Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey gang ...mostly chillin' and on-line shopping today.

Chuck ... I think there are a number of pre-amps out there with good quality phono pre's built into them. I've been using a Parasound pre-amp the past few years with a phono built into it and have been very satisfied. If you can live with an integrated amp, Marantz has had some very decent built-in phono pre-amps. Good luck with your search.

Cheers ya'll.

• Like 7

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

They grow up so fast!

Not really they grow up at normal speed, were just getting old really fast.

Our three are much closer to 40, I try to avoid it but every time I have to look in the mirror an old person is in there. :unsure:

• Like 6

• Moderators
17 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Here's Emma with her dog Kodi..... Looking at her I can't get over she's all grown up....

Cute girl MKP, nothing against you but all I'm going to say is your wife must be good looking. :D

• Like 6

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

:wheat:

I agree

16 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

My wife asked why I was laughing.  She was able to control her reaction, but she did acknowledge the humor.

It is funny, I wonder about the safe handling instructions below the name, it should say to use gloves. So technically it should stuff a but twice.   :mellow:

• Like 6

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Here is a shot after digging out from the first snowstorm of 2016.

It has not snowed that much here in my lifetime. Should have stayed on the walkway and made the curve in the opposite direction just to see if anyone noticed.  

It does look pretty, especially looking at it at a current temp of 74.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Hey gang ...mostly chillin' and on-line shopping today.

Chuck ... I think there are a number of pre-amps out there with good quality phono pre's built into them. I've been using a Parasound pre-amp the past few years with a phono built into it and have been very satisfied. If you can live with an integrated amp, Marantz has had some very decent built-in phono pre-amps. Good luck with your search.

Cheers ya'll.

Thanks Chuck.  I looked at the Parasound P5.  Good reviews and price $1095 from Audio Advisor.  A contender for sure. 

• Like 5

Happy Monday!  It's fun to see the winter pics rolling through (and I suppose the BBQ fare! :blink:).  Some of you have had more snow than we have recently - though it was 10 below this morning and we're having our furnace replaced today as well.  (hurry, hurry, hurry!!)

I'm done with the little amount of Christmas Shopping that I'm responsible for.  I can "coast" into the next few weeks now... Does anyone else feel December is much more crazy than it used to be?!  Office stuff, kids stuff, church stuff, family and extended family stuff...  hard to say no to things, but I don't like looking forward to January either - I want to enjoy the moments here.

On a side note we are enjoying a pair of RF 52's we picked up a couple of months ago from a friend who moved.  It's helping my wife with her "shock" of having towers in the living room.  After she's used to them, I'll try to move up a little bit to some Heritage Speakers.  LaScala's would be a nice "next step" up.  B)

• Like 8

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Good looking electonics hope they do well.

Perreaux i only learned about a few years back.

Back in my speaker/equip buying frenzy days, about the time i joined the forum, there was a guy in Monterey selling out a theater and he had some JBL horns for a Cnote each, so off to a Coast run the wife in tow.

Bought & Loaded all kinds of speaker/horns, i ask him what was he running these speakers with?

He said Perreaux, you what them too?

They were only 125 Wpc Amps, rather small for me, but a a Cnote each i bought three.

I did not know what i had, never ran them, only hooked them up to confirm "They Work".

Sold them on the Bay for what ended up, three times the money.

Learned shortly after sale, that these Perreaux's are "The Cats Meow" in the recording engineers world, i had NO idea.

On the Bay they have a good selection of Perreaux's, though used, they are indeed the cleanest SS amps i ever heard.

• Like 7

Evening gang

Back in from the Farm run.

Wet with Mudd everywhere.

40 and dam sure feels like it.

Three days of rain coming they say.

Winter Projects keeping me damm busy< and i like it>

Grey Goose Bloody Mary w/Auful Annies mix is the Bomb.

Time for those Ginger Cookies.....

1511690_935379263164732_5577724377491133405_n.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, minermark said:

40 and dam sure feels like it.

you realize that you’re opening yourself up for a lot of trash talk from our forum brothers east of here. :D

They don’t realize that a California 40 is actually pretty darned cold. That’s like 80 below in other places.

• Like 6