Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'm right in the middle of a major home improvement project, doing it all myself. I did not Klipsch.jpgwant to sand, primer, and paint drywall over the top of my speakers so I moved them to the bedroom. I forgot how big and heavy these things are. They even look impressive from the backside.

• Like 6

Evening gang

Farm run, and day of recovery followed.

Miller 200 W/Argon Tank .....Free

Sprayed unit last night for critters.

Today, pull cover and see if it's worth restoring.

By the looks, less than a hundred hours tops.

All factory wiring great shape, deviation would be the pic showing the three power wires to the switch.

Other than those wires, well worth having a wire feed argon rig for maybe $300 in upgrades.

30995314800_137fc11b28.jpg

31249374391_c7bbafcf2b.jpg

30556662793_5121bf63b3.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, minermark said:

Miller 200 W/Argon Tank .....Free

Nice Mark.... I have always liked the Miller welding machines. I used a Miller TIG when I was in welding school. The Miller MIG also laid nicer beads that the Lincoln. I have a Lincoln MIG at the shop.... it gets the job done but I would love to upgrade to Miller....

I love playing with metal....

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Good Friday morning gang

Earlier pic of the MIG internal power had :

Blk

Red

Grn   to Frame ground, makes sense.

Plug end was a little different:

Blk

Red

Wht

It seems a four conductor cord only using three wires confused someone:o

Enough with Cables, time for some Coffee.......:emotion-44::emotion-21:

31227210322_8a675b11c8.jpg

• Like 3

Catching up from sometime back, Ya-All were posting Youngin Pic's "Of Yourself(s)"

Looking for fitting's eariler, Digging in the Mancave Archives, (Overhead Totes)

I found one of me, about 1960/62 i believe, long beach.

Dad's Dry Sub, first model, and this would do 600'.

31334874716_3f8396ec90.jpg

• Like 4

Morning all, 

Coffee going down :emotion-44::emotion-44:... The BOSS picked a few more new coffee blends this week. 

Starting too see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as the work load goes at the shop. Next week is just about booked up. Believe me I'll take, cuz the river of work can and will dry up quick. Historically December has always been our busiest month, I don't know why nor do I care.

Got a 06 Acura TL towed in yesterday. The guy that owns it has been coming to the shop for years. Every time I call him to tell him what he needs he takes a big deep breath and sighs.... It's so funny. When I'm on the phone with him The BOSS will start messing with me..... she sighs.... 

So the used car guy that I had a problem with made "nice" yesterday. His brother came over to the shop and spoke with me. He know's how his brother is. He was saying to me " my brother doesn't realize what comes out of his mouth and the way it comes off"...... Anyway it's over, time too move......till next time:laugh:.... I hope not, I don't like discord in the work place.

1 hour ago, minermark said:

Dad's Dry Sub, first model, and this would do 600'.

So Mark you went down in that thing?:blink2: 

Image result for voyage to the bottom of the sea

The new coffee blend.... good stuff

IMG_20161202_080844.jpg

A good Friday to all..

• Like 2

Hey gang, just checking in without a lot to say. It's starting to look a little more like winter in these parts after a warm fall. Ski resorts are opening a bit late as a result but should be at full speed by the holidays. Unlike a lot of the country, snow is a good thing out here. My re-tired Pathfinder is ready.

Mark (MKP) ... nice push back on the brothers. Bullies usually back off when you don't take their b.s.

Gonna spend time this weekend hauling boxes of Christmas stuff up from our lower level. We could decorate 2 houses with all the crap we've accumulated. Better Half unit loves all of it and it's my job to keep her happy. :D

Cheers ya'll.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Morning all, 

Coffee going down :emotion-44::emotion-44:... The BOSS picked a few more new coffee blends this week. 

Starting too see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as the work load goes at the shop. Next week is just about booked up. Believe me I'll take, cuz the river of work can and will dry up quick. Historically December has always been our busiest month, I don't know why nor do I care.

Got a 06 Acura TL towed in yesterday. The guy that owns it has been coming to the shop for years. Every time I call him to tell him what he needs he takes a big deep breath and sighs.... It's so funny. When I'm on the phone with him The BOSS will start messing with me..... she sighs.... 

So the used car guy that I had a problem with made "nice" yesterday. His brother came over to the shop and spoke with me. He know's how his brother is. He was saying to me " my brother doesn't realize what comes out of his mouth and the way it comes off"...... Anyway it's over, time too move......till next time:laugh:.... I hope not, I don't like discord in the work place.

So Mark you went down in that thing?:blink2: 

Image result for voyage to the bottom of the sea

The new coffee blend.... good stuff

IMG_20161202_080844.jpg

A good Friday to all..

Yes , went "Diving" every chance i had.

We lived in torrance in these days.

About 1966 mom and sisters went north up here to sac town,

I stayed with dad, and the party was on!, think i was 12.

Moved to Newport, Wedge.

Dad was big into Diving and the Bridge(s), his son(s) were who i ran around with, Bo mainly, back then everyone knew he was a little "oFF" .

Catalina was "The" Dive spot, dad and lloyd would Dive all day and if they did not kill the Batts Bo and i took it out.

In 68 the model 300 came out and that had two conning towers, i had my own 300 tied to the dock charging 24/7.

Could not really dive anywhere but Avalon, water is so murkey you see three feet.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Nice machine, I have a tiny dc Miller, just for stick's, it's good enough considering how much it gets used. 

Be back in a few days people, heading 3 hours West to hang out with friends. :emotion-29::emotion-46: and some :pwk_bs: .

• Like 4

5 hours ago, minermark said:

Good Friday morning gang

Earlier pic of the MIG internal power had :

Blk

Red

Grn   to Frame ground, makes sense.

Plug end was a little different:

Blk

Red

Wht

It seems a four conductor cord only using three wires confused someone:o

Enough with Cables, time for some Coffee.......:emotion-44::emotion-21:

31227210322_8a675b11c8.jpg

Mark,

Typing and looking on my phone, so I'm more limited than usual.

The three wires and one being green has all the making of ~ 230v, single phase. Green to ground and the 2 hots will go to the 2 pole breaker.

Some people will use white as ground when there are only 3 wires and only 2 are hot. White is usually the Common wire, which is a ground in the breaker box.

What amp draw does the welder's nameplate say it needs?

Edit: rereading your post, you might already know how the wiring needs to be.

• Like 3