Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I think I spoke too soon on the lack of pain! It arrived yesterday afternoon, about 28 hours after the accident. I've never heard of Norco painkillers, but they work well:D

I kept thinking why this Norco sounded like i knew what it was.

Now i remember, my Hernia Op, here a couple months back, still got maybe 25 out of the 30+ they gave me.

They do work, i found myself doubling up on the dosage couple times though.

Only took a few.

• Like 5

Once upon a time, i got ran over by a truck (Minermark will be familiar with Brookhurst Street). It’s a major street).  Paramedics said that i left an imprint in the grill of the truck.  They took me to University of Irvine Trauma Center ($2000 ambulance ride).

Four ribs completely broken, two bones in my foot broke, both shoulders jacked up -- plus various scrapes and bruises.  Ruined my dancing career :D

Doctor wanted to give me Morphine. I refused. He insisted that i take something, so I agreed to take some Vicodin. Shoulder pain was severe for nearly a year. Doctor was about to go in and shave off part of the bone so the nerve wouldn’t be pinched. Had surgery scheduled and was four days away from the day of surgery, when i had a bad Asthma attack. Doctor gave me some Prednisone. That wiped out the inflammation in the shoulder, so i canceled the surgery.

Those of you that know me will laugh; but, i was walking across the street to go to Del Taco for some dinner. My kids get to the hospital and say, “Dad, we always figured that Del Taco would kill you; but, we thought it would be a heart attack not getting hit by a truck."

Apparently, the nurse or doctor asked me how i was feeling upon my arrival at the hospital and i said “I feel like i just got hit by a truck.”  The funny part is that they thought i was joking. 

• Like 7

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I have made a lot of progress on my own remodeling project. I made two 14x24 rooms into one 28x24 room, and it opens up into the kitchen.

Looks good, sounds like a great idea. I have no problem with the electricity, but I do not like trim, I don't know why, just don't enjoy it like building.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Once upon a time, i got ran over by a truck (Minermark will be familiar with Brookhurst Street). It’s a major street).  Paramedics said that i left an imprint in the grill of the truck.  They took me to University of Irvine Trauma Center ($2000 ambulance ride).

Four ribs completely broken, two bones in my foot broke, both shoulders jacked up -- plus various scrapes and bruises.  Ruined my dancing career :D

Doctor wanted to give me Morphine. I refused. He insisted that i take something, so I agreed to take some Vicodin. Shoulder pain was severe for nearly a year. Doctor was about to go in and shave off part of the bone so the nerve wouldn’t be pinched. Had surgery scheduled and was four days away from the day of surgery, when i had a bad Asthma attack. Doctor gave me some Prednisone. That wiped out the inflammation in the shoulder, so i canceled the surgery.

Those of you that know me will laugh; but, i was walking across the street to go to Del Taco for some dinner. My kids get to the hospital and say, “Dad, we always figured that Del Taco would kill you; but, we thought it would be a heart attack not getting hit by a truck."

Apparently, the nurse or doctor asked me how i was feeling upon my arrival at the hospital and i said “I feel like i just got hit by a truck.”  The funny part is that they thought i was joking. 

Pretty impressive Steve....got hit by a truck and you're still here. Those darn Tacos:P

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dtel said:

Looks good, sounds like a great idea. I have no problem with the electricity, but I do not like trim, I don't know why, just don't enjoy it like building.

I can do basic electricity connections, it's the switches that gets me confused. 

• Like 4

Thursday eh?

Coffee perkin.

Cease Work on Rv Antenna R&D/Design/Purchase.

Damm i was 75% done too :o:angry:

Reliability/Endurance shut it down this time:unsure:

Antenna(s) are just too dam cheap (Thin) to bounce down the road on the roof of the Rv.

As the design comes together im able to think ahead for impending problems.

Hell. cannot think of everything all at once.

This is the third, revamp of design.

#4 Theory/Design ready, parts purchased in the last two hours :mellow:

Rain just starting it's predicted three day three inch downpour, our Drama Queen Media 

is all over this as our rivers are at flood stage and they are opening the dams even more today :blink:

No Sandbags for me.

Iv got elevation.........and Coffee.......:emotion-21:

17446_1329103717201_8132479_n.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, minermark said:

Thursday eh?

Coffee perkin.

Cease Work on Rv Antenna R&D/Design/Purchase.

Damm i was 75% done too :o:angry:

Reliability/Endurance shut it down this time:unsure:

Antenna(s) are just too dam cheap (Thin) to bounce down the road on the roof of the Rv.

As the design comes together im able to think ahead for impending problems.

Hell. cannot think of everything all at once.

This is the third, revamp of design.

#4 Theory/Design ready, parts purchased in the last two hours :mellow:

Rain just starting it's predicted three day three inch downpour, our Drama Queen Media 

is all over this as our rivers are at flood stage and they are opening the dams even more today :blink:

No Sandbags for me.

Iv got elevation.........and Coffee.......:emotion-21:

17446_1329103717201_8132479_n.jpg

Cool pic Mark.

I had some Duggans last night, I really like the flavor. I had 2 shots then a couple shots in some coffee my wife has. I liked the Duggans way more than the coffee

• Like 3

• Moderators
22 hours ago, minermark said:

Big Momma= Sony Drive, 10MP, PTZ with 36 power zoom, Auto Target Tracking:emotion-21:

At the click of the control (Mouse) camera is full auto, Scans, Tracks, Zooms,  records everything in a 360 scan.

A couple of those mounted in the french quarter could supply some interesting streams.

• Like 4