Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

She must have been pretty young to have not have even heard of Yes ?

nah -- way older than me actually. it was funny listening to her talk about climbing this balcony of a hotel to sneak into Mick Jagger’s room to steal his pillow. She did that in the 60s; but, I found it very funny and cool to listen to this now white haired woman, nearing retirement, talk about doing crazy teenager stuff like that. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Twice actually. 

Many years ago, i use to hang out at this pretty wild house. Most of the guys that lived there were a band. I really got along with the drummer (he introduced me to Captain Beefheart, if you know who that is).  One night, they’re in the garage jamming. I tell the drummer that i’ll turn out the light and turn on this strobe light and he can do a drum solo.  It wasn’t part of the song and his bandmates were going to be pissed; but, he agreed.  So, we both did what we said we’d do.  The singer got mad and turned on the lights. I turned to the person standing next to me and said, “that was cool.”  It was a cop...on duty.  He said, “Personally, i enjoyed it; but, your neighbors didn’t.” 

• Like 4

• Moderators

You just never know with people, you surely can't judge by looks. People (my wife) ask me why I talk and type like I do, well it's better to appear stupid, that way it's all uphill after that. 

So your an actor also, your going to have a hard time deciding who your going to be after you move. B)

Either way I hope everything goes well with that and your happy, not much else matters. 

Now after you disappear you are expected to at least check in, no disappearing completely, you make everyone worry. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dtel said:

You just never know with people, you surely can't judge by looks. People ask me why I talk and type like I do, well it's better to appear stupid, that way it's all uphill after that. 

So your an actor also, your going to have a hard time deciding who your going to be after you move. B)

Either way I hope everything goes well with that and your happy, not much else matters. 

Now after you disappear you are expected to at least check in, no disappearing completely, you make everyone worry. 

You don’t sound stupid to me.  I can’t even detect an accent in your written word.

No, not an actor.  Just did that one gig so i can say that i’d done it. Same friend gave an opportunity to be in The Hunt for Red October; but, I passed on that. I would have been one of the Russian sailors.

Thanks for the well wishes ... not so sure about “happiness” -- that’s something that has eluded me thus far in life, so i should set my sights lower than being happy.  I tell you, i really envy people that are. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I can’t even detect an accent in your written word.

That's funny

27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Thanks for the well wishes ... not so sure about “happiness” -- that’s something that has eluded me thus far in life,

For many the start of happiness is peacefulness, and I would imagine, for me at least it would be much harder in a big nonstop city. Your health didn't help either.

But that's me, you will find it, I have no doubt. After you retire/move you will have time to slow down, this will bring in other things you enjoy doing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Sometimes I get a little loud. Especially when the wife isn't here to say "Turn it down!" Lol.

Denise took the kids (Son and Daughter In Law) mattress shopping last night and I was enjoying myself, working on a cabinet in the shop and having a few brews and some Cabo while cranking up the tunes until I heard the door go up with her standing there:  it seemed like she was yelling, couldn't really hear her but I think she said "I love you and can you turn it up, it sounds great".  

• Like 5

Good morning my friends......................just getting a breakfast together, but wanted to show the brand new Dunkin Donuts Christmas mugs I bought this week...  :emotion-51:

Enjoy the morning..........simply frosty and 10 degrees here, no snow yet, green grass still around the northeast....IMG_1684.jpg

• Like 4

Yesterday I drove my son's 2008 VW Jetta from DC to Michigan.  He drove a U-Haul with his life packed inside.  Now to carve a new life after police work, without the pressure of needing to make split second decisions with deadly consequences, whether right or wrong.

On a lighter note, I was impressed by the SQ of the Jetta's audio system.  My Pono  player into the auxiliary allowed me to audition the playlist in progress for the 50th reunion of the class of '67.  Those great songs never sounded as good coming from the single speaker in the dash of my '62 Corvair Monza.

• Like 7

I've found tat the quieter the noise floor is in the automobile the better the audio sounds. Normally all of them sound semi decent with the key on and engine not running but the engine and road noise usually determine more of the ultimate radio sound than the radio does.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pete H said:

she was yelling, couldn't really hear her but I think she said "I love you and can you turn it up, it sounds great".  

That's exactly what she said. My wife will say exactly the same thing.  Funny thing is that her facial expression doesn't match the words that I'm sure she's saying.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That's exactly what she said. My wife will say exactly the same thing.  Funny thing is that her facial expression doesn't match the words that I'm sure she's saying.

So do you think she was saying one thing but meant something a little different ? :o

• Like 3

Had a rare burst of energy this morning (may be the B12 drops).  Took the whole system apart and its sitting on the floor.  Cleaned all the surfaces including a moldy window frame, counter tops, and patch cords.  Going to take 1 R2R to a local tech, and hopefully persuade Maynard to go over my 20 year old preamp.  I've also ordered all new tubes for the horn monos.

I also am concerned about phasing since my speaker wire (16 ga) is not clearly marked for my old eyes.  I need to research color coded wire to make things easier.  Got recommendations? 

OK enough about me.  Nice mugs Gary!  Love the color.  Best of luck for your son Neil.  Hope he finds a new career that he can enjoy.

Enjoy your Sunday Gents.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I also am concerned about phasing since my speaker wire (16 ga) is not clearly marked for my old eyes.  I need to research color coded wire to make things easier.  Got recommendations? 

I'm pretty sure I saw some color coded cable somewhere .  Maybe monoprice ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Twice!!!!......... My Man;)

MKP :-)

I remember a little bit of my days away at college .  my roomie, neighbors and I had frequent visits from the cops .  it didn't help at all that we lived within hearing distance of the police station .  idk WHAT we were thinking when we decided to live THERE B)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, -js- said:

I remember a little bit of my days away at college .  my roomie, neighbors and I had frequent visits from the cops .  it didn't help at all that we lived within hearing distance of the police station .  idk WHAT we were thinking when we decided to live THERE B)

Early 70s me and 3 other long haired hippie dudes lived in a duplex near the college.  In the other apartment was a narcotics agent with the Sheriff department:o

• Like 4