Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, dtel said:

That's a good idea but maby just go nuts and buy a cheap set of silverware, at the rate you have been in the past it would last you a lifetime :emotion-55:

Will you have to narrow down the area to move by the need for a del Taco location ?

Come on man, some things a guy just cant give up.  Just finished my lunch from there actually. 

I need to protect myself from myself. On computer last night looking at places and found myself looking at places, and trying to justify, homes far larger, fancier, and more expensive than i need. I may have to work on this "simplifying" thing. A place that can hold a few dozen guitars, amps, speakers is all i need--a barn would be nice too.

• Like 5

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

and I still can't believe I did it. 

Just be happy it was not worse, lefty, did something similar with a table saw, it scares the hell out you and your afraid to look at first. :unsure:

You'll be fine just watch for infection, and saws. :P

• Like 5

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I may have to work on this "simplifying" thing.

Good idea, a little land for privacy and a house comfortable you you, it doesn't matter what everyone does, leave that when you move.

And a barn, they always come in handy, like to store Carl's bike. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Mark, thanks for the wonderful shipment, a very nice bottle of Duggan's Irish Cream Liqueur. I've never tied it, but I have a feeling this is the good stuff. 

I had a mishap working at home yesterday, it involved a Dewalt cordless saw, ended with 5 stitches and a severed bone in my little finger. It was a bonehead move, and I still can't believe I did it. 

Mark, give me a day or two to get the meds from my system, and I'll give the Duggan's a try(maybe I should have some now)

Bill

I hope they were able to reattach the missing piece of finger for you. If so, don't be surprised if it takes some time for the numbness feeling in that digit to go away. Usually months to years.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Mark, thanks for the wonderful shipment, a very nice bottle of Duggan's Irish Cream Liqueur. I've never tied it, but I have a feeling this is the good stuff. 

I had a mishap working at home yesterday, it involved a Dewalt cordless saw, ended with 5 stitches and a severed bone in my little finger. It was a bonehead move, and I still can't believe I did it. 

Mark, give me a day or two to get the meds from my system, and I'll give the Duggan's a try(maybe I should have some now)

Bill

Sorry to hear of this, we have ALL had our little deviations with things that spin.

Duggans is about as strong as a good wine.

It's all about taste and flavor, no one ever gets buzzed on the Duggans, you would get sick first.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

I hope they were able to reattach the missing piece of finger for you. If so, don't be surprised if it takes some time for the numbness feeling in that digit to go away. Usually months to years.

I had a reattachment as a child.  It took, but the joint doesn't work.  Thanks to having the slightly truncated digit, even without the functional last joint, percussion was still in my future.

• Like 4

Afternoon gang

Just back in from Ace hardware/welding supply/HD.

This mornings Coffee brought me the wife telling me we have another car that was dumped around 3Am.

Third (Honda) this year, called it in, meanwile ran back the DVR, couple young punks, 20s, burned a disc for the PD.

Gave it to them when they showed up, hour later, car was removed.

On with the Hobby(s), Rv antenna ongoing.

Trying to rain.

taco-tuesday-v1-1312.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, oldtimer said:

I had a reattachment as a child.  It took, but the joint doesn't work.  Thanks to having the slightly truncated digit, even without the functional last joint, percussion was still in my future.

Like everything else there has been significant improvements in micro surgery in the last 20 years. Too late for you but a trained surgeon with good equipment including magnification can usually attach digits with a high chance of functional success. There is a surgeon currently looking to attach a terminal patient's head to a donor's entire body. If this works as hoped, there are millions of potential recipients.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. It was call a partial amputation , it really wasn't' that bad, but the bone was cut through. I'm actually surprised how much it DOESN'T hurt. The numbing shots wore off around 10pm last night, and I had 1/2 of a painkiller (Norco 325mg) around noon today. It's just slightly throbbing.

I still can't believe I did this. I like to think I'm very good at my job, but this accident has me baffled. It's like Michael Jordan shooting an air ball at the free throw line...doesn't happen.

Yea the Dr said since the bone was severed, it will take longer to heal, more chance of infection, and I need to be extra careful for 5-7 days so the bone can align up correctly and heal. 

My wife is at my daughter's swim meet, when she gets home I see some Duggans in my future:D

Carl....I do have a pic if anybody wants to see it!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

A lot of Black Sabbath's iconic guitar sound was because of Tony Iommi's fingers. They were badly injured in an accident at work. I would say he made the best of it.

• Like 4