Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

14 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Since I know you are in Indy, here's a few local roasters to try.  Believe me, the difference between good, fresh, locally roasted coffee, and the "other stuff"...is dramatic.

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/dining-blog/indy-roasters-to-know/

PM me your address, and the next time I'm in Grand Rapids (which will be soon), I'll pick up some of my favorites, and send you a couple of samples.

WOW.....Thanks for the info Jim. I'm still debating on whether to even try a good cup, I'm afraid I might get hooked!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Right on man.  I’ve been off caffeine for a year and a half. developed an occasional heart rhythm problem, nothing serious at this time; but, when doctor mentioned that sometimes it is caused by caffeine (of which i’ve historically been a heavy caffeine consumer) i quit -- cold turkey.  Still get the occasional weird heart beats so it most likely wasn’t caffeine causing it; but, i’ve stayed away from it.

Good for you for quitting. I've never felt like I needed any kind of boost, I wake up happy and running, with an ice water.

• Like 5

Happy hump day, on a day that will live in infamy.

On Thursday I fly to DC to help my older son move back to Michigan.  He decided police work is not what he wants to do with his life.  My immediate reaction is relief that he will no longer be in the stressful position of instantaneously having to decide whether to shoot or be shot.  At the same time, he is the type of thoughtful compassionate individual police forces need to displace the bullies with badges, and guns, that make it hard for good officers to serve and protect.

• Like 5

Morning Gang

34 here an hour ago.

Warming up for Rain later today.

Coffee flowin, trying to talk some in the household to fetch me a Donut.

MIG is working, been ordering replacement/upgrade parts everyday.

Miller is Quality, even at 28 years old, 75% of the electronics look new.

Running flux cored wire for welding, so NO Argon as of yet.

@$90 Bucks to fill the cylinder, kind of want to replace all questionable parts first.

Coffee and Anna's Ginger cookies. < in lieu of Donut.

21430_547664071936255_409649587_n.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Happy hump day, on a day that will live in infamy.

On Thursday I fly to DC to help my older son move back to Michigan.  He decided police work is not what he wants to do with his life.  My immediate reaction is relief that he will no longer be in the stressful position of instantaneously having to decide whether to shoot or be shot.  At the same time, he is the type of thoughtful compassionate individual police forces need to displace the bullies with badges, and guns, that make it hard for good officers to serve and protect.

Wise one you have there.

I did a 10+ years stint, Sheriff, transfer to Metro Fire after 911.

Waaay less stress.

If i could do it again i would have gone Arson investigator.

• Like 6

Morning/Afternoon,

A good hump day to all...

Been a couple days since I checked in.... It's just nuts at the shop right now...

The BOSS was not feeling all that good on the way in this morning. She hung out about 20 minutes and went home.. So I'll be holding the fort down ;)....

Got a good job to keep me busy all day.... gonna put some good tunes on and jam all day...

Check back later...

MKP :-)

• Like 8