Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Wonder if I should add dark rum?

If it wouldn't contradict any medicine your taking why not. Glad your feeling a little better, used berries will to that, unless it those cat poop coffee beans, wouldn't know about those. :emotion-41:

Better get better the LF will be back soon, that should perk you up. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm currently wired up like a mafia informant. I will soon know the results.

Good luck, hope they find something they can fix.

For now if the weather is bad with lightning, you and your wires stay inside, they can't fix crispy. :huh:

• Like 4

Just now, dtel said:

Good luck, hope they find something they can fix.

For now if the weather is bad with lightning, you and your wires stay inside, they can't fix crispy. :huh:

Thanks. We did have some winter lightening last week, kind of rare around here.

It's ironic you mentioned residual affects the other day. This doc asked if I ever had a concussion. I said about four of them. He then asked if I passed out in any of them, I said yes, two of them. I forgot what he called it but it can affect you much later in life. He then said they're learning a lot about concussions and brain injuries. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

That's why my brain is headed to the Boston University CTE study.  When I'm done with it, I hope they find it useful to study CTE.  God knows nobody would want it as a transplant.

Yours would be a desirable brain, it was hardly used:D

(tip your waitress on the way out)

• Like 5

To shift gears, it amazes me to read about such things as hand transplants.  Imagine the positive life changing benefits of such transplants.  But, I can't help to wonder why they can successfully, sort of, connect nerves today, but they could do nothing for my severed peroneal nerve in 1976.

I can testify to the stupidity of water skiing under the influence.  Total right knee peroneal nerve palsy caused 100% foot drop.  Nerve reattachment, or regeneration, were beyond the state of the art in 1976.  Without, then groundbreaking, posterior tibial tendon transfer surgery in 1982, I would not have been able to walk without using a brace like those used by stroke patients.

• Like 3

Good Tuesday afternoon gang

Just back in from the farm run(s).

Wife in Frisco dropping the Sailor daughter, heading for Dublin for two weeks. rough life she has eh?

Farmer(s) Bi tchy and crabby, likely the weather.

Other than it being my Fav day of the week,

Berti County NC Peanuts have arrived, Thanx Chuck :emotion-21:

31563599003_ea274b3c73_z.jpg

31997345910_d2ff84817a_z.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Thanks. We did have some winter lightening last week, kind of rare around here.

It's ironic you mentioned residual affects the other day. This doc asked if I ever had a concussion. I said about four of them. He then asked if I passed out in any of them, I said yes, two of them. I forgot what he called it but it can affect you much later in life. He then said they're learning a lot about concussions and brain injuries. 

I was always told after my first concussion, Three Max.

After that you are asking for trouble.

Got rid of my Big Dog Bike because going down on that critter a couple years back was my third.

I miss the CHIT out of my bike, wife's ok with my Dirt bike though, and i guess, i am too.

12444599115_b725fd1f27_z.jpg

• Like 4

Mark that was a sweet ride -- i know now why you miss it.  Be careful with those ghost pepper peanuts -- the package scared me. At a hot sauce store once in San Francisco,  hot peanuts on counter as free samples...i think my mouth is still on fire years later. 

Have your bride video you eating one ...that might be fun to watch (unless you’re one of those guys that can eat fire without batting an eye).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm currently wired up like a mafia informant. I will soon know the results.

do they suspect a heart rhythm issue?  I’ve been wired twice...flunked the first one--identified  benign PVCs.  Second time, was totally normal.

I hope you get great results. praying for you brother!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minermark said:

Got rid of my Big Dog Bike because going down on that critter a couple years back was my third.

I miss the CHIT out of my bike, wife's ok with my Dirt bike though, and i guess, i am too.

12444599115_b725fd1f27_z.jpg

Did you fall off that thing?   ^^^  :o

If you did, I'd be crying.  :(

+++

I'm not a big street bike guy, but that is a gorgeous bike.

• Like 4

I'm 0 for 2 rescuing drunks.  Seems sobriety can't be forced upon someone.

But, as Monty Python said, "Now for something completely different."  A friend emailed this to me.  I thought he was referring to Big Ben Roethlisberger.  It's fascinating.

• Like 2