Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks Chuck, I am going to get the other color mug, I ment to get two of each, they are charcoal with the same 'pine needle' design..

Test for polarity (not continuity) I always use a battery (9v suggested) and just watch the bass driver.  They should thrust FORWARD, then mark your cable, at least it works for me every time..  ^_^

Off to shopping and banking.......yes, my bank is open 7 days !

• Like 4

Good Morning all. Enjoying the read here with a nice cup. Speaking of cups, those DD look inviting.

BSM, all the best of fortune. dtel is onto a good thing. Opposite of depression is not happiness, it is vitality.

Something I am trying to tap into. Told my brother recently that just a little peace and harmony is wanted.

Happiness is then up to me given that circumstance. A little happiness goes a long way of late. Not always

as philosophic, lately it is a balm for me.

Played with the Spoiled Brats, 3 piece band. Uptown Tally with neighbors close, but friends . No cops, hard

to figure though as 3 lane 1 way street just outside the door. Fast forward and the band is now out in the country

playing party. County lawman said someone would be going to jail if he had to return. We wished him a goodnight...

Tarheel, I am listening ATM to Eric B. Thanks for the pic.

• Like 4

Went to monoprice.com and found what I think would fit the bill.  If one of you would take a look and give me the thumbs up.

Nimbus Series 14AWG 2 Conductor

100 feet for $31.99

It also comes in 4 conductor if I wanted to hook up both speakers with one run.  Not so sure.....

• Like 3

Morning all, and a good Sunday to all..

Man all this talk about cops coming out to parties gets me thinking about my wild teenage years. There was this wild guy that worked at the local 7-11 around our way. He would always wear this t-shirt that had a pic of a quaalude on it (RORER 714). We called him Cpt. Quaalude! He had the best neighborhood parties. My god I think one time 1/2 of Baltimore Co. Police force was called out. I remember people would YELL out "The cops are here" and they would start running into the woods. I would think why are you running??? I would just sit there and drink.... I mean what are they going to do??? lock me up??? I was 15 lol lol..... 

3 hours ago, Tigerman said:

but wanted to show the brand new Dunkin Donuts Christmas mugs I bought this week...  :emotion-51:

NICE Gary:emotion-21::emotion-21:

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Yesterday I drove my son's 2008 VW Jetta from DC to Michigan.  He drove a U-Haul with his life packed inside.  Now to carve a new life after police work, without the pressure of needing to make split second decisions with deadly consequences, whether right or wrong.

Best of luck to your son Neil... That's what Dad's do. I remember my dad flew out to Seattle to come and get me. He rented a U-Haul and we drove back to Md. together. It was a tough part of my life.

56 minutes ago, -js- said:
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

That's exactly what she said. My wife will say exactly the same thing.  Funny thing is that her facial expression doesn't match the words that I'm sure she's saying.

So do you think she was saying one thing but meant something a little different ? :o

This too happens to me...... But The BOSS will use some type of sign language :blink:

OK..... Check in later.... Got a dusting of the white stuff last night...

MKP :-)

IMG_20161211_105728-1.jpg

• Like 6

I used to have a big cook out drinking music party every summer here at the house for the guys that worked for me.  A few of the guys had never been to the house before so once they got within a block or so they just rolled down their windows and headed toward the music.  The first 2 years the cops came out.  The third and subsequent years we worked out a pretty fail safe system.  One of my techs was friends with the police dispatcher.  She'd call him once they got a complaint and sent someone.  We'd turn it down till we knew they had left the area then crank it back up.  Unfortunately he doesn't work for me any more so we just take our chances.  I haven't had a blow out in a couple years.  I think it's time to have another.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Went to monoprice.com and found what I think would fit the bill.  If one of you would take a look and give me the thumbs up.

Nimbus Series 14AWG 2 Conductor

100 feet for $31.99

It also comes in 4 conductor if I wanted to hook up both speakers with one run.  Not so sure.....

Unless someone comes up with some other deal, sure why not, especially if it helps you out. Dual run is a bonus...:)

Figure you are talking near 100% copper...

• Like 5

Thanks for the comments on the DD mugs...........When I get the darker mug, I will post and see what you all think...   They are kind of reflective in a way, something in the glaze ??

Ok, enjoy the day..............back to Christmas decor setup...

.............g

PS.  Music too loud?   Remember my report of my good neighbor right behind me?   Had my little system going on the deck and was really pushing it a bit, nice easy jazz, but at a good clip.  I was out in the front of the house, and I could easily hear it echoing of the trees and such in the backyard!   My neighbor stopped by while I was out cutting the grass..  he wanted to talk to me about the music.................he said at first that he and the wife LOVE my selections, BUT, when they are trying to enjoy their deck, and he has to step INSIDE the house to answer a cell call...........it is a bit to loud.     Well, only have to be told once.   I have been a quieter neighbor ever since and there have been no complaints over the past two summers...  :emotion-21:

• Like 5

Playin a little Nazareth for my neighbors and wanting to decorate a bit for Nancy. The Chorus are soundin nice. Never had a problem at this location for maybe 17 years...never. Guess I need some more watts. Trying to get she and I in a merry mood, as the cooler weather starting to cooperate. After seeing the DD cups, thinking about a second cup. This time in the Currier & Ives cup. Mixing the mundane chores with some hairy merry music. Will be listening to Christmas music sooner than later. Reminds me of my mother/family. That is a good thing.
Peace be unto you...:)

• Like 6