Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang

Quite a Merry Day, and Quite.

Hope everyone is fairing well so far, North Korea never lets down for a good Laugh.

This from Yahoo news:

"Kim Jong-un bans Christmas, makes North Korea worship grandma"

Cant wait to see how Trump will deal with this guy.

Happy Holidays.

15391040_701945526647010_7477503974921941890_n.png

• Like 7

Good BOXING DAY morning everyone..............:emotion-51:

Marvel...............of course, being a FORD man, I could not help notice that the Falcon is 'Sprint' and has the 260 cid. V8 (pre 289)!  A convertible at the same time makes it even a lower production number !!  NICE :D

Ok, Christmas here brought some great usable items under the tree....   I received my two pounds of the annual Starbuck's Christmas blend and also have the DARK DD mugs..  So, here is a photo of the DD holiday mugs and the competitor's seasonal coffee :lol:..

Kitchen and formal dinning room clean up now in order....IMG_2009.jpg[/URL]......Here is 4 courses worth of dishes ready to come out of the DW..IMG_2010.jpg   ....and the 5th course plates and vino/bubbly glasses ready to go in..  (some of the delicate wine glass and the silver chalices are hand washed...)   IMG_2012.jpg   ...enjoy the day my friends......going to work on my old Dual 506 TT today, install new cables and work on the frozen speed controls.....:huh:

• Like 7

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Yes happy Boxing day, forgot whet it was about and had to look it up, didn't realize the tradition was that old. :ohmy:

33 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Kitchen and formal dinning room clean up now in order....

Same here, it will be nice to get back to almost normal.

35 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

bubbly glasses

I never forgot :ph34r:

• Like 4

Morning all...

Not much going on, shop is closed... Got a few things going on this week at the shop but I will have a light schedule. Our eldest daughter that lives and takes care of The BOSS's mom is going on a trip this week. We are sending her to the Virgin Islands. Since the day The BOSS's Dad passed this past January our daughter has been there at the house with mom. She moved out of our house with her two kids and took on the responsibility of full time care provider for mom. The BOSS and I think it will good to send her for a little R&R. 

If some of you guys remember from some of my posts our eldest put us through HE!! for quite a few years. Too sum it up in a sentence.... years ago we were at a point of our life that we new a phone call from Baltimore City Police was coming to ask us to identify a body. They were some real tough years.. Anyway our daughter beat the odds and made it out alive. Yea she was locked up for a bit, but while in jail she took full advantage of all the programs offered to her. Once she got out of jail she went into a rehab for almost a year. After that she moved back in the house with us. In the months to follow she worked very hard to re-gain custody of her two children. Her daughter was already living with us, and The BOSS had custody of her. Our daughter also had another child while she was lost to the streets of Baltimore. After a lot of hard work both her children were awarded back to her. She had to go through two different courts. She has turned her life around to be productive and live a good life. We are very proud of her.

So The BOSS will be at moms all week. I will go to the shop and keep it rolling. After work I'll stay at mom's with The BOSS, grandkids and Mom;)

So on another note here is one of my Christmas presents from The BOSS... Give me a sec to load this pic...

MKP :-)

• Like 9

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I'll be posting some more pics of the gifts our daughter got us.... Some really cool stuff that I know you'll guys will like.... Give ya a hint... it's got the forum theme :emotion-21::emotion-21:

MKP :-)

Forum theme, let me guess,  half deaf old people addicted to everything audio ? :ph34r::lol: 

• Like 5

Sounds GREAT Mark!  Funny coffee mug right there !  :lol:  

OK, kitchen work done, one last load in the DW to work with later............NOW, time to have some fun and play around with that Dual...   Got soft jazz from the Spotify account going over the Bose Wave system in this cooking room....   ;)    Maybe some photos on the way too....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Marvel...............of course, being a FORD man, I could not help notice that the Falcon is 'Sprint' and has the 260 cid. V8 (pre 289)!  A convertible at the same time makes it even a lower production number !!  NICE :D

Ok, Christmas here brought some great usable items under the tree....   I received my two pounds of the annual Starbuck's Christmas blend and also have the DARK DD mugs..  So, here is a photo of the DD holiday mugs and the competitor's seasonal coffee :lol:..

Kitchen and formal dinning room clean up now in order....IMG_2009.jpg[/URL]......Here is 4 courses worth of dishes ready to come out of the DW..IMG_2010.jpg   ....and the 5th course plates and vino/bubbly glasses ready to go in..  (some of the delicate wine glass and the silver chalices are hand washed...)   IMG_2012.jpg   ...enjoy the day my friends......going to work on my old Dual 506 TT today, install new cables and work on the frozen speed controls.....:huh:

We all celebrate Boxing Day here in the Great White North where it's a tradition. Some, like the family women, by getting up early to attack the local stores. The stampede to the shoe store began at 7:00AM. I celebrate by having a day off to sleep in a little longer and stay the Hell away from all stores that don't specialize in electronics, booze or firearms.

Never get between a pack of women and the local shoe store once they get a whiff of a good sale. You'll be over run and trampled if you do.

• Like 7

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Never get between a pack of women and the local shoe store once they get a whiff of a good sale.

I am not that brave, and I just don't understand the whole shoe thing ? 

Ladies, I hate to tell you this BAD news but, about the LAST thing most men look at is your shoes, they will look at everything at least twice before noticing if you even have shoes on !  :emotion-55:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

I am not that brave, and I just don't understand the whole shoe thing ? 

Ladies, I hate to tell you this BAD news but, about the LAST thing most men look at is your shoes, they will look at everything at least twice before noticing if you even have shoes on !  :emotion-55:

Women wear shoes?

• Like 7

HA HA HA  That darn shoe topic had my cracking up here :lol: :lol:!   You guys are too funny   :smile:

Anyway, to change it up.........I DID tear back into the Dual 506 today....   Put brand new RCA ends on the line cables, then played around with the variable speed pulley system and actually got it freed up!!   Most people discover that it is seized as mine was and start poking and breaking things (read this on some Dual forums!)   Anyway, here are a few photos in addition to the ones I sent out over to RTM....

Here is a photo of the underside, as I needed to see if I could change out the complete cable instead of the new jacks option..   Well, needless to say, I didn't want to undo the spade type connectors on the underside....so, jacks  were replaced instead...IMG_2014.jpgIMG_2015.jpgIMG_2016.jpgIMG_2017.jpgIMG_2020.jpgIMG_2023.jpgFinally, giving it a test with the brand new Rudy soundtrack LP in metallic GOLD vinyl .....  B)IMG_2024.jpg...there you have it......   Enjoy your evening everyone....  I'll stop by again... 

• Like 7