Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang...

OMG what a day..... I am soooo backed up at the shop it's nuts...... I got a couple cars at the shop that won't even make it in the shop till next week. I've had this old 07 Ford Taurus at the shop for the last couple days. The rear wheel brake cylinders were starting to leak. I wanted to use Ford OEM wheel cylinders, they weren't a lot of money and I figured the original ones lasted all this time I would use the Ford ones. I put both of them on and had The BOSS jump in the car to help be bleed out the air.... When I thought we were done I see all this brake fluid dripping out of left side brake drum.... The NEW wheel cylinder had blown out :mad:.... Too use the word "PISSED" is a understatement , once I calmed down I got a wheel cylinder from the local parts store for 7 bucks..... The Chinese 7 dollar one didn't leak.....

Also the used car guys have been pounding on me since I got back from our vacation Monday to get there stuff done... The one used car guy got a little "flip" with me this evening. They DO NOT care what my shop has going on.  Today was not the day to poke a stick at me.... I took all there parts and keys back over to there office and told em to stick it up there A$$.  There were a few other thing I informed him about that I can't say here. 

It's not like they have customers ready to buy these cars that need work..... and I understand if there is someone ready to but a car, I put it 1st on my list.... and it's not like there are 10-20 cars I gotta work on..... It's four cars that need some brake work and some other :pwk_bs: and I did one of the cars Monday...... and two of there cars are not even on the lot... there at the clean-up shop...

The cherry on top was the water pipe that started leaking in the shop later in the day.... water leaking all in my bay..... what a mess...

Anyway the day is over......  in the words of one of the best service managers I worked for ..... "This too shall pass"

MKP :-)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I remember the Monkeys but don't think I've ever heard that one Steve.

Did you know that Mike Nesmith of The Monkees wrote the Linda Ronstadt hit “Different Drum?”  I do not know if he had to use any of his mother’s Liquid Paper while he wrote that tune. 

• Like 8

Morning.

Coffee flowing :emotion-44::emotion-44:... Getting ready to roll out for another days adventure.... lol lol 

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Mark don't you just love the salesmen?

Ahhhh NO! :P

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Everything is sold in their mind,

You got that 100% right Carl...... 

I call the one used car guy "Sticky Turd" cuz he's like a piece of crapp ya can't wipe off  he's relentless.  They are brothers and they got the used car lot from there dad. Both of these guys have quite a bit of coin behind them. They come with that "entitlement" attitude.... 

What concerns me is, my/our landlord is not in the best of health and when he kicks the bucket these two will buy the place. If this happens I probably won't have my shop any more.

They offered the landlord 800k for the place last year. The landlord won't sell it to them for a lump sum. The landlord want's to finance them for 15 years. But when you do the math they would end up paying close to 1.3 mill. My landlord got this place from his dad back in the 70's for 21K. He would get killed in taxes if he took the lump sum. 

I was hearing all about last year when he wouldn't sell.....again that "entitlement" was in the air.... They were pissed cuz they couldn't get what THEY wanted! 

I have been at my shop now for over 18 years. I know every shop in town that has done work for these two. Over the years all of the other shop owners ask me "how the he!! do you stand those guys?" The other shop owners have told me there war stories about these two... 

I have been in the auto business for over 30 years and I know all too well how salesmen are.... but these two are on another level...

Enough of this... today is a new day.... and it's gonna be a good one:D

A good day to all..

MKP :-)

• Like 5

An astute salesman should know nothing is sold until a PO is in hand, period. Anything else is just talk. You know, the money talks bullshitt walks sort of thing. A good salesman is relentless and persistent but has to present in a "hi, I'm here to help you" manner with evidence and knowledge that proves as much. Depending on your industry rude and in-your-face tactics ain't gonna get it. When your customers are actually glad you made the effort to include them on a trip to their area and treat you like just one of the guys the battle is won. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richieb said:

An astute salesman should know nothing is sold until a PO is in hand, period. Anything else is just talk. You know, the money talks bullshitt walks sort of thing. A good salesman is relentless and persistent but has to present in a "hi, I'm here to help you" manner with evidence and knowledge that proves as much. Depending on your industry rude and in-your-face tactics ain't gonna get it. When your customers are actually glad you made the effort to include them on a trip to their area and treat you like just one of the guys the battle is won. 

Of course, you are correct.

I don't think Mark or I ever used the word "good".  We were talking about the stereotypical guys we have to deal with every day.  There's a reason that stereotype exists (unfortunately). 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

My landlord got this place from his dad back in the 70's for 21K. He would get killed in taxes if he took the lump sum

My heart pumps peanut butter for him. Don't you just love people who are going to have $780K dumped in their laps complaining about having to pay taxes on it? Jeesh! I wish I had such problems of abundance.

• Like 2