Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I've been thinking about trying out some of this "coffee" you all seem to like so much. I only tried it a couple of times 45 years ago (I'm 53) and didn't care for it at all. I have very little caffeine, I wake up with a breakfast shake then mostly water all day. I seldom drink Sprite. My wife drinks a cup every morning and it does smell good. I"m not sure what she drinks, maybe a breakfast blend from a Keurig. I have always taken pride in the fact that I've never been a coffee/caffeine drinker, am I crazy to even consider this? What sayeth the mighty Klipsch forum? 

Since I know you are in Indy, here's a few local roasters to try.  Believe me, the difference between good, fresh, locally roasted coffee, and the "other stuff"...is dramatic.

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/dining-blog/indy-roasters-to-know/

PM me your address, and the next time I'm in Grand Rapids (which will be soon), I'll pick up some of my favorites, and send you a couple of samples.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I've been thinking about trying out some of this "coffee" you all seem to like so much. I only tried it a couple of times 45 years ago (I'm 53) and didn't care for it at all. I have very little caffeine, I wake up with a breakfast shake then mostly water all day. I seldom drink Sprite.

Sprite has no caffeine...

• Like 2

My boss keeled over this afternoon.  Heard a big crash and then remembered 15 minutes prior he had said that he was “feeling weird today.”  Decided I should go check and a co-worker was walking towards his office saying “are you alright?"

He was just coming to; but, still out of it. Didn’t even realize that he’d passed out. Didn’t want us to call 911; but, someone (wisely) did anyway.  They checked him out; but, he refused to take the ambulance to the hospital and insisted that one of his staff drive him instead.  So, his second-in-command took him. Not sure what was wrong with him.  hopefully nothing serious. 

Life is fragile ... tell me you love me before it's too late. :D

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I have very little caffeine

Right on man.  I’ve been off caffeine for a year and a half. developed an occasional heart rhythm problem, nothing serious at this time; but, when doctor mentioned that sometimes it is caused by caffeine (of which i’ve historically been a heavy caffeine consumer) i quit -- cold turkey.  Still get the occasional weird heart beats so it most likely wasn’t caffeine causing it; but, i’ve stayed away from it.

• Like 8

My boss keeled over this afternoon.  Heard a big crash and then remembered 15 minutes prior he had said that he was “feeling weird today.”  Decided I should go check and a co-worker was walking towards his office saying “are you alright?"

He was just coming to; but, still out of it. Didn’t even realize that he’d passed out. Didn’t want us to call 911; but, someone (wisely) did anyway.  They checked him out; but, he refused to take the ambulance to the hospital and insisted that one of his staff drive him instead.  So, his second-in-command took him. Not sure what was wrong with him.  hopefully nothing serious. 

Life is fragile ... tell me you love me before it's too late. [emoji3]

Love ya man.
  • Like 5

• Moderators
12 hours ago, minermark said:

A few here have had it, it's like Baileys.......But Better. 

Yes better than Baileys, I was lucky enough to be one of the people he sent some. Thank you again

Don't hesitate, it's amazing with coffee.....I had never heard of it before Mark gave me the opportunity. 

• Like 4

Life is fragile ... tell me you love me before it's too late. [emoji3]

Love you Stew!
  • Like 5