Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Cleaned both cars yesterday

Mine is still waiting Chuck.  My entire lunch yesterday ended up on the floor of the car--including a 32 ounce Root Beer, what a mess that was.

When i took out the floor mat, it had a steady stream of soda coming off of it. Worst part was that it was all my fault. 

• Like 5

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hope you folks are feeling better.

Well we are feeling better, she actually went to the store today for things needed for New Years eve night. I was sick for one day and I am about over it and I never get sick. If she has something for a week and a half and I get it, it last maby 2 days for me but she has auto immune deficiency which doesn't help at all.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Mine is still waiting Chuck.  My entire lunch yesterday ended up on the floor of the car--including a 32 ounce Root Beer, what a mess that was.

When i took out the floor mat, it had a steady stream of soda coming off of it. Worst part was that it was all my fault. 

Bet that was a mess, and no one else to blame, that sucks :P

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Put weather tech floor mats on your wish list.

Good idea, I would think there the best made, perfect match for any car. 

• Like 1

The bubble spent the night at the shop.  Work overload was the reason.  Lunch time today maybe. 

Any of you guys no anything about performance chips for cars?  Is it cheap horse power?

An issue with LF's house has me losing sleep.  I wake up and start thinking about it and get angry.  In August her windows and doors were measured for plantation shutters.  The contractor needed a deposit of $3000 for the windows and $1400 for the doors.  The checks were cashed.  First story was the container was lost in transport.  The he said he reordered.  Then he would send a refund 3 weeks ago. Then the bank would send a check.  He does not answer calls and his shop is occupied by someone else now.  We have the history of texts and the cancelled checks but are not sure where he lives to have him served with small claims papers.  I did a google search and found someone who I believe to be him but not 100% positive.  LF feels he will come around.  I don't. 

I'm pissed.

Thanks for listening!

• Like 5

Chuck ...there are others here with more expertise than me, but I'd at least be thinking about the possibility of taking this to a local prosecutor for criminal charges, as well as filing a civil matter. This guy has flown the coup with LF's $ and who knows how many others.

Best of luck.

Chuck

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

The bubble spent the night at the shop.  Work overload was the reason.  Lunch time today maybe. 

Any of you guys no anything about performance chips for cars?  Is it cheap horse power?

An issue with LF's house has me losing sleep.  I wake up and start thinking about it and get angry.  In August her windows and doors were measured for plantation shutters.  The contractor needed a deposit of $3000 for the windows and $1400 for the doors.  The checks were cashed.  First story was the container was lost in transport.  The he said he reordered.  Then he would send a refund 3 weeks ago. Then the bank would send a check.  He does not answer calls and his shop is occupied by someone else now.  We have the history of texts and the cancelled checks but are not sure where he lives to have him served with small claims papers.  I did a google search and found someone who I believe to be him but not 100% positive.  LF feels he will come around.  I don't. 

I'm pissed.

Thanks for listening!

I assume by bubble you mean 90's Chevy Impala.

If looking for more performance install a performance camshaft, it is the brain of the engine.

Performance chips can add some horsepower as well but results are not going to be spectacular.

• Like 2

Hey 'Heel - Please do not take this as criticism but seems you post far more often looking for more power on the S2000 rather than telling us how much you enjoy the car. That is one beautiful machine you scored and in remarkable condition. Always wanting additional HP, don't we all, maybe you bought the wrong car? You sound like a prime candidate for a modern muscle car? Camero and Mustang offer high performance drop tops which you seem to favor, maybe those are an option? And the Big 6.4L Challenger are m-f'ers. 

As to the LF that's a common problem with unscrupulous contractors, money up front and waving bye bye. Keep on his asss, make yourself a pest, maybe have a lawyer friend send a letter on letterhead threatening legal action? 

Best luck on tracking down the scum bag and those extra Horses!!

• Like 2

Chuck, have you actually got on the throttle hard on that car?  The reason I ask is that I brought home an M3 to drive one time.  I let my wife take it for a drive and she thought it was an OK car.  OK??  We went out later that night and I drove this time and she rode.  "Holy Crap" I think were her words.  "I didn't know this thing would run like that, what did you do"?  Well I put my foot in it of course.  The S2000 is pretty docile till about 3000 to 3500 rpms..  Keep your foot on the floor and let it spin up to red line and see if you think you still need more power.  If you're granny footin that thing, it'll drive like an econobox. 

• Like 3

Good Thursday (Had To Check Day) morning gang

30 is the New norm here.

Maintaining 70 in the cave.

Wife see's me in the morning wile going to re-fresh my cup-o-joe, once the pot is empty, if she does not come out to the cave she does not see me till early evening, hears me, but, No See.  just works out that way.

When it's raining she calls me on the Cell, @ 100' away.

Thought occurred to me yesterday, as long as these EAW stacks are sitting here, why not dig out a Pre/Amp/Splitter and fire them up along with the McM's that i currently run?-------Why the hell not?

Got the Amp/Pre/Cables/Time......Hummmm, just in time for New Years........Hummmm:ph34r2:

1996_981078718594786_8867310419763912880_n.jpg

• Like 2

CEC is right and particularly for today's muscle cars and super bikes. They are as docile as can be and very driveable/rideable until you crank on the loud pedal. My Scat 6.4 is ***** cat until you unlock the power, program the sport setting then you best hang on. It is truly an eye/ear opening experience. Same with bikes that now produce around 200hp and weigh but 450-500lbs, some less. Run 'em round below 7/8,000 rpm and they ain't much but from there till 13/14,000 you best be pointing in the right direction with clear road ahead. Helll maybe there's an answer - buy a BMW RR1000 and keep the S2000. Best of both worlds. Cruise top down in the S and wear diapers and Big Boy pants when you turn the loud handle on the RR.  

• Like 3

Rich I really love the car and it is a true roadster.  It does go like stink from 4000-8000 rpm its just that there are not enough places to wind it out.  It's a common quest for a lot of S2000 owners.....low end torque. If I can wrangle 15 more hp then why not?  Never had a muscle car....guess the closest was a 68' Mustang 289.

Just sent a note to an attorney friend from high school who use to be a state senator asking him a couple of questions about LF's recourse. 

The bubble, serviced.  Oil, air, cabin filter, top off fluids, replace cv boot?  Had a hole and throwing grease.

IMG_1907.JPG

• Like 1

Yep again. You want to be pushed back in your seat at moderate speed/rpm much like a plane on take off = torque. Thats what I like about my car, torque and HP values are nearly the same. You get the low end torque push down low and hounds from helll HP on top. Modern engines/electronics are remarkable. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, richieb said:

Yep again. You want to be pushed back in your seat at moderate speed/rpm much like a plane on take off = torque. Thats what I like about my car, torque and HP values are nearly the same. You get the low end torque push down low and hounds from helll HP on top. Modern engines/electronics are remarkable. 

Just like speakers.  There's no replacement for displacement.

• Like 2