Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

No presents guys.....well maybe just a few:)  Did I mention I drinks a bit? 

Butch Trucks and Mary Tyler Moore in one day:(

With the TV boom of the 50s, 60s, and 70s, will will see more celebrity deaths this year than last. Probably more in 18 also. 

• Like 5

Hello everyone. I haven't been here, as much lately. I'm not sure why, other than I no longer sit in front of a computer all day. I did have the longest interview in my life yesterday. I was there for four hours. This after I had already had a 45 minute phone interview and I still have a third interview next week. They sure do their due diligence. Hopefully it will all be worth it, even if it is a cut in pay. A couple more irons in the fire, as back up.

On the up side, I am listening to a lot more music these days. I even hosted our local audio clubs fall party last weekend. That was a blast with music, food and friends. Even Direct Audio showed up with crates full of MoFi vinyl and other audio goodies for sale, door prizes and a big giveaway.

No worries mate.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Hello everyone. I haven't been here, as much lately. I'm not sure why, other than I no longer sit in front of a computer all day. I did have the longest interview in my life yesterday. I was there for four hours. This after I had already had a 45 minute phone interview and I still have a third interview next week. They sure do their due diligence. Hopefully it will all be worth it, even if it is a cut in pay. A couple more irons in the fire, as back up.

On the up side, I am listening to a lot more music these days. I even hosted our local audio clubs fall party last weekend. That was a blast with music, food and friends. Even Direct Audio showed up with crates full of MoFi vinyl and other audio goodies for sale, door prizes and a big giveaway.

No worries mate.

Good to hear from you Luther.  I have been wondering about the job search.  I'm sure our situations are very different but about 6 years ago after 39 working years, the last 19 with the same company, I was downsized due to the economy.  Our company went from 26 workers to when I made my departure we were at nine employees.  Money was tight for awhile and with the loss of my wife in 2010 it got even tighter.  Decided to turn the opportunity into retirement since I didn't feel there was much demand for 62 year olds.  Things have improved over the years....I bought a fun second car (Honda S2000) in October, reroofed the house, did a bath remodel, added to my arsenal, and currently having 2 R2Rs rebuilt.  This feels like flush times after the previous four.

I hope you took pictures of the gathering?  Please post.

As for Carl, if he can drag his butt all the way to Hope he could make it to your house or were you worried he would want to serve his slushies?

With you obvious skills and talents I have "no worries mate".

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dtel said:

But he looks good, for being really old, he has that just came off the beach look. 

I won't go into his looks but tarheel mentioned with beach reminded me of something.

I had lived in Daytona for 6 years earlier in life and spent as much time as possible on the beach.  I loved the beach there.  White sand with a very large flat expanse to the water.  It was my second home.  Fast forward several years and I ended up in TX, living about 30 minutes from the beach.  Of course I had to go check it out.  The first time I went, I went with my girlfriend (future wife).  I couldn't believe there were oil rigs in the water in plain view of where we were.  It ruined the view of the horizon.  Oh well I guess that's TX for you.  We went for a long beach walk and when we got back to the car I noticed the bottom of my feet were black and whatever it was, it wouldn't wipe off.  WTF is this crap I asked?  She said "tar balls".  If the rigs had a small leak, the oil would wash up on the beach rolled up into balls.  Ugh, I was tarheel for the day.  Every time after that I'd bring solvent and a rag when we went.  Most times you wouldn't need it but when you did, it was good to have.

• Like 3

Morning/afternoon all....

Been catching up on the posts. Man there's quite a bit going on....weather, dentist, new dogs, some health stuff, new job prospects, drinking, eating....... man it sounds like life is happing. Just want to say my best to all my peeps here;)

Same ol' crapp going on.........work, work, work, bills, bills, bills. 

I did get my new (cold) hot water heater in. got that done last Saturday. I had a buddy of mine help me......well I helped him. The new unit was anout 6" taller that the old one. So we had to move the shut off valve up higher. Just one extra trip to plumbing store for couple of fittings. It took both of us to move the old one out. It was full of sediment from our well. We got a water filter system put in the house a few years back cus of all the sediment that we were getting in our water. Anyway, we can now take a long long hot shower after work......ahhhhhh hot water so good:D

ok....gotta work....check back later....

MKP :-)

• Like 4

oh I forgot to mention,

I got a bottle of OT's hot sauce in the mail Monday.....thanks Brian...

I think were making chilli this weekend.....gonna check it out..... mmmmmmmm

When I first joined the forum there was some guys growing peppers. There was a thread about it it or something. I want to grow some this year on the deck....should be fun

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Morning yet again gang

Up from Nap and looking @ 40 degrees

Hit Costco yesterday, NO vodka needed, iv got plenty.

Lagavulin16 @$58bucks, now by god that IS a deal. and there is never enough of the SingleMalt.

Wife's up and i smell Bacon aroma in the back yard

Day's about to get better.

The Super bowl numbers are done, Pub run to fetch.

That is the extent of the days agenda.

Retirement, such a terrible thing to waste.........this IS how i envisioned it :emotion-21:

funny-picture-comics-coffee-addict.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

When I first joined the forum there was some guys growing peppers. There was a thread about it it or something. I want to grow some this year on the deck....should be fun

Holler if you need a hand.  I normally grow some every year and always in pots.

• Like 2