Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

45 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Sometimes I get a little loud. Especially when the wife isn't here to say "Turn it down!" Lol.

You'll never hear The BOSS say "turn it down" 

In fact ya gotta watch her around the volume knob.....When were out on the deck with the EVi's and a lil Crown she always clips the amp.... I YELL at her "don't you understand that amp is running out of power and it's gonna blow one of the EV's!!" 

Her response is "Well we need a bigger amp"

MKP :-)

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

In fact, while you folks are keeping each other from falling down and taking blackmail photos of each other...i’ll be packing up the belongings that i care to keep.

Well there was a video of someone dancing (not me) one night with a huge mexican hat on, but besides that we usually don't hide much. 

Well we didn't want to say anything, but it's really a party celebrating you leaving that area and we just didn't want to bother you with all the pressure. :blush::emotion-19:

relax.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

You'll never hear The BOSS say "turn it down" 

In fact ya gotta watch her around the volume knob.....When were out on the deck with the EVi's and a lil Crown she always clips the amp.... I YELL at her "don't you understand that amp is running out of power and it's gonna blow one of the EV's!!" 

Her response is "Well we need a bigger amp"

MKP :-)

I hope the neighbors are not close. :ph34r2: She sounds dangerous, but in a good way of course ! 

If I remember correctly Carl had the police come by once ?

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well we didn't want to say anything, but it's really a party celebrating you leaving that area and we just didn't want to bother you with all the pressure. :blush::emotion-19:

Thanks and that’s good -- i don’t need any more pressure.  A friend was talking about some sort of goodbye event and i said they could do whatever they want as long as they schedule it for the day AFTER I leave. 

I was pulled aside one day and told that i should start going to lunch with people when they invite me. I got a (friendly) lecture on how they’re just trying to be friends and I keep turning down all invitations. 

This was the year that i was supposed to be more social--maybe next year; although that will be a challenge since i’m moving away from everyone I know. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

This was the year that i was supposed to be more social--maybe next year; although that will be a challenge since i’m moving away from everyone I know. 

Since no one will know you, be whoever you want, who would know the difference.  :huh:

Tell them you in that little band, Yes, want to see a pic ?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

I can get along with almost anyone, but do like a lot of the opposite in between.

That’s the weird part -- i get along with most everyone too. i’m just not comfortable in many social settings (probably because i’m a nut) and I never like to be the center of attention. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

I have no problems in social situations and sometimes like it, but do not like being the center of attention either.

Once at a wedding I was handed a mic and asked to make a speech, my knees were probably shaking when everyone looked at me. But I lived, unhappily for a little while. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

Tell them you in that little band, Yes, want to see a pic ?

good idea -- just would have to hope that they’re prog rock fans.  This lady that I know, we both had a connection to this one musician which i thought was odd; but, she had never even heard of Yes.  

I’m actually not a big photo/autograph guy -- i have a few; but, normally I’ll pass -- and will NOT ask--if offered, i’ll accept. I mean who am I turn them down if they’re willing?  :D  There are a few that i really like and will take advantage of the opportunity. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

good idea -- just would have to hope that they’re prog rock fans.  This lady that I know, we both had a connection to this one musician which i thought was odd; but, she had never even heard of Yes.  

She must have been pretty young to have not have even heard of Yes ?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have no problems in social situations and sometimes like it, but do not like being the center of attention either.

Once at a wedding I was handed a mic and asked to make a speech, my knees were probably shaking when everyone looked at me. But I lived, unhappily for a little while. 

a friend once asked me if i wanted to be in a movie. Not a speaking role; but, they needed some extras.  I said yes, and one of the roles was as a UCLA baseball player (the movie was about Jackie Robinson and the film began with his days in college). I was supposed to come running out of the dugout to congratulate Jackie after he scores the winning run (Jackie was played by the actor Andre Braugher). One of the extras was in the on deck circle during the shot. I don’t know what he was doing wrong; but, the director yells “CUT” and starts chewing him out big time.  he is nervous and tries to hand the bat to me (i’m on the step of the dugout) and asks me to switch places with him.  I looked him square in the eyes and said “heck no, i don’t know what you did wrong; but, i sure don’t want to do whatever it was that you’re doing.”  If i’m going to be singled out, i’d prefer it be for something good :D  Although that didn’t last long, the movie continues with him being in the Army, and I also played one of the Army guys.  The actor/consultant Dale Dye was on the set and yelled at me during one shot because we were in formation and i wasn’t standing up straight. Embarrassing; but, i still got paid :P

• Like 4