Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thank you so kindly :biggrin:     I caught the news clip that David (news achor) did at the 6pm. news hour...   Very good.  Damn, they caught me giving a departing HUG with one of my fellow riders JUST after that group shot was taken...    Who is Gary?  HA!, one of the ONLY guys NOT wearing his official VEST!  (fifth person in from the right, took off in a rush and omitted grabbing it from the closet)  :rolleyes:...............................

• Like 5

I've been thinking about trying out some of this "coffee" you all seem to like so much. I only tried it a couple of times 45 years ago (I'm 53) and didn't care for it at all. I have very little caffeine, I wake up with a breakfast shake then mostly water all day. I seldom drink Sprite. My wife drinks a cup every morning and it does smell good. I"m not sure what she drinks, maybe a breakfast blend from a Keurig. I have always taken pride in the fact that I've never been a coffee/caffeine drinker, am I crazy to even consider this? What sayeth the mighty Klipsch forum? 

• Like 4

Good Monday Morning

Heavy Fog & 36, Coffee is Perkin

Nothing planned.

Cookies&Coffee sound pretty good.

UPS tracking,  Ammo will be in today,

One of my Farmer bud's got himself a Kel-tech 22Mag pistol.

30 rounds in the Mag!

Farm critters are sleeping with one eye open........

post-57941-0-68760000-1435492671.jpg

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I've been thinking about trying out some of this "coffee" you all seem to like so much. I only tried it a couple of times 45 years ago (I'm 53) and didn't care for it at all. I have very little caffeine, I wake up with a breakfast shake then mostly water all day. I seldom drink Sprite. My wife drinks a cup every morning and it does smell good. I"m not sure what she drinks, maybe a breakfast blend from a Keurig. I have always taken pride in the fact that I've never been a coffee/caffeine drinker, am I crazy to even consider this? What sayeth the mighty Klipsch forum? 

We can "Enhance" you're Coffee experience with a Wee-Bit of the Duggans.

PM me your address and i will drop a sample in the post.

A few here have had it, it's like Baileys.......But Better. 

• Like 6

Morning all.  Weather has been horrendous here since last week.  Saturday we set a record with over 6" of rain.  We've had about 72" for the year.  I went to my nephews to help him with a bathroom remodel this weekend as there was nothing I could do outside.  I needed to relocate his shower valve from one side of the wall to the other.  I couldn't even get to the water meter to shut it off as it was under about a foot and a half of water.  I ended up shutting off the hot water at the heater and did that side.  Weather man says todays the last day of it then hopefully we'll start to dry out.

• Like 2

Happy Monday all. We spent much of yesterday putting up 2 Christmas trees. We had our old tried and true, but some years back when we moved into this house we found another tree in a storage area left by the previous owners. Gave it to our niece. She used it once and then brought it back asking if we could 'store' it for her (like all the kids like to 'store' crap at our place). Finally decided possession is 9/10 of the law so we reclaimed it and now we have Christmas trees x 2. As soon as I reconfigure the lights on our main tree (I strung too many together) we'll be in business.

Gary ... thanks for sharing a very nice Santa story with us. It is, after all, about the kids.

Cheers .............

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Pride in the fact you are not a coffee drinker?  Why?  Coffee has been shown to benefit health in many studies.  It's definitely not bad for you (in moderation of course).  

What IS bad for you is drinking coffee from a Keurig.  That's not real coffee, that's old, stale grounds that produces mildly flavored water that comes from pods that are an environmental nightmare.  JMHO, of course.....

Get some good whole beans from a local roaster, grind them at home, and use a simple pour-over method.  If you are not used to the caffeine kick, you might start with half regular and half decaf beans.  You don't have to get as technical as these folks, but here's a link to show you the basics...  Enjoy.

https://www.stumptowncoffee.com/blog/how-to-perfect-pour-over

• Like 4

Morning all.....busy weekend here in NE Florida...beautiful weather led to some nice outings and a little Klipsch refurb work

Took the time to take the RP-5's out of the shed and did some work on them. Got the one cabinet apart, sanded, painted and resealed. Fired them up last night (one still has a bad amp that will go to the shop this week to be rebuilt) but MAN.....these things sound GOOD....even with only one of the 12's playing it sounded great.

Huge WAF going on with being able to take the RSW-12 out of the living room now....she's pretty happy....and we all know that makes things much more easy around the house.

Looks like the RB-5's and RSW-12 may make it to the Man Shed for 2.1 duty.....can't say I'm too unhappy about that

Decided that I'll probably never use the Quintet and Quintet SL sets that I have stored in the shed....those may need to be let go of.....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, minermark said:

We can "Enhance" you're Coffee experience with a Wee-Bit of the Duggans.

PM me your address and i will drop a sample in the post.

A few here have had it, it's like Baileys.......But Better. 

PM sent Mark....remember...I'm a rookie:P

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Pride in the fact you are not a coffee drinker?  Why?  Coffee has been shown to benefit health in many studies.  It's definitely not bad for you (in moderation of course).  

What IS bad for you is drinking coffee from a Keurig.  That's not real coffee, that's old, stale grounds that produces mildly flavored water that comes from pods that are an environmental nightmare.  JMHO, of course.....

Get some good whole beans from a local roaster, grind them at home, and use a simple pour-over method.  If you are not used to the caffeine kick, you might start with half regular and half decaf beans.  You don't have to get as technical as these folks, but here's a link to show you the basics...  Enjoy.

https://www.stumptowncoffee.com/blog/how-to-perfect-pour-over

Hey Jim, that's a pretty cool idea, I did enjoy that. I'm usually in a hurry in the morning, and messing with a coffee maker just doesn't sound like fun. I do spend a little time on a morning breakfast shake. I also don't need another $12 a day (Starsmucks) habit. I usually laugh at the 18 cars in line for coffee while I'm driving by. 

Thanks....if I start posting  erratically and seem jittery just let me know so I can lower my caffeine input:D

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Thanks for your comments guys........yes, a bit of a cold ride..........low 30ies, and only 8 miles down the highway at 70mph.  Bit of a windchill factor there...  NO windshield or fairings on my ride, just looks too good without the doodads, just a full face helmet for windshield, good to go.

Our event was a total success!   Here are a few of the photos..IMG_1540_zpsrdbypy10.jpgIMG_1553_zpse6uunkzq.jpg....here is how we organize so that each child gets exactly what they want...  The day we do all the wrapping is an event for us in itself !!IMG_1562_zpsbuicwojb.jpg.......our local NBC new achor interviewing one of the kids...IMG_1568_zpsrytmxvcf.jpg......and......some of our core members for a final photo before departing...IronHorseRoadHousemr_zpsdi8fd51r.jpg

Gary, you look like you could play a younger Neil Diamond!

Actually...I think you resemble a younger Robbie Robertson

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I recognize that room.  Dang, you probably drove right through Beaumont to get there Luther or did you go diagonal as opposed to south then east?

It was get on I-10 in San Antonio and off at Lafayette. Just a straight shot across. About 6 1/2 hours.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

It was get on I-10 in San Antonio and off at Lafayette. Just a straight shot across. About 6 1/2 hours.

You were about 2 miles from my house then. 

I forgot for a moment.  I thought you were north of me not west.

• Like 2