Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang

Enjoying dry spell, but that will change by morning.

Parts in for Rv heater, so that's the project of the evening.

Im glad i bought the Rv at 10 years old, because everything i look into for maintenance, is FUBAR.

3 Owners in 10 years, and one or more used the hell outta this critter.

I really dont mind, because i get to upgrade and redesign, cant wait to get to the sound system........

12507236_945508295485162_4050146818616772093_n.jpg

• Like 5

Evening gang

Light Coffee

Rv heater sparkin and blowin all the places it should, complete re-build.

And of course it starts raining so NO install tonight.

More weather coming thru Thursday, all the snow that was melted is now being replaced.

Weather Drama Queens NOT cutting back on their BS, still sending reporters out to the first small overflowing creek they can find.

Quite Monday, i like it.

13962596_1069210159781641_1582504880733642118_n.jpg

• Like 4

Up late, doing some online exam for a requirement at work (get paid for the time I spend online for the tests, up to 24 hours. Spent 3 tonight and almost done).

Can't wait to retire, but the working is good... still got too many bills to pay.

Bruce

perspective.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I love fireplaces, I've built hundreds, maybe a thousand of them, most were hand built all masonry. Just curious, do you leave the insert door open when you have a fire?  I'm sure you're careful, because you use a lot of wood, but a wood spark could easily pop out of there into your room. Not trying to be critical, I'm always about the safety. When I install a fireplace, I always offer to show the homeowners how to build a fire, and the dangers that can happen. 

Does your insert have a fan? If not, one can be installed. A fan will double or triple the amount of warm air coming out of that area. It will make your wood go farther also. 

Nothing will warm you up like a nice fire. My wife and daughters never had a fireplace before, and didn't really think they would like one, but they love it. I won't let them have a fire going unless I'm home though. Mine is an open firebox, I don't have an insert.

When I was a kid, my Dad had these metal fireplace sandwich makers, we called the hobo pie makers. I bought a pair a couple years ago. A piece of buttered bread, cherry, apple, or even ham and cheese filling, then another piece of buttered bread, close the metal sandwich maker, place it in the open fire, then about 6-10 minutes later you have a cherry filled turnover. They are awesome!

Last house I was in, I installed a nice Vermont Castings stove in the dining/kitchen area. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the damper could pop OPEN, letting the fire burn full on. You would have thought they would make it work the opposite, so it would actually shut it down.

Anyway, I loved it! It got where I could have a load going in the morning, and leave as it was starting to burn down, close the damper and then still have enough coals to start it back up when I got home. Great stove.

Bruce

• Like 6

Morning all....

Gotta roll out, just checking real quick....

No tacos for us today.....Tuesday is the day we hook up with our friends, we will go to the Honey Pig....the Korean BBQ mmmmmmmm so good.

Ceptorman......I'll  get back to ya on the fire insert.....

Gotta roll...... Subaru radiator is waiting for me.....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Good Mid Morning gang

Great time to hit the Depot, Maint list was getting long.

One thing i did do was pick up a couple C0 detectors, these new one's have been out for about a year, the Tech has come a long way.

If you have NOT bought a C0 detector in the last year, then it's likely time.

Old units are really only good for maybe 5 years, new ones they say 10.

Your azz is worth $40 bucks.

Got one for the homestead and RV.

C0 is the Silent killer, with the fire dept we push them as much as smoke detectors these days.

Ok, done with the public service message:

31421043943_bb0f906eb2_z.jpg

this-changes-my-life-in-all-directions-but-taco-cat-spelled-backward-is-still-taco-cat_o_3364953.jpg

• Like 4

Hey guys, I've been off for awhile. Drove up to north TX to move my mom into an assisted living facility which she likes. Hung around to visit, do some chores and ready house for sale. Was to pick up the Khorns tomorrow (Wed) but hadn't been able to make contact with the seller for several days. I'm thinking oh no I got a bum deal since I paid for them a couple of weeks ago. Good news is the contacted me today. Unfortunately my 86 year old mom fell and broke her hip this morning so all the unimportant stuff is being bypassed. Waiting on realtor to arrive for signatures and then awaiting word on when surgery can be scheduled and to relieve on duty sister at hospital.

• Like 4

Just now, Tarheel said:

Bummer Mike.....all the way around.  Hope everything turns out well.

Agree 100% with Chuck.  So sorry to hear that.

One of my co-workers husband fell and had to have pins put in his hip yesterday.  It's all too common of an injury with the elderly.  I was talking about it with the surgeon who fixed my mothers hip.  His theory was that it breaks and that's why they fall.  Either cause, it's a bad deal.

• Like 3

• Moderators
23 hours ago, MKP'S BOSS said:

MKP's dad is CRAZY ...

Well that explains alot, but really just be glad he's still around even if you have no idea what he's saying. Talks like Ozzy, that's funny. 

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Bummer Mike.....all the way around.  Hope everything turns out well.

Sorry to hear that, it seems you rarely ever get a break, more stuff happens around you than any 5 other people here. What have you done to deserve all this bad and sometimes scary luck, were probably better off not knowing, it might be safer that way.  

• Like 4