Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, JL Sargent said:

How do they like it? Installed one at my dad's house and I don't care for it too much.

It will be several months before the house is finished so I really don't know.  I've got to go back up in 2 weeks to run all the mains and drops on the water side and tie the vents together and put them through the roof.

I's a stout heater.  I'm thinking they have to run three 50 amp circuits to it or something crazy like that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

This was sent to me by my brother yesterday. He's in Alaska too.

mms_img-2101547121.jpg

Brutal! 

Had a frozen pipe that didn't burst (Yay!) - water flowing again.  Up to -5 this morning and it feels downright balmy!  Woo Hoo!  Happy Friday everyone!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The HEATER actually takes three 40 amp breakers to run it.

WOW....that's a lot of amperage. Most older homes don't have that much power for the whole house.

So, you're doing the whole plumbing job for your brother? That's quite a chore.....fine job sir.

• Like 4

Just now, Ceptorman said:

So, you're doing the whole plumbing job for your brother?

From the septic tank to the roof vents and everything in-between on waste and all the water and gas piping as well.  I let him hand me stuff :lol:.  He also got to do some hand digging as well as drilling holes for the vent pipes to go into the attic.  Anything that needs to be joined is my job as well as lay out.

• Like 2

That's awesome you have the skills and time for all that, saving him some coin too. Are you using copper piping? I know I'm old school, but I still like copper. Think of the millions of homes with it. I know Pex is good too, and much faster. Copper just looks more professional.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, akdave said:

Brutal! 

Had a frozen pipe that didn't burst (Yay!) - water flowing again.  Up to -5 this morning and it feels downright balmy!  Woo Hoo!  Happy Friday everyone!

Looking at your thermometer you might need consider with less numbers to the + side and more to the -. Seems you have a greater chance at going past -50 than approaching + 200! Damn, that's cold!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

That's awesome you have the skills and time for all that, saving him some coin too. Are you using copper piping? I know I'm old school, but I still like copper. Think of the millions of homes with it. I know Pex is good too, and much faster. Copper just looks more professional.

Copper piping throughout with lead free solder and water soluble flux.  Water hammer arrestors on all the fixtures. 

The only time I would use pex is if there was a chance the lines would be exposed to freezing temperatures but there's no chance here.  Guys that do it for a living like it because it's fast but we've got plenty of time.  

• Like 3

Good day

Weekend loading

Rv Cabinet work continues, im thinkin maybe if i did NOT conceal the camp 12Ga, this project would be moving much faster.

But then again if i dont make a reasonable effort to keep weapon(s) out of public view, i deserve to be shot with my own gun.

OR, i could be just like the urban cowboys of Texas, and just hang them in the Rv window(s).

Note:

After research and a can of the "New" Locktite Foam", i have found this Foam does NOT stick to common Kirkland brand trash bags, just like Teflon, it peels right off.

32278119682_c9c8d3ba34_c.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The HEATER actually takes three 40 amp breakers to run it.

I have a tankless WH albeit propane powered. Don't know what the manufacturer calls out for maintenance on the Eco Smart but what ever it might be make sure it gets done. Mine leaked all over the basement floor ruining a few items(fortunately not the KHorns or Lascalas) we were storing in the utility room. When I called up the company rep he said "have you been doing the maintenance?" I said WTF you talking 'bout? He said you have to run vinegar or CLR through it once a year. I said who the F does that? He said I bet you will now! He was right, as a matter of fact that's going to be one of my indoor chores this rainy weekend.

• Like 2