinda cool but it's miller's older stuff. 

I've never used one of these but they seem really flexible Tig/Stick both A/C D/C  

dynasty_210_rebate.jpg

I looked at these and 50 more, these are one the pricey side of life, i also still need to hit the airgas store for as bottle of Argon/C02 mix, and that just tacks on another $2Bones...........Sooo, im shopping. 

Coffee is done, getting some and the Bay/AmaZone are calling......

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

When The BOSS and I first got together.... many many years before this shop thing we have. We were talking about what bills we each had. My weekly tool bill came up and she asked me "when is it going to be paid off?".... I said it'll probably never be paid off"  She really didn't understand.... I finally said something like "I'll always have a tool bill as long as I'm a mechanic!!" .... It wasn't until she she started working in the shop some 18 years ago that she got it.... Now I tell her what I'm looking for and she'll find it;)

God I got it good.....  I got a woman that love Klipsch/audio gear, she buys my tools and loves to go to the junk yard..... one of our 1st dates was to the junk yard...

Does she love YOUR tool or it that a pack of Rolaids in your pocket?

Mark

• Like 3

What's up all?

I spent last night talking to and sending pictures to Paul of Manymoons audio.  I had a couple Carver pieces recapped and it appears I've been ripped off.  I was going to send them to him but he was 8 months out on work.  I should have just waited:(  Someone's going to get a reaming today, wish me luck.

Thanks again for your help Paul @paul79  Figured I'd ping you as you don't hit this thread often.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

What's up all?

I spent last night talking to and sending pictures to Paul of Manymoons audio.  I had a couple Carver pieces recapped and it appears I've been ripped off.  I was going to send them to him but he was 8 months out on work.  I should have just waited:(  Someone's going to get a reaming today, wish me luck.

Thanks again for your help Paul @paul79  Figured I'd ping you as you don't hit this thread often.

Carl, I know there's a few guys on thecarversite that do re-cap and repair work. I have never sent anything thing off to them, but most everone seems very happy with the work..... to my understanding most do it for just the cost of the parts..... and a few do the "BillD" mod work to some of the gear.

I've been wanting to send my C-1 pre-amp off for some work....

• Like 5