Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Afternoon gang.....

Just checking in....it's been awhile since I've posted. 

I've been trying to keep up on posts.......just been standing in the shadows with my carrot in my hand:ph34r:.

crazy weather here also.....gonna be close to 80 tomorrow....

Wishing all a great day.....

later....

MKP :-)

As long as the hand it not moving it's fine, I guess :mellow:

• Like 6

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

Standing up to us food bullies, good on you! Some funny stuff here - "Del Taco is magic"; "Northern Mexico". Great stuff.

He's just standing up for his odd taste, when Del Taco and ketchup is a huge part of a diet you have to admit it's a little odd. 

But then BSM is a oddity himself, so I guess we really should just agree that it's magic ?  Carry on BSM, whatever makes you happy is good. :emotion-21:

Just for the record the wife went to the store today and I told her to get some ketchup and a bottle of horseradish, love the stuff together. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dtel said:

He's just standing up for his odd taste, when Del Taco and ketchup is a huge part of a diet you have to admit it's a little odd. 

But then BSM is a oddity himself, so I guess we really should just agree that it's magic ?  Carry on BSM, whatever makes you happy is good. :emotion-21:

Just for the record the wife went to the store today and I told her to get some ketchup and a bottle of horseradish, love the stuff together. 

that is an incredibly good combo Elden.  I’m a huge horseradish fan too.

As far as me being an oddity, i think that is fair.  But, according to the paramedics, i left my imprint in the grill of a 2009 Toyota Tundra...was the Del Taco diet responsible for my super human strength? Draw your own conclusion.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

As far as me being an oddity, i think that is fair.  But, according to the paramedics, i left my imprint in the grill of a 2009 Toyota Tundra...was the Del Taco diet responsible for my super human strength? Draw your own conclusion.

Del Taco magic it is! Open and shut case ---- 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

That's ironic you mentioned the superhuman strength you get from Del Tacos. One of my attempts at humor is when I do something physical at work or at home, I pat my belly and say  "burrito power":D Maybe I'll change the saying to "taco Power"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

tumblr_m8hjp879AY1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

Yes it is...... and I'm just Humping along:P

We are supposed to get some really bad weather later this afternoon.... got this warm front coming in gonna be in the 70's today.....

Had a kinda :pwk_bs: job come in the shop yesterday...... a 98 Accord that drivers door will NOT open from the inside or outside......oh yea what fun..... I've done a few of these back at the dealer.... Honda had a bulletin for the 90-93 Accords. So it's been years since I've fooled with one of these problems. We would have to rip off the inner door panel (with the door shut) to gain access to the door latch then use a 90* drill and drill in the right spot on the latch and hope you get it the 1st time. I sucked at that part.... we had one guy at the dealer that seemed to hit the right spot most of the time. So once the door panel was off we would call him over. Well that guy is not at my shop:laugh: so before I started drilling I did a little Goggle search to see what info is out there now, cuz we didn't have Goggle back in 1990. Well I came across two videos of this problem where the mechanic made a little tool with a hook on it to grab a little tab that you can't even see. He showed on the removed latch where the tab is and even that was hard to see on the video. So I made a little hook tool out of a timing belt hydraulic tension pin and dove in..... about 30 minutes of fishing around the latch the door popped open... OH YEA.... So much better than the drill method. Back at the dealer we would have cars come in from other shops that tried to get these stuck doors open..... some of them were so hacked up that it took twice as long to fix.

Well my new latch just showed up from the dealer......    Time to get Humping....... Later....

• Like 4

• Moderators
15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I love the stuff, added ketchup, alot of horseradish, lemon and a little salt. 

I doubt the Del Taco's hurt, being run over by a truck is kind of a rough way to test the power of what you had for lunch. :huh: Super human strength, possibly, just very lucky, positively. I know being called lucky for something that takes years to recover from if ever is not normal, but you could have easily been roadkill.

Oddity is not necessarily a bad thing, but being a oddity in LA you must have something special going on since it's a area full of oddness. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Here is a pic of the little hook that got the door open....... This really saved the day. 

20170301_114254.jpg

Nice going Mark. One of my brothers is very good at Macgyvering a tool from scratch to complete a job. I'm a little too impatient sometimes. 

• Like 5

lady at work just commented that I was "all smiles."  Probably because i just came out of my boss' office after i told him that i moved my retirement date up...i'm leaving at the end of this month.  Found out that if i'm already retired on April 1st, i get a 2% cost of living raise.  People that retire April 1st or later, must wait until next April for a raise (if they have one next year...generally, it's less than 2%).  

So, i'm in the homestretch.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

lady at work just commented that I was "all smiles."  Probably because i just came out of my boss' office after i told him that i moved my retirement date up...i'm leaving at the end of this month.  Found out that if i'm already retired on April 1st, i get a 2% cost of living raise.  People that retire April 1st or later, must wait until next April for a raise (if they have one next year...generally, it's less than 2%).  

So, i'm in the homestretch.

So you WILL be able to make it to Hope!

• Like 5