Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On January 1, 2017 at 7:02 AM, DizRotus said:

Good morning and Happy New Year.

Now a shameless plug for a small work by my nephew, Ryan Disney.  Col. Pierre Ortiz was a true American hero, spy, USMC officer, etc. He spoke several languages and was at times a race car driver, lion tamer and much more. Ryan is in the process of putting his remarkable story to paper.  A short teaser is available from Amazon for $0.99.  I'd attach a proper link if I were at a real computer, rather than an iPad.  Go to Amazon and search Ryan Disney and you'll get to the story.

Clearly, I'm a proud uncle rather than an objective reviewer, but I defy anyone interested in history, especially WW II history, to read the short piece and not get more than $0.99 cents worth of enjoyment.  I'm looking forward to the full piece.

I'm curious about feedback, including editing suggestions.  I'll pass it along to my nephew.  For example, I noticed a repeated word.  Many professional proofreaders read backward to avoid seeing what they expect rather than what is printed.

• Like 4

Love the Starbucks comments Diz. Drink plenty of coffee at home, rarely buy it out, but when I traveled and had to get airport coffee I looked anywhere other than 'Bucks. For a black coffee drinker their menu is like another language, one I have zero interest in learning. And then I ask for a black coffee, medium size - they look at me like I just dropped in from Mars. "Black coffee? What kind of black coffee? Plain"!!!!??? I don't care to be judged when all I want is a cup of f'in hot coffee; yeah MickeyD's will do nicely. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, richieb said:

Love the Starbucks comments Diz. Drink plenty of coffee at home, rarely buy it out, but when I traveled and had to get airport coffee I looked anywhere other than 'Bucks. For a black coffee drinker their menu is like another language, one I have zero interest in learning. And then I ask for a black coffee, medium size - they look at me like I just dropped in from Mars. "Black coffee? What kind of black coffee? Plain"!!!!??? I don't care to be judged when all I want is a cup of f'in hot coffee; yeah MickeyD's will do nicely. 

Precisely!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Steve.....could you teach me how to gamble?:)

Full disclaimer:  I won $2,500 on a quarter slot machine, and $400 playing Blackjack.  I had taken my Mom there and she played video poker, so i had to stick close by her to keep an eye on her. I lost $400 the night before and was whining while I was playing a quarter machine the next morning. I was saying aloud, "It's just dumb luck. Other people win, when is it my turn?" Then I hit 10X 10X Red Seven. Then i said, "it's finally my turn."  Best part was this happened the morning we were leaving, so I got to take all of it home.

Then Uncle Sam took $668 of it. 

• Like 2

The weekend is almost here!  No rest for the weary though.  I'm leaving work early and driving 3 hours to my brothers again.  Last time I was there I put the plumbing underground in for him for the house he's building.  This time the walls are up and I'm taking 3 days to try and run all the vent pipes and water supplies.  I told him I'd be taking 2 breaks.  One Saturday and one Sunday, to watch the football playoffs.  I figured I'd watch one per day.  I've packed my current bottle of Weller I'm working on and I'm sure we'll spend the evenings around a fire.  It's work but I love being around family.  You guys keep the moderating needs to a minimum this weekend.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The weekend is almost here!  No rest for the weary though.  I'm leaving work early and driving 3 hours to my brothers again.  Last time I was there I put the plumbing underground in for him for the house he's building.  This time the walls are up and I'm taking 3 days to try and run all the vent pipes and water supplies.  I told him I'd be taking 2 breaks.  One Saturday and one Sunday, to watch the football playoffs.  I figured I'd watch one per day.  I've packed my current bottle of Weller I'm working on and I'm sure we'll spend the evenings around a fire.  It's work but I love being around family.  You guys keep the moderating needs to a minimum this weekend.

Just read the entire post. "Keep the moderating needs to a minimum". Say what - you need to earn the big $$$ they pay you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You guys keep the moderating needs to a minimum this weekend.

I'll take over for you!  :emotion-21:  If the troops get out of line, I'll issue a "don't do that."

And if they continue, I'll follow up with "...and this time I really mean it!"  with a mean look.  :angry:

Just like how the you-know-who conducts foreign policy.  :lol:

• Like 2

Happy Friday evening to all...There is so much to read here in CCand C..

Some kind of winter storm supposed to hit here in Omaha\CB area starting on Sunday, apparently this is whats coming, Forecasters say the area could get three-fourths of an inch of ice....

Anyway It's Friday the 13th, my new washer and dryer were suppose to arrive today, didn't happen...Will spend part of tomorrow with Erin "daughter" doing laundry :D

I have this hankering for home made Beef Enchiladas...Trip to store tomorrow....

Cheers all....

• Like 4