Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning all.

A good Saturday to all. Just catching up on all the posts. Haven't been posting a whole lot just so crazy busy at the shop. 

Was able to go out to dinner with my old shop helper and his wife last night. We went to the steak house, we had to send The BOSS's steak back twice. It was over cooked. While she was waiting for her new steak I gave her half of mine;). When she got the 2nd steak that one was also over done.... sent that one back.... By the time the 3rd steak came out we wee done eating. They wrapped that steak up to go and comped two dinners for us. Yea we got two "free" dinners but I would rather have all the food cooked right so we can all enjoy our meal at the same time... oh well..

Unfortunately we will not be making the trip to Hope again. It's the same thing as last year... The BOSS's mom is doing much better but as we saw last year her health can take a turn for the worst in a short time. If anything was to happen to her while we were away The BOSS would be no good. One day it'll be in the starz for us to make it.. 

Next weekend I will be hooking up with a few guys from thecarversite down on Alexandria Va. One of the guys is having a open house jam session at his place. I will be representing the Klipsch community by bringing a pair of KP-362's... Oh yea... They'll put some thump in there chest... Gonna also bring a big Carver to drive em... a TFM-42. That'll get those thing pumping..

OK gang, check in later... a good weekend to all..

MKP :-)

• Like 7

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You obviously weren't there the last few years.

That's true, it would be hard to imagine both of them being there.

Tarheel is afraid the LF will find out he's one of us, can't really blame him, and BSM would come if we had perfect weather and a coastline. :huh:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Someone say slushie?  This is the Permafrost that James gets from his brother in Alaska.  I love potato vodka and this is the cream of the crop.  Outstanding!  What a treat.  I wish they carried it locally.

20161210_140736.jpg

How far are you from a Goody Goody?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

That's about the worst thing you could do a steak, rare for me.

heard a story of an NBA star that either didn’t tip at a steakhouse or left a small tip.  Server let on that the guy ordered steak well-done and put Ketchup on it.  I was grossed out at the “well done” part of the story.  What a waste of Ketchup!  

Once upon a time, I was a meat eater big-time.  When I ate a steak (which was cooked to rare), I probably upset the steak purists as I would cover that sucker in Ketchup, Tabasco, horseradish, and A1 sauce.  I also covered the baked potato with the same concoction. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

heard a story of an NBA star that either didn’t tip at a steakhouse or left a small tip.  Server let on that the guy ordered steak well-done and put Ketchup on it.  I was grossed out at the “well done” part of the story.  What a waste of Ketchup!  

Once upon a time, I was a meat eater big-time.  When I ate a steak (which was cooked to rare), I probably upset the steak purists as I would cover that sucker in Ketchup, Tabasco, horseradish, and A1 sauce.  I also covered the baked potato with the same concoction. 

Semi-purist; left over steak gets some A-1 with the microwaved work lunch version. I try to under-cook a piece for the next nuke job lunch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Tarheel is afraid the LF will find out he's one of us, can't really blame him, and BSM would come if we had perfect weather and a coastline. :huh:

Well to be fair, Chuck has quite the image to uphold.  I will admit that the heat & humidity scares me away from many locations -- it just causes fits with my Asthma. But, I’m five months away from leaving the coast.  I can’t say if it’s forever; but, I’m not planning on returning to “this” area of coastline again (except to visit people). In fact, while you folks are keeping each other from falling down and taking blackmail photos of each other...i’ll be packing up the belongings that i care to keep.  I don’t need much...all i need are my guitars...and my amp...and my slot machine....yeah, the guitars, amp, slot machine ... and traffic signal light....that’s all i need.

• Like 3